Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Online 2: Character Stories

This was just something I was interested in doing and seeing from others. With this new release of Phantasy Star, does your character have a story to tell? Are they new, re-occurring, young, old, etc.? What is their place within this universe...

As for the characters I developed, I have made a story for them before and this one will pay homage to their new chapter into PSO2. Now I shall introduce to you all - Exodus:

SIDENOTE: If you want to quote - Only copy the title of the individuals prologue/introduction/story - it would very efficient/user friendly and prevent posting the whole story again. Pulling quotes for the story itself however is fine...

EDIT: This is purely based off what you believe/feel may come... this is just a medium to show your character's introduction - after reading some things... users on here have some pretty sound explanations but like with what most said, have to wait till the full story unfolds. For now everything would be ambiguous and based off of the individuals thought - which the whole point of this is to see that.

If you want to see how my Characters are related to one another... their tree can be found HERE

================================================== =================

Somewhere, in the middle of a field surrounded by fire – the inclination of the ‘dark force’ was defeated but, at the price of victory cost the life of another who had been pursuing the inclination for as long as he had lived...

- CHAPTER 0-
    Begining of the End is a Begining

The individual falls backside onto the ground, breathing heavily with his arms spread out, the odachi escaped his hand but, he knew he wouldn’t need it anymore for he felt his time was to an end.

“Ah... haaa-... wow... was that the... billionth time we crossed paths...” he laughs at the made up number, “... no matter, no matter how many faces you hide behind... it was my duty to pursue and defeat you at all costs...”

The individual looks up at the night sky, the moon beam down on him while the fires begin to cool and dim down.

“Funny... an infinite being... have yet to learn... its lesson... I guess persistance sure does beat... resistance...” he laughs again but, the laughter was followed by a hacking cough.

“Okay... maybe... I should stop talking...” he paused, “... bah, it doesn’t matter... I already know... To think all this... started as being a mediocure hunter... how the times... have changed...”

Before him, his vision was becoming blurred as a person who stayed up for days without rest; with it, he breathed his final words.

“I... leave this world with no... regrets. I did what I was needed to do... my service is complete though... I do hope this generation is ready... only if I can come back one... more... time...”

After the statement he slowly closed his eyes...

“I ...hope you... have... better luck... than me... part... ner...”

The individual finally passes...

================================================

‘Cy—pher...’ a voice calls out

Waking from the dream, the individual rises from the ground patting himself, then notices that he was not the body he became but, the body he originally was. Looking around, his surrounding told of a world unknown but, most importantly he was called by his formal name – “Cypher”.

‘Cypher...’ the voice calls out again

Cypher looks up into the nothingness, “Yes?”

‘How is thou...?’ the voice asked

He rubbed his head, “Uhm... fine I guess... at peace for the most part...”

‘Stand... I have a question to ask of thee...’ the voice requested

“Okay...” Cypher adjusts into an erect position, “... I’m here... but, I am curious... are you...?”

‘Yes... I am...’ the voice said

“Oh... well it is nice to finally meet you...” Cypher bowed, “... I can’t really say the same for... your counterpart’s spawn...”

‘I know of thy concern... thus why I must ask thee...' the voice said

“Well... I am ready for what you have to say...” Cypher replied

There was a mild silence between Cypher and the omnipresence, then the voice came.

‘Is thou ready... to go back...?’ the voice asked

Cypher widened his eyes, “...Wha-... what do you mean?”

The voice made a vibration that sounded like laughter – Cypher couldn’t help but to be perplexed by this for his question was going to be answered.

‘I have heard thy plea... thy will...’ the voice said

“Wait... what ple-... oh...” Cypher reminded, “...but, do you really think I am... deserving of a second chance... I did live a... long... telling life...”

The mild pause returned, then the voice spoke again.

‘Driven through insanity, sorrow, pain, regret, friendship,... love... the road of hardships during thou’s years... thy service to the light have been proven... thy truth realized...’ the voice said

“Well... when you put it that way...” Cypher looked to the side

The voice spoke again, ‘Do thou understand why thou has been... persistant.. constant in thy way?’

“I... have my thoughts... but, I feel you are going to reveal that to me?” Cypher quizzed

‘Yes, just as thee has inclinations, I have the same...' the voice claimed

“I see...” Cypher said

While Cypher was in thought, the voice spoke again.

‘The question remains... is thou ready... to go back...?’ the voice asked

Without hesitation, “Yes... I am ready to go back...” Cypher answered

During the moment, Cypher felt that the omnipresence was pleased, he too was and is honored to serve under the banner once again. From there a light glowed in the middle of his chest, this light was grown bigger and bigger – the ether around him began to swirl, Cypher was looking around in his amazement.

‘Before thou return... I shall bless thee with thy birth vessel... with thy birth name... thou’s name...’ the voice said, ‘...a rebirth... upon thy plane of thou’s passing...’

Cypher looked up, as the actions was happening around him and the voice spoke again...

‘Exodus... thou has transended many planes... and shall continue to do so... to maintain thy balance... thy order of thy fair universe... ‘

Within the experience, Exodus shed a tear for he was reminded of his original name, reminded of its meaning for it rang true within him.

“Thank you... thank you so much... for giving me this opportunity... I will not fail...” Exodus said

The voice laughed, ‘Thou has not failed... no... thou should be proud as I... Continue thy journey... continue being thy Guardian of Light... my son...!’

The words rang through Exodus as his renewed sense of duty returned and the voice continued.

‘May thou’s light bring hope into others... to fight against the darkness has yet to consume... find your other brothers and sisters... I will be watching... over... you... all...’

================================================

As the voice completed its statement, Exodus was blinded by light, feeling his person descend from the plane he was. Exodus felt himself settled upon land, the light before him began to fade, showing a familiar display before him. Exodus looked down at himself as the light have yet to go as it manifested a veil upon his body; it too dimmed as it completed its process.

“Cool... she was kind enough to give me new clothes...” Exodus admiring himself

Exodus snapped out of his own little world and looked before him, he started to walk toward where he had last stood against the dark inclination. From it, Exodus looks down at his formal self.

“Yikes... never realized how beat up I was...” Exodus said, “...geez how much time passed from then?”

From there, Exodus felt a presence that remained within the relic he looked upon, an immediate thought occured to him.

“I see... it looks like you are not ready to give up as well...” Exodus said, “...is this why you sent me back here?”

With the open question, the wind blew past Exodus, he lent a smirk with the riddle in his mind.

Out of it, he kneeled down and hoisted his formal body on his shoulders – then he reached for Tsukodoku (ツ孤独) that left his hands prior; putting it back into its sheath. As Exodus rose from the ground, he jest at the weight of the body.

“By the light... I should of laid off the monomates...” Exodus turned and started to walk, “... but, you still have a purpose... and just like me... you too will be... reborn...”

He continued to walk the path, to start the new journey that was given to him. Exodus sort of wished he was granted a psychic ability or something so he can predict how this would play out but, like with most things, he is kept in suspense. It didn’t matter to him much for everything he is going to do is under the guidance of the light...

...The time passes on...

-END CHAPTER 0-
    Begining of the End is a Begining

I hope for those you enjoyed this introduction of Exodus - I will add my other character introductions within the same posting so be on the look out. I also look forward to everyone else's story-line...

Forgive me if I have any errors within the text... and the made up sword name, I was just combining words... LoL
    Also much ambiguity would be - for now I am just making introductions till further development.

UP NEXT: [Geist and Kira introduction] [Ruu and Naomi introduction] [Cipher introduction] ["Flow's" introduction]

SIDENOTE: If you want to quote - Only copy the title of the individuals prologue/introduction/story - it would very efficient/user friendly and prevent posting the whole story again. Pulling quotes for the story itself however is fine...

EDIT: This is purely based off what you believe/feel may come... this is just a medium to show your character's introduction - after reading some things... users on here have some pretty sound explanations but like with what most said, have to wait till the full story unfolds. For now everything would be ambiguous and based off of the individuals thought - which the whole point of this is to see that.
    Last edited by Cypher_9; Aug 30, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Cool. I haven't gotten that far yet. I know I normally come up with this stuff in Character creation, but I haven't really come up with anything too solid yet.

My PSU characters had tons of backstory, which I wrote here and on SEGA's site. PSO2 hasn't quite gripped me yet and I think a bit part of why is because I don't know anything about the story that is in PSO2. You see, when I created the Six Square Circus, that was after I was fully aware of the general PSU scenario by the start. I worked in a plausible side-story that fit into the universe like a glove. Even predicted a technology or two which later got used for in-game weapons and content.

