Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast

Not really surrising. Most likely not gonna get it because for one it might be pc-only and two for it being released in japan before anywhere else, resulting in the increasing update gap as seen on PSU.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Id prefer it not being pc only....i plan to build a pc anyways, but I much rather play on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    Suffice it to say that is one thing we all hope they learned from PSU: do not attempt to drip feed us content that is already on the disc. Give us everything on the disc, then make actual new content for future updates.
    If they do that, I will not only refuse to get it but try my hardest to make sure no one else does. Enough with the level caps, unreleased missions/areas and weapons....when you pay for a full game you should have it from the start.

PC exclusive = fine by me. It should have been that way since they did it on Blue Burst (which was awesome), honestly.

Now please let Dragon Sakai and the PSP team be handling this, and please don't let them think that because it's PSO2 it has to have all the same stuff PSO did verbatim.

There's a lot of stuff from PSU/PSP that NEEDS to be in this game. Things like clothing, ability to change characters appearance/class anytime, free run with lock-on targeting (read, no crappy walking when you're near an enemy) and dodging, and PAs if they balance them out.

If they do bring back the light/heavy system (which is a good possibility unless they go brand-new), I hope it allows for actual unique and varied attack strings as opposed to the same stock animation just slower/stronger or faster/weaker. They could drop PAs entirely if they did this right, making fighting more like combos in games like Devil May Cry (the old ones, go to hell Western reboot).

And since it is PC only...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO DRIP FEEDING CONTENT.

EDIT: And more races than Human/CAST/Newman kthx.
    Last edited by AlphaDragoon; Sep 16, 2010 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    And then experienced horrible delays with actually getting us post-release content, until it eventually got to the point that they really may as well just have released it a year later after all... but I digress. Now I recall why putting it on the PS3 would be a bad thing: Sony Computer Entertainment America, if I recall right, makes developers jump through hoops to release new content that the JP branch doesn't, and we all know how what SoA's hoop-jumping skills are like. In fact, SCEA's two-week testing requirement was one of their big reasons for very slow content delivery, or at least one of their big excuses--it's hard to tell sometimes.

That said, yeah, keep it the hell off the PS3. I don't want to have to wait for SoA to slowly drag its own lumpy, leaden ass through SCEA's hoops.

As for the year-later prediction, however, I just figured it would be more in line with recent releases than PSU's relatively quick three months. PSZ and PSP2 were both year-long waits.
    actually if sega doesn't do the stupid slowly unlock content on disk thing it will work better, and some things such as server side stuff doesn't need hoop jumping.
    PSU characters:
    Goldbrease human lv:150 HU:10 RA:5 FF:20 FI:20

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspaller View Post
    I'm holding my excitement until I see an actual gameplay video. I doubt I'll have any interest in it unless it's a console game (I'm honestly not much of a PC gamer...)
    Can some1 say Challenge Mode?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I need to tell Feba and Undertow, then we'll be set!

Cult of Cast Supremacy Raven5_1's Avatar

Honestly what is needed to make the whole thing work, is the best parts of PSO, PSU, PSZ and PSPortable both on game mechanics and game visuals.

Rappy Hunter

What do you think the chances are of seeing some game play footage over the next couple of days?

PSO Assassin

the logo somehow reveals that there'll only be 1 planet in PSO2..
    Ragol? Coral? both would be interesting >_< we'll see..
    i'm so excited, can't wait for new infos

no crappy walking when you're near an enemy
    just use the menu, it's not difficult xD
    my main-chars:
    PSOI&II: Ark (FOmar), Tira2nd^-^' (HUnewearl)
    PSO III: DuRaL (RAarkz)
    PSZ: ありさ~♪ツ (HUmarl), みずギー☆ (FOnewearl)
    PSU360: Ark' (Beast F), ChangPo! (Cast F)

This is really a great announcement! I am excited to see what they will come up with!

But I really do hope, they develope the game more in the direction of PSP2/i and do not go backwards because it is Phantasy Star >Online< 2.
    I think they should keep the class system as it is in PSP2, I would find it actually quite sad if we went back to RAmarl and HUnewearl. Also, of course I think they should keep all of the character customizations.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif