Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Shifta and Deband scale based on the level of the tech (and, if applicable, skills that boost their efficacy) and provide an increase based on the player's base stats, but I don't see anything else that could imply anything beyond that.

I use this resource for damage calculation. It provides the damage formulas for calculating player and enemy damage, and doesn't mention level involved anywhere. Player and enemy level have no bearing on anything involving damage calculations.

Defense is directly subtracted from Attack; (S-Atk - S-Def) and similar.

50 S-Def is huge at a low level with weak attacks against weak units.

But once you start amassing thousands of stats, an extra 50 doesn't seem as much in comparison. You would need 10% of the enemy's Atk to mitigate 10% of their Atk, or 10% Res.

Not sure how much Atk mobs or bosses have, but it's certainly higher than 1000 since people clearly still take damage with as much.

Though it's not exactly true that 50 Def = 10 damage taken directly off the top; mobs have "PA" multipliers too.

Besides, the Flash Guards reduce Ranged damage as well, with Tech being a sizeable 30%.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

in my hu tree I got 5 sp spare after maxing the Fury S Up2, Fury combo 2 branches, all 3 gears, healing guard, 1 sp in rare mastery and max fury gear boost.
    Where would you recommend spending the last 5 sp? iron will or step advance?

Sig by Gama

Maybe I'll finally be able to go HU/FI like I want if the healing buffs prove useful enough. I can't stand not being able to regain hp other than with the use of -mates since they're limited so my sub is TE, but I really wanna use FI weapons because of FFXIV, eck.

Why not use Fi/Br for Just Reversal Cover? 20% HP regen every time you Just Reversal.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suzaku0zero0 View Post
    in my hu tree I got 5 sp spare after maxing the Fury S Up2, Fury combo 2 branches, all 3 gears, healing guard, 1 sp in rare mastery and max fury gear boost.
    Where would you recommend spending the last 5 sp? iron will or step advance?
    Are you kidding?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Shouldn't it be 10SP? You don't want Fury Crit maxed unless you're a Fighter main, in which case you wouldn't need Fury Gear maxed. I'd fill up Iron Will, though one point in War Cry can sometimes be useful, and if you've only got a couple left you could put one or two in Step Advance. Possibly one in Automate maybe...
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Automate, for those who are not careful and call for constant res. Insert "OP Braver gif here". Automate is a huge crutch, which I was told to use in my beginning life of a hunter last year, but now, really? Maybe in that ultimate quest, but.. wow. What happened to don't get hit? Did DPS spiral out of control again? Even with my guard hunter, just guard is free and heal for 5%? Automate should be a last resource. Hell, I just recover on my Saber cosplay way more than any tech damage I got. haven't tested ranged damage, but that seems to be vhardas "FIRIN LASER" or those other quarry bots, which is pretty easy to dodge.
    Last edited by Dephinix; Sep 24, 2014 at 02:19 AM.