Heck, I didn't even plan on the overall character of my PSZ character until after I knew the score with the PSZ story scenario.

I think I plan to do the same with PSO2. I want to know what I'm getting into and then write the story once I know what the score is.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Cool. I haven't gotten that far yet. I know I normally come up with this stuff in Character creation, but I haven't really come up with anything too solid yet.

My PSU characters had tons of backstory, which I wrote here and on SEGA's site. PSO2 hasn't quite gripped me yet and I think a bit part of why is because I don't know anything about the story that is in PSO2. You see, when I created the Six Square Circus, that was after I was fully aware of the general PSU scenario by the start. I worked in a plausible side-story that fit into the universe like a glove. Even predicted a technology or two which later got used for in-game weapons and content.

Heck, I didn't even plan on the overall character of my PSZ character until after I knew the score with the PSZ story scenario.

I think I plan to do the same with PSO2. I want to know what I'm getting into and then write the story once I know what the score is.
    Thats cool, I totally look forward to what you cook up. As for this, I guess I am just following the prime concept I understood from PS. Most other things would be assumption and I too look forward to the unraveling of the PSO2 story. Other than that, from what I seen on the game so far visually and the constant barraiding of "ARKZ" and the user "Kion" story translate thread has helped with the others placement (somewhat). Much ambiguity for these...
    Last edited by Cypher_9; May 4, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Might as well try something for lulz. It's probably gonna suck, but whatever.

-----

Mazarin's Super Amazingly Maximum Story of Arksness™

CHAPTER -1: A Grand Origin

============================

In a room full of incubators holding and nourishing developing Newman fetuses, two unnamed workers at the lab were discussing a particular fetus out of the numerous growing specimens in the laboratory. One seemed to be a middle-aged, high-ranking scientist while the other was apparently his younger assistant.

"This one here is a unique specimen. I was granted some creative liberties for him" The older man said.

"You can really do that?" said the younger one in a snarky tone.

"Yes I can, my boy."

The assistant desperately wanted to chew out his superior for his trifling attitude toward creating a new sentient being, but he could not. But he did feel curious about the historical figure that such a strange embryo could be based on. "So... what did you have in mind?"

"This one was inspired by an obscure story about a rather... eccentric warrior in the mysterious Gurhal system. He was said to have naturally pink hair and that his body never aged a day past his early teens."

"Strange. What did he do to become so legendary?"

At this point, the older man's knowledge of the tale became clouded. "They say he was a strong Hunter or Agrofighter or something like that, probably some exotic form of combat that we don't know of."

The assistant grew more skeptical of his superior's reasoning. "Did he do anything to stand out from all of those other strong fighters?"

Finding an excuse was surprisingly hard for the older man. "Um... He was that despite looking harmless? That or he was the only pink-haired boy in the universe."

By that point, the assistant was fully unconvinced that this idea should have come to fruition. "Really? That's all? Doesn't sound very legendary to me. Why make a replica of a person who has little to no meaning to you?"

"Don't you question me, boy! I'm in charge here."

"I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to make a Newman based on some idiotic legend that you aren't even sufficiently educated on."

Alas, the assistant's attempt at reason fell on deaf ears as his superior responded: "If I wanted your input, I would have asked for it!"

"I was thinking you haven't been yourself since that incident last month. My suspicions have been confirmed." With that last comment, the assistant walked away.

The assistant's superior tried to stop him, but failed miserably with his response. "Enough, boy! Get back here or I'll have them cut your pay! Again! My ship sails in the morning! These are the faces of evil! And nothing scares evil more than pink! All of our top researchers know that! Well, little girls with large breasts scare them too, but that's beside the point!"
    Last edited by Mega Ultra Chicken; May 4, 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Ultra Chicken View Post
    Might as well try something for lulz. It's probably gonna suck, but whatever.

Mazarin's Super Amazingly Maximum Story of Arksness™

CHAPTER -1: A Grand Origin
    Bravo! This is a very neat read... I liked the scientists frustration when the assistant was asking questions... "BAH HUM BUG" was the elder scientist... but, alas this is a mystery indeed...

AN: I finally got around to it... now I introduce another one of my characters into the fold - this turned out longer than the first and it still feel a bit 'incomplete' so I wouldn't fault ya if you feel such. But overall, the idea is down for your eyes to see this prologue unfold for one of my heroes!

