Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

You'd think they would've learned after that time they deleted peoples' hard drives :V
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    You'd think they would've learned after that time they deleted peoples' hard drives :V
    they did when ??

Around EP2 i think, or was it EP3? it even deleted FFXIV from there HDD lol
    test

Wednesday is ruined

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    One of the following possibilities:
    1) They don't playtest their builds (unlikely)
    2) They have spaghetti code, the problems of which arise on their live servers and not their closed beta ones (likely)
    3) They work on multiple builds at the same time, and they don't keep track on what changes and flags are applied on each one seperately (likely)

As for the long downtime for something so "simple", I can only thing that they entirely recompile their code or something. I mean, in other games like WoW, they wouldn't even need an emergency maintenance for something like this; they'd make the change entirely live. At worst they'd require a player to just relog.
    I think spaghetti code is the most likely answer. It would just be in-character for how Sega deals with issues in this game.

Whatever they did, the file ownerships and reading rights are all messed up again and I can't seem to fix them.
    Let's just hope it will settle down with the final version of the launcher.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Maybe it actually checked some previous achievement different from a new one.
    Looks like it was not handed to absolutely everyone, some people didn't get it.

You guys are funny to me, how did ANYONE NOT expect emergency maintenance? THIS is what pso2 is known for after EVERY major update. I thought for sure it would have been because of the new pvp line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    One of the following possibilities:
    1) They don't playtest their builds (unlikely)
    2) They have spaghetti code, the problems of which arise on their live servers and not their closed beta ones (likely)
    3) They work on multiple builds at the same time, and they don't keep track on what changes and flags are applied on each one seperately (likely)

As for the long downtime for something so "simple", I can only thing that they entirely recompile their code or something. I mean, in other games like WoW, they wouldn't even need an emergency maintenance for something like this; they'd make the change entirely live. At worst they'd require a player to just relog.
    Well it's a 2012 game with 6 years of update, i guess it's normal if you don't have the best clean code ever
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

I was just about to login to get my daily reward, but then I come across maintenance.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106