Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default How do the Japanese feel...

So, I'm curious and my knowledge of Japanese--like many here, are limited to very phrases, so there would be no way of me knowing...but I'm curious as to how Japanese players feel about us "outsiders" playing their game/beta.

When I say outsider--well, I pretty much mean any players living in America, Europe...etc., not sure how they feel about Asian countries though I'll presume they might be more apathetic to them if they are able to communicate on some degree of Japanese.

Not trying to start anything here, but my experience with previous PSO/PSU titles, as well as other Japanese MMO franchise (FFXI, FFXIV) leads me to believe that they're generally not too fond of foreigners playing with them, on the basis of the language barrier and seemingly--two because of the simple fact we're not Japanese; obviously not everyone is like that.

So I'm curious, has there been any discussion on their forums or in game about us playing their beta? I'd have to believe someone, somewhere out there has already blamed us for the unstable servers--and I would not be surprised to see some sort of petition to exclude us from the official launch.

If I had to be honest, I'd say this post is more of me being prepared for the worst; I don't want to be hyped about this game or beta knowing they might try some regional blocking--Sega of America is not looking too hot these days, so I'm not counting this game for a state-side release.

They probably don't mind us just as long as we aren't annoying or anything.

Like Brazilians being on American servers. Them being there isn't a problem until they take over and act like complete idiots.

Funny you mention this!

One of the top threads on the Japanese Closed Beta BBS is actually about Foreigners being on the game...and its not very positive
    Some are even saying we are causing the servers to lag and even go down, as was the case of Block 20...these people also proposed IP blocking to keep us out. Overall pretty negative stuff about us being on this beta...
    The odd clever person added positive comments such as overseas markets being full of SEGA fans who would like to take part in these types of pre-release tests and frankly i can only agree...both on our behalf but also from a marketing perspective.

well on the server load claim... they better have proof lol... and if its gonna go global then better to have it go down in beta of load and adjust accordingly then be time it goes out and have them fart out. plus dont think alot of US players know of phantasy star games anymore lol cept ones that come to pso and stuff. and also were helping them test their range limits and stuff like how much power it woudl take to handle us servers if sperate or what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyTheChicken View Post
    One of the top threads on the Japanese Closed Beta BBS is actually about Foreigners being on the game...and its not very positive
    Some are even saying we are causing the servers to lag and even go down, as was the case of Block 20...these people also proposed IP blocking to keep us out. Overall pretty negative stuff about us being on this beta...
    HA... HA... HA!
    Nevermind that everytime the servers struggle is when all the Japanese get out of bed.
    Last edited by Macman; Apr 22, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

Funny you mention this!

The odd clever person added positive comments such as overseas markets being full of SEGA fans who would like to take part in these types of pre-release tests and frankly i can only agree...both on our behalf but also from a marketing perspective.
    Not too surprised about this; I suppose this will be up to the dev's. I had every intention of playing and even using the cash shop every so often to support them...but if they region block us, well that's their loss.

Well hopefully they know who to listen to then, they couldnt buy the kind of PR & Advertsing they're getting from people posting about it and streaming videos twitch.tv is abuzz with PSO2 feeds

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

So we're just a bunch of BAKA GAIJIN to them? Or are the majority actually pretty cool?

Ship 2 - Gatz

Quote Originally Posted by Hayde View Post
    well that's their loss.
    Exactly how I feel
    As long as we are being incredibly rude and annoying I don't see the issue.