ENJOY

Within the ARKS vessel in a well disclosed room, Exodus was making a final check with a project. After the adjustment he had taken a step back; looking down at the subject on the table. Placing a hand on the chin he rubbed it; pondering to himself.

“Well, so far so good… now for the finishing tou-…”

-CHAPTER 1-
    Awakening of the Cipher

There was a beeping noise that interrupted Exodus’ thoughts; he turned back and walked toward the door – pressing a combination on the pad.

-psssst-

When the door opened, standing before him was a lithe woman with white neck-length hair; a part hanging off one ear. Highly tinted brown eyes appearing as if they were orange; completed with oval bifocals hugging her nose and ears; wearing a black one-piece dress suit draped with a white over-coat, completed with heels. Her olive face expression showed that of a surprise, not expecting Exodus to answer so soon.

“Oh… hello Exodus…” the woman said

“Hello Shidow-san… please, come in…”

Exodus held his arm out into the room to welcome her in; Shidow Risa, one of the scientist of the ARKS colony R&D sector. The sector in itself amassed technologies dealing with photon energy – such as photon crystallization to better inventory ARK infantry on the field.

Shidow made her way in; giving a smile in return for Exodus’ courteous nature. He closed the door behind her; rekeying the pin.

“Please… call me Risa…” she said

“Oh… the formal greeting is too much?” Exodus jest

Risa blushed, “N-no… nothing like that, it just reminds me of work…” she paused, “… besides… we knew each other for a good while anyway… and to be fair with you of course.”

Exodus lent a smile, “Sure… okay then, Risa it is…”

Risa returned the same, she then turned toward the table; looking at the subject lying upon it.

“So… this is…” looking back at Exodus

“Yes… the big secret I was telling you about…” he said

Risa turned back, examining the subject up and down with a careful eye; during the moment Exodus spoke.

“I hope everything looks okay… I did this without a guide…”

His comment made her chuckle a bit and he continued.

“Anyway, she is made differently from other current CASTs… the parts I had were the only ones I can use… Anything else wouldn’t have been able to suit her…”

“Fascinating…” Risa said, “… Absolutely… fascinating…”

As Exodus observed; he seen the eager mind of Risa study the monitors behind her, she then looked back at the CAST.

“These photon readings… are within levels that is dangerous for a CAST yet… she remains stabilized.” Risa examined more, “This shell… well I don’t know if I should even call it that… I cannot even fathom the fact of it being possible… though it was the talk amongst the board.”

She then turned toward Exodus.

“Exodus how did you…?”

Exodus scratched the back of his head, “Ah… well it’s sort of hard to explain…”

“Oh…” Risa had seen the expression, “… I apologize… I don’t mean to pry…”

“It’s okay… you’re a smart woman and will figure it out anyway… wouldn’t want to ruin that for you…” Exodus said

“I see… well it is enough that you brought me here to see this… for that I am grateful…” Risa said

“Eh, it’s no problem; besides I feel that you out of the many are the only one I can trust this way…”

From his statement, Risa turned red being a part of this privilege; as for Exodus he was ready to execute the last step of this process.

“So… I’d say it’s about time to wake her up…”

Out of the statement he walked back toward the subject on the bed; once Exodus was over her, he placed a hand over her bosom. Risa was curious to know why he was doing this knowing good and well with her knowledge about CASTs; this wasn’t a way to activate them for the first time.

“Brace yourself…” Exodus said

He closed his eyes started to utter a few silent words, then his voice grew in volume as he spoke; a glow rose from under his hand and began to grow in size. Being a Newman herself, Risa figured Exodus was preforming a TECHNIC spell; question was what type for it was something she never heard nor seen before, even his stance was unique.

“Awakening a CAST with a TECHNIC… Exdous… what are you doing!?” trying to talk over the sound

Exodus continued as the winds began to pick up within the boxed space they were in; Risa grabbed onto something still seeing the surreal sight before her eyes. With the final verse, Exodus uttered the words…

“GYAKUTEN!”

Exodus immediately forced his hand dead center on the caseal’s bosom; the elements coming from the light as well as its glow quickly diminished the moment it was put into her. Instantly the caseal opened their eyes as they taken a gasp of air; this sight was perplexing for Risa to see as she had a knee on the ground.

“She… breathes?!”

The caseal instantly rose from the table; now sitting up, still panting as one would if they woke from a nightmare. Exodus gave no expression and continued to stare at the caseal from the side; allowing her to take in the first breath of life. Risa however was being overwhelmed upon the experience happening before her.

