Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

My main problem so far is that Ash is such a generic broody mysterious past-type protagonist; there is nice potential there by having him have that link to Xion already and being an orphan (who maybe is a result of experimentation?), but, come on, even with all the mystery they could still have given him a more interesting personality.
    Also, I get they want to show the darkness and danger, but I just hope they don't continue with the obvious red-shirt shock deaths in every episode.

Show has a good star. Goddamn when somebody competent gets ahold of something.

Now if Sega would kindly....

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    [...] Also, I get they want to show the darkness and danger, but I just hope they don't continue with the obvious red-shirt shock deaths in every episode.
    Not happening soon. RIP Kohana-san, we hardly knew you.

The way the story is presented is radically different from the game's story. It's not a bad thing: after all, it's been 6 years since this story was presented.

Also, now I want nights in the Naberius Forest.

EDIT: I like how they are expanding the lore: every ARKS member is able to absorb darker particles, Matoi and MC being the ones with the maximum storage capacity without being visibly affected.
    Last edited by DrCatco; Oct 15, 2019 at 02:28 AM.

I don't like Ash either. But how good is the fact that Matoi is an actual person in this version of the story?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Preview images for ep3 are already up, so next they're gonna introduce Claris Claes and Sara, and based on the Sara pic, they're gonna reach the tundra.
    https://pso2.jp/anime_eporacle/story/03/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    EDIT: I like how they are expanding the lore: every ARKS member is able to absorb darker particles, Matoi and MC being the ones with the maximum storage capacity without being visibly affected.
    I think that's also part of the normal game, it's just that normal arks don't have anywhere our kill count so it can't build up as much. Arks simply have the advantage that thanks to Photons they have some resistance at all.
    And yeah, while they obviously changed some things so far I think it's a pretty good adaption. I don't mind Ash being a broody boy as it's much better than "Generic naive and happy protagonist A" like ... the other guy from the adaption I won't speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    I don't like Ash either. But how good is the fact that Matoi is an actual person in this version of the story?
    Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town is fine tho, I find Shitsuki and Shitsugi way more obnoxious with their power of friendship out of nowhere. Afin and Matoi's character is a great improvement in here and being more relevant than whatever the game tried.
    test

I'm glad Matoi gets to do stuff sooner too. I've always felt she was a character that gave people a bad first impression because of how little she actually does at the start of the game's story.

EDIT: Also on the topic of all the deaths, I honestly prefer it this way because the game did a lot more telling and not enough showing when it came to how serious some of the stuff was. There was all the background fluff of secret assassinations and how dangerous darkers actually are. It's always been there, you just barely ever got to see it outside of that one guy who died at the beginning. I feel like this actually adds more weight to it. That said, I do feel like we're jumping into "The ARKS are suspicious" territory a bit too fast, but it is only a 24 or 25 episode anime.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 15, 2019 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    That said, I do feel like we're jumping into "The ARKS are suspicious" territory a bit too fast, but it is only a 24 or 25 episode anime.
    Seems like the next episode is already gonna mention Dark Falz (most likely it's gonna mention the battle against Elder from 40 years before the story?), based on the description in the preview page:
    アークスと『ダークファルス』の戦いについて知ることになるが……
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

i dont think johana wasnt getting infected by darkers , what happen was Elder was triying to posses her .

just remember the theory about how the host needs to have common things in the personality to able the possesion

i hope in next chapter we see the aquatic darkers