Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

it's fine to dislike a class for arbitrary reasons (i don't really like hero either) but it's not the simplest class. the skill tree may be extremely straightforward, but the actual technical skill needed to play the class effectively is moderately high (as it is with most classes).

hero did raise the bar for what the baseline for classes in pso2 should be which is why i think you have a chip on your shoulder about it because you think it's this jesus class that can do everything but in reality it still requires knowledge/skill to play (also like any other class).

honestly, if you're pissed about hero tree, why doesn't gunner bother you? gunner literally only has one true path on their skill tree and it currently the highest ranked class.

H-ero class complexity scaled based on how many weapon types being used & how often changing between them, which requires quite lot of practice if going use 3 of them all time. The usage of tech for utility also added into the scale.
    Often I lose focus doing that since I kinda wavering what next action I will take, considering I don't use H-ero class that much.

I dislike gunner just as much but that was never brought up, and Kril I disagree with saying my class is simple as a rebuttle, or saying I'm too expert for Hero they doubt I can even play it or will ever try that XQ again are good points. Most importantly almost all of you are missing my entire point, RPGs are about building characters not slashing and shooting things while you try to avoid stuff. This whole thing started with me bringing up my hatred towards Hero because it's an extremely easy class to work with, you just pick the damage and weapon skills get some fairly strong gear and you can wreck. This never had anything to do with the skill required, or cool moves it can do. Why is this so hard to understand.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    This whole thing started with me bringing up my hatred towards Hero because it's an extremely easy class to work with, you just pick the damage and weapon skills get some fairly strong gear and you can wreck.
    that's literally every class in the game right now. i don't know why you think hero is so different

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post
    that's every class in the game right now. i don't know why you think hero is so different
    Hero only gets one skill tree with no variation in how it's used. Almost all the other classes have multiple different paths, and you use a second one. Most likely with multiple different paths.
    v2.567486457.968

Not sure which part of RPG need to be understand.
    I just wanna shoot stuffs with guns with manual aim, and it's the first time of Phanstasy Star series implement jump (lol my reason from EP1).
    Hence the reason I'm main Ranger till now.

Hero only gets one skill tree with no variation in how it's used. Almost all the other classes have multiple different paths, and you use a second one. Most likely with multiple different paths.
    there is an illusion of choice but in reality, there are really only 1-2 accepted skill load outs for each class.

classes still have tons of useless garbage skills on their trees and if you wanna make an argument for those, be my guest.

the class combo that probably has the most "variety" is fote but it's usually limited to element swapping on trees and potentially having a full PF investment tree

It's fine if you prefer the gameplay parts of the game, like I know a lot of people who literally hate RPGs but love Souls. And I don't care how viable endgame other class options are, just that they're there. Why is this still a thing? I made one douchey comment expecting it to just end at that, then everyone comes in like "Hey I don't agree with this new guys opinion, I'm gonna try to make him feel stupid."
    v2.567486457.968

Wow it seems most of the English player base is only on it because of how Japanese it is. Hero is by far the simplest class, it's a fact. I don't care if it's more fun, or if it has cool tricks. You get one skill tree that is blatantly spelled out for you and would be useless if you tried to do any different variation, aside from going pure tank which is technically also useless. I don't need a bunch of assholes who apparently know nothing of the game other than how to attack coming here to shit on me because I don't like a class. If you've got some actual info against my points feel free to send it at me, if you're just going to insult me feel free to eat a dick.

Edit: hopefully the people this isn't to don't take offense.
    You're the asshole yourself calling the other users who use Hero a noob and stupid people. There was nothing wrong until you said that. The fact that you talk so outdated like you don't follow the balances that are happening from time to time thinking of Hero a cookie cutter which is so last year makes you the noob yourself.

At least some people I know here who also hate Hero as much as you do knows how far Hero has been deprecated down to only its flexibility with the same risk of being the lowest damage dealer in the map, unlike you who are being a dick who happen to probably not know what's going on since Hero got released and other classes other than your Te/Fi which sadly can't do much right now either no matter how much you and I want it to happen.

You want to force your paradigm of "RPG" won't even work here, the trinity doesn't even apply in here, as mil said. This game is pretty much different than you think, while it is more common to action than its traditional RPG features attached such as the character progressive system. If what you care is all about tree, it isn't, though of course it is important. Most RPGs put their PAs or Technics(magic whatever) on their tree, this game don't. In this game? Glass cannon is pretty much non existent anymore since buffed PD came in 2 years ago. And the last rebalances after cookie cutter Hero? Not really much on the tree but on the PAs, atk speed, hitstops, anything about hit and dodge.

we're not trying to dunk on you. we're trying to correct misconceptions you have about this game.