“E-Exodus… are… are you going to do something?!” she questioned

The statement was heard and Exodus seen that the caseal’s breathing hadn’t slowed; he addressed his concern.

“It’s okay… you can relax…”

When Exodus tried to reach over to the caseal, she instantly looked at him and grabbed his arm.

“What?!” he breathed

The caseal pulled him toward her, then used her other hand to strike his chest; Exodus was pushed through the wall.

*GUAK*

Exodus flew out of the room as a hole was left behind him; tumbling a few times on the ground. Risa panicked at the sight of Exodus being hit to such a degree.

“EXODUS!!”

The caseal on the other hand was walking out; then she grasped her head as it made her body tremble.

“Fire… fire… stop… make… stop…” the caseal uttered

Exodus instantly realized what she was talking about; picking himself off the ground, he started to console her.

“It’s okay… it’s over… the dream is over…! I am not the enemy!” he said

The caseal’s attention was grabbed again; leering at Exodus hard, she held her hand out and called out the name.

“Tsu… ko… doku…”

Shocked to what was going to happen; Exodus fixed himself quickly and rushed at the caseal. Before anything could manifest fully; Exodus managed to get behind her, the caseal tried to react but, it wasn’t quick enough for Exodus.

Now in a hold the caseal tried to get out but, her struggle was in vain; Exodus kept on her as tightly as he can and once the caseal knew she couldn’t get out she cried.

“FIRE.. STOP… MAKE… FIRE STOP…” the caseal yelped

The same words voiced again from her lips; Exodus ready now to lay his verse.

“Listen! Listen to me!! I am not letting go until you calm down… the fire is gone… it is over… you don’t have to worry anymore…” he said

The caseal still struggled but, Exodus still held on; within the moment, he felt her restraint waning and he continued with a softer tone.

“Yes… listen… nobody is here to hurt you… I am not going to hurt you… It is gone, the fire is no more… it was just a dream…”

After those words; Exodus felt the calm looming over her. Content with the progression he let her go; Risa on the other hand still let out a voice of concern.

“Exodus, are you alright?!” she gasped

Exodus looked back at Risa, “Yes…” he then looked back at the caseal who was just standing there; staring out into space, “Risa-san… can we borrow your quarters for the time being…?”

“Huh?” Risa surprised

Exodus smirked to himself, “I know this area is desolate but, something like this would still draw attention… so we have to get going.”

“Okay… here… follow me, I know this colony ship like the back of my own hand…” Risa said

“Lead the way…” Exodus said

Soon as the statement was made; the sooner Risa got up and taken charge of the escapade. Without hesitation, Exodus lifted the caseal into his arms. This startled her a bit and when she looked back at Exodus, she seen a smile on his face. The reassuring look calmed the caseal; cradling her arm close as she felt safe with this man.

During the espionage, Risa was checking all sides for Exodus as they traveled through the corridors. There was one run in with an ARKS official who was sent down the path; Risa was doing a notable job negotiating with the officer but, like most things it was extended by the other party; upon which Risa was running out of things to say. Then the official was called to do something else which ended the conversation.

A moment later…

The trio finally made it to Risa’s quarters; before she even open the door, a comment parted her lips.

“You know… I never really had anyone over… forgive me if it looks… terrible…” Risa looked to the side

“Bah, don’t worry about it… I bet its five times better than the places I been in…” Exodus sighed

From there, Risa slid her card and punched in several numbers; the door instantly opened – its light escaped into the hall. The caseal hid her face, burying it into Exodus; he looked down at the child’s action and couldn’t help but to give a warm affectionate expression. Exodus continued forward into the room.

Coming out of the dark hall, the light welcomed Exodus in with a visual that was spectacular beyond a belief; the perception of what was told contradicted such. As the door closed behind him, Exodus was staring in awe of the home belonging to Risa.

“This is what you call terrible?!” he exclaimed, “… if I didn’t know any better, I’d say you are one of those interior designers from the visi-screen…”

“Really?” Risa tilted her head

“Yeah… this is a perfect place to call home… Though again, I am not too impartial on where I sleep…” Exodus said

“Wait… are you saying you never or was ever issued a quarters as an ARKS?” Risa asked

“Yes and no… I just wanted to be a freelance worker; I didn’t register the first time I got here but, I did aid ARKS infantry back then. I was given a commission despite such but, the payment I couldn’t keep up with… especially for what I did thereafter… you know equipment and such…”

Risa giggled, “I see…” she then twidled her thumbs, “… well you can stay here… for as long as you like…”

Exodus nodded his head, “Thank you for your kindness… I’ll be sure to keep it in its top condition…”

Risa smiled, and then a thought came into mind.

