Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Skilled Fighter DeathDragon2332's Avatar

Yeah I am hoping for PSU2 in the future as well ^_^
    IAN-Lvl 180 Male Beast Gunmaster (360)
    D3ath D3aler Lvl 180 Male Cast Acrofighter (360)
    KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Newman MasterForce (360)

KanameChidori lvl 180 Female Cast AF20 FM20 FF20 PT20 (JP)
    LaLa lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT (JP)

Count me in

I loved psu far more than PSO. Doesnt mean I wont play pso2, but i liked having beasts around...

I just wish we had a mature version of phantasy star. Not the entire super serious backdrop that translates to crappy coming of age stories.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Still need to cap my last 2 classes (Fortetecher and Masterforce) and finish GASing my main class Fighgunner. I also want to run a mission world tour on the highest difficulty for each one and record the entire thing before it's all over. Getting a party together for it all may be a bit tough though considering how bad the player base has dwindled. I'd like to get my usual group together but that's probably not likely to be happening. Not to mention my work schedule keeps me booked on the weekends limiting my play time to only Monday - Wednesday.

I really want to feel like I've done everything possible in this game before it's finally over. Something that I rarely get a chance to do. I failed to do so on the local PC servers, I really don't want to miss out on that opportunity again.

I'm really gonna miss walking around the various scenic lobbies the most though, which is something PSO2 is lacking. Sure you can stand around in a field mission, but then you have to worry about being attacked by random enemy spawns or the sudden bolt of lightning if it rains. There's no midpoint safe zone to just stop and chill out at. Holy Light Festival and Fireworks on Neudaiz, Halloween, Native Creature Festival, and Christmas on Moatoob, Falz Memorial, Paracabana Coast, Foran Waterfall, Kugo Hot Springs, Agata Islands, Habirao Forbidden Village District, Vio Tonga, and even the Raffon Lakeshore were some of the most memorable places. I'm legitimately going to miss walking around the various hub cities, especially Neudaiz. PSO2's main lobbies seem way too small and compact, which isn't a bad thing per se considering it eliminates the whole problem PSU had of every area being pretty much devoid of players because everyone was somewhere different, but it definitely lacks the variety it had. It's kind of a shame considering how much I enjoy PSO2's gameplay, but the aesthetics between the two games are completely different.
    Last edited by ZER0 DX; Aug 15, 2012 at 01:40 AM.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    Half as good? My dear friend, it is better.
    this for sure...as much as I enjoyed PSU I think its time to move on and play PSO2 I just miss how the pas leveled in PSU(sort of)

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Never got to play PSU much online on either servers but I was good fun when I did. Though I don't see a PSU2 happen, I think they should let the PSU series die out with Infinity. PSO2 is kinda mixed best parts of PSU into PSO as far I can see so its not truely gone.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZER0 DX View Post
    Still need to cap my last 2 classes (Fortetecher and Masterforce) and finish GASing my main class Fighgunner. I also want to run a mission world tour on the highest difficulty for each one and record the entire thing before it's all over. Getting a party together for it all may be a bit tough though considering how bad the player base has dwindled. I'd like to get my usual group together but that's probably not likely to be happening. Not to mention my work schedule keeps me booked on the weekends limiting my play time to only Monday - Wednesday.

I really want to feel like I've done everything possible in this game before it's finally over. Something that I rarely get a chance to do. I failed to do so on the local PC servers, I really don't want to miss out on that opportunity again.

I'm really gonna miss walking around the various scenic lobbies the most though, which is something PSO2 is lacking. Sure you can stand around in a field mission, but then you have to worry about being attacked by random enemy spawns or the sudden bolt of lightning if it rains. There's no midpoint safe zone to just stop and chill out at. Holy Light Festival and Fireworks on Neudaiz, Halloween, Native Creature Festival, and Christmas on Moatoob, Falz Memorial, Paracabana Coast, Foran Waterfall, Kugo Hot Springs, Agata Islands, Habirao Forbidden Village District, Vio Tonga, and even the Raffon Lakeshore were some of the most memorable places. I'm legitimately going to miss walking around the various hub cities, especially Neudaiz. PSO2's main lobbies seem way too small and compact, which isn't a bad thing per se considering it eliminates the whole problem PSU had of every area being pretty much devoid of players because everyone was somewhere different, but it definitely lacks the variety it had. It's kind of a shame considering how much I enjoy PSO2's gameplay, but the aesthetics between the two games are completely different.
    I'll join your mission tour. O:
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    I'll join your mission tour. O:
    ill join too if have anything left by then

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Expected it to happen, but not so soon... I expected a few more months or year before it happened.

Kind of shocking...
    I agree. I figured sooner or later PSU JP had to end as well. I thought it would last another year but apparently Sega has other plans. Maybe totally focus all their resources on PSO 2?

Anyway I had fun and met some good friends though the game. Time to save the universe with other titles.

R.I.P PSU.
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.

Given that JP PSU is in its final month I'm going to try and pop-in here and there.

Hopefully we can have little events to get people together one last time.

It would be nice if PSO2 came to PS3 so that it was at least more accessible to more people. I would be super stoked if that happened. Otherwise, that VITA...
    Cheating is just an admission of personal inadequacy.

That was some interesting piece of news for me. I had to forcefully leave the game (jp) due to work and travel 2 years ago and I couldn't get back when I tried to, but the feeling that I had to go back never went away. In the end I decided to try again in early 2012 and... PSO2 came.

I thought I wouldn't feel much if such a thing happened as I had been away for so long that it seemed to be something lost in the distant past. It is not the first online game I've had to witness closing down nor will it be the last, but in the end I decided to log in the game again as my farewell to it.

I didn't need even a single minute to start getting the feeling you lost something that was more important to you than you had taken notice of. A look at my player card list was the toughest moment, it made me remember all the good times I spent with them. Some more, some less, some... I can't remember but the ones I do all make me recall great memories.

PSU jp was a game where I didn't have anyone annoying to blacklist, a game where I met a lot of helpful people who got me prepared in a server which I couldn't understand everything and in a game I was still relatively new in the US server. With some tips I got better and managed to learn enough to play with Japanese players and progress and help in the way I could with some databases.

PSU isn't a brilliant game in terms of gameplay in my opinion. It is good but far from being perfect, but what made it special to me were the players, thank you all for the good time and I hope to see you again in PSO2 someday.
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