“Here… let me put on some tea for us… I’ll be right back…” she said
    “Sounds good…” Exodus said

He then walked over to the couch to place the caseal down from his arms. After that, the caseal immediately curled up as she brought her legs close. Exodus have taken the seat before her and plopped on it; as he settled down, Exodus looked over at the caseal. He already felt her having those thoughts again but, is glad that she is more composed than earlier.

“You are doing a good job… you know that?” Exodus spoke

The caseal just clenched tighter; he leaned forward to have more of a direct connection.

“You are safe with me okay?” Exodus said

The caseal then looked up at him with her purple irises and black sclera eyes. The emotion on her face was blank and can easily be read as the best poker face Exodus ever seen. Knowing this was to be expected since she is new to this world. Risa returned from the kitchen, seeing the display of Exodus and his caseal looking into one another; she raised the question.

“So… Exodus… did you name her yet?” Risa asked

Exodus nodded, “Yeah… I did…”

Before Exodus could say anything else; the caseal voiced a new word.

“Ex… o… dus…” the caseal in a low tone

This grabbed the attention of the two; Exodus readily taken the conversation yet to begin.

“Yes… my name is Exodus…” he said

“My… name is Exodus…” the caseal repeated

“Yes… I mean no… MY name is Exodus…” then he pointed to her, “YOUR name is… Cipher…”

“Ci… pher…” she paused,” …my name… is Cipher…”

Exodus celebrated, “Yes! Your name is Cipher… I am Exodus…” he then pointed, “… and this is Risa…”

Cipher looked up at Risa, “Ri-sa…”

“Yes that’s right…” Risa nodded

Cipher then looked back at Exodus, “You are Exodus…” she pointed

He nodded, “Yes that’s correct…”

Then Cipher pointed at herself, “I am Cipher…”

Both Risa and Exodus agreed with her thought, “Yes…”

During the moment, Risa was surprised to see this development happen before her.

“This is amazing… I never seen such CAST learn like this; commonly they are already uploaded with data but, this one… is learning things…” Risa turned to Exodus, “… but, I must ask… about what happened earlier…”

Exodus lowered his head, “It’s nothing… don’t concern yourself with it… I wouldn’t want it to be a burden…”

“Oh… I am sorry…” Risa embarrassed

“It’s okay; I know you would be curious… which would lead me to ask this…” Exodus said

Risa gave a fine ear to hear what Exodus had to say.

“Can you take care of Cipher during the times I am away…?”

“W-what? Are you sure?” Risa said

Within the moment, Cipher picked up the glass apple ornament that was on the coffee table. The two looked at her; seeing what Cipher might do, out of it Exodus then gave his answer.

“Yes… you are much more suited for her education… As you already see, Cipher is learning every second; an infant but not an infant… her mind will develop very quickly I assure you. I know this is something you are eager to see… other than that I hope this wouldn’t disrupt your work schedule?”

Risa shook her head, “No… not at all… I have flexible time so I’ll be more than happy to do this for you… but, what about you and your tutelage to her…?”

He lowered his eyes, “When the time comes… I’ll take her under my wing… right now she needs you more than ever…” Exodus said

After the statement; they have seen Cipher looking into the glass, examining as she held it with her hands. Then Cipher placed the glass apple back down; when she looked back up, Cipher seen both Exodus and Risa looking at her. Immediately Cipher hid her face, the two had taken notice at her first emotion.

“Awww, that is so cute…” Risa said, “… she is… shy.”

Exodus got up from his seat; stepping over the coffee table with ease and taken a seat by his daughter. The moment he did, Cipher’s body turn toward his and buried herself into him. He wrapped his arm around her back; signifying his protection over Cipher. Cipher looked up at Exodus and seen the smile he posed with earlier; in return, Cipher moved her lips upward – doing the same. The action made Exodus excited.

“Well would you look at that… she is smiling…” he said

Risa’s attention was grabbed and as she tried to gain a better look – Cipher hid her face again. Out of the action; both Exodus and Risa laughed out of joy upon this child’s new beginning.

Sometime later on the planet Naberious… upon a remote clearing….

*PING-PONG-PLONK*

The sounds of metal clashing with one another as these blurs collide with one another as they danced on the ground and some in mid-air. Now one of the blurs started to retreat while one advanced; voicing their words upon the heat of combat.

“You are never going to get me if you are that slow…” Exodus said

“Hmph..” Cipher sounded as she pursued, “I’m not done yet!”

Cipher’s advances became much sharper as she swung her blade more and more. Exodus seen this and was proud of the immediate reaction taking place and deflected each blow. Coming toward a giant tree, Exodus looked back to see how far; Cipher seen this as an opportunity to perform a unique technique.

“Now!” she voiced

Cipher followed her movement with a leap into the air; gaining much height from the velocity, Exodus looked up to see what she is planning. Now looking down, Cipher has the upper hand and charged her blade as she collected free photons in the air. Entering the second stage instantly, she began to twirl in a horizontal motion; becoming faster and faster.

“SPECIAL ART: NOVA STRIKE!!”

Cipher now started to spin horizontally as she came downward to Exodus like a tornado on its path; Exodus felt the power it generated as it started to churn the winds around him. Coming down as such a pace Exodus prepared himself to counterattack; once Cipher came into proximity, he executed his own.

“SPECIAL ART: STUN SOINDO!!”

*BUUAAAAWWWFFF* the two swords made their clash as it rivaled each other in power; creating a shockwave emanating from their center. With the sparks flying, the two’s might were equally matched and Exodus knew this stalemate wasn’t going to go anywhere.

“HUUUAAAAAAH!”

Out of the cry Exodus added more force behind his technique; a burst of energy spilled from his blade as it ultimately pushed Cipher away.

*ACK… Uoof… AARGGH* Cipher tumbled on the ground
    Astonished at Exodus’ might, she couldn’t help but to think if she was capable of such; then a shadow came over her. As Cipher looked up, she seen a hand reached out toward her; Exodus himself voiced his words.

“I must say, you have guts but, still lack the passion…” he said

Grasping his hand, Cipher was helped up to her feet; sadness shadowed her face.
    “I’m sorry Sensei… I failed…” she said

Exodus felt the melancholy and tried to make the situation lighter.

“Nonsense, don’t’ be hard on yourself… I must say, I didn’t expect you to use the gravity as your aid behind your attack… very clever I say.” He said

“Sensei…” Cipher’s eyes glimmered, “… I’ll be sure to do my best next time!”

Exodus smiled, “Aye that’s the spirit… once you keep that up; there is nothing that can stand before you…”

He then taken Cipher close, “Comon, we got a lunch waiting for us…” giving her a noogie

Cipher giggled, walking along with her sensei; suddenly a gust of air rushed against the two. Exodus looked up; seeing a drop-ship hovering above as it was going to make its landing. Once the drop-ship finally made touchdown onto the ground; as things were settled down, the hatch doors opened up, revealing a welcomed face.

“Risa-okaa!”

Cipher ran toward her while Risa opened her arms to welcome Cipher into the embrace.

“Oh Ci-chan, it is good to see you again…” Risa said

“I missed you very much…” Cipher said

“I know… I missed you too…”

As the two let go, Risa looked at Cipher, “My my… look at how you have grown… I see that you and Exodus are still training…”

Cipher nodded, “Yes… but, I wasn’t able to overpower sensei…” she frowned a bit

Risa smiled, “Don’t worry, you will get him yet… you are a tough little cookie! The important thing is to not give up…”

“Yes!” Cipher cheered

After the statement, there was another figure coming from the ship; this caught the attention of Cipher and Exodus. As the figure was emerging, he was wearing a yellow, black, and white robe set; with rectangle bifocals on his face and a ponytail tied on the back of his head.

“Oh hello sunshine, how I miss thee…” the man said

Suddenly, Cipher got into a ready stance holding her Zanba behind; both Exodus and Risa seen the action but, Risa was the only one audible.

“Cipher… what are you doing?” she said

“…” Cipher stood quiet

“Oh?” the man taken noticed, “And what is this going on…? It seems like your bodyguard wants to hurt me Exodus...” he jest calling out to him

Exodus didn't say anything and the man felt he was waiting for something so he looked back at Cipher; wanting to test the tension behind this action. So he then taken a step forward; immediately Cipher reacted; the man seen how fast this CAST was, found it rather impressive too and just when Cipher was going to make contact.

“CIPHER STOP NOW…!!” Exodus barked

From that Cipher taken heed to her sensei’s words and stopped her movement; Cipher is now an inch away from the individual. The man gave a smirk as he did not move an inch as if he was not threatened by the attempt. After hearing the name, he started to ponder and rubbed his chin.

“’Cipher’ eh? What a unique name… yes…” the man looking at her

Cipher seen his gaze and instantly jumped back toward Exodus; going behind him now observing. From there Exodus sighed and finally parted his lips to speak; knowing full and well who the man is.

“Ruu… what do you want… you usually don’t come to me unless it’s something important…”

“What?! How could you Exodus… and here I thought we was friends… can’t friends hang out?!” Ruu pouted

“That is not…” Exodus sighed again, “…never-mind, come on and join us then brother…”

As everyone settled down, Cipher kept close to Risa for she didn’t know who Ruu is whom of which sat by Exodus. When the food was being placed, Exodus and Ruu excused themselves from the cloth; now standing by the big tree to have their private conversation.

“Okay… you came down here for a reason; like the many you had before… What is the wisdom that you impart with?” Exodus asked

Ruu cleared his throat, “Ehem, straight to the point I see... well this news… it's about… “

-END CHAPTER 1-
    Awakening of the Cipher

Another relase of my chapter... prologue of 'Cipher'. I hope you enjoy it... forgive any gramatical errors

I haven't put pen to pad yet but I plan to once I have time. I'll be reading these later when I'm done with work .... so consider this a placeholder. I typed up a character profile here, let me know if you're interested in hearing her story.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    I haven't put pen to pad yet but I plan to once I have time. I'll be reading these later when I'm done with work .... so consider this a placeholder. I typed up a character profile here, let me know if you're interested in hearing her story.
    Wow... you have a very intriguing character! No doubt I like what you have written about them and added a rather interesting perceptive; aside from her healthy libido... I do look forward to the development of this story!

And thank you for taking the interest in this! Forgive my grammar and typo issues ><

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher_9 View Post
    Wow... you have a very intriguing character! No doubt I like what you have written about them and added a rather interesting perceptive; aside from her healthy libido... I do look forward to the development of this story!
    Don't worry, the libido won't have any relevance in the story. It's just something I consider when creating a character for any medium (along with religious views) just so I know where the character stands if it does come up.

But thanks I'll find some time to write up a piece properly.

[EDIT #1] Read Cypher's/Exodus' introduction, ignoring grammatical errors as requested. He seems to be a very lawful paladin type so far, which makes me wonder how pure the "voice" is. Also curious as to where he was in his last life, as the Phantasy Star, erm, universe has a lot of different eras/realms to pick from.

[EDIT #2] Mega Ultra Chicken: other than the fact that the scientific advancement in your story may clash with mine, I liked the light-hearted approach. Since you're going with a "I can't be arsed to create a new character so I'm pulling him right out of PSU" story, did your character have a PSU background?
    Last edited by Slidikins; Aug 31, 2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Reading and replying to stories...
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Slidikins View Post
    Don't worry, the libido won't have any relevance in the story.

[EDIT #1] Read Cypher's/Exodus' introduction, ignoring grammatical errors as requested. He seems to a very lawful paladin type so far, which makes me wonder how pure the "voice" is. Also curious as to where he was in his last life, as the Phantasy Star, erm, universe has a lot of different eras/realms to pick from.
    Oh no its totally fine... I was just making jest of it ... It would be an element to implement since that is apart of her; from what I read I feel she would have a love interest - and it would be interesting on how you execute it.

Also I feel that her and a couple of my characters can get along with her... I have a character tree too if you are curious.

Now on to the bread and butter, you know... that is the most interesting description you felt from Exodus; very interesting and now you make me want to find what voice it would have if this was to be... LOL

But, ill say this... he can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" like Barry White.. LOL jkjk

Anyway, yes the story is very ambiguous and its funny for my past intro's/stories I try to find out the timeline/chronology of PSO/PSU. But, now this approach fits/works out fine; now as it brought what it brought... and now I can go home as a family man... XD jk

I am very pleased that you have taken the time to read and thank you for your fruitful comment; it brought a smile on mi face...