Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    Are they lying already?
    I really seem to remember reading an official announcement that "When it's not in beta it will have ALL THINGS JP has upon release".
    But now, I'm reading all over that it's only going to have 3 years of the start of stuff, but then "reach equality" within the first year with the JP release.
    I don't think they ever said that it would have everything upon release, but, it makes sense that they're taking this catching up approach.
    Not only it allows for the new players in the NA version to experience content that is long obsolete in the JP version, it also allows for them to progressively get better at the game as harder content gets released (many of them are currently struggling with SH Loser, imagine the chaos that would have been if they released everything at once).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    see you on PSO3
    You're cynical and sarcastic towards me for absolutely no reason, unless you're looking for a fight, which I'm not going to give you. I'm not buying or playing PSO2 NA, and I've already played PSO2 JP. There's no "see you on PSO3".

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    snip
    Actually what killed PSO ep2 and 3 was 2 things: Cheating(well mainly the BSODers) and time. What killed PSU was the thing where the NA version would always be like 3-4 updates behind the JP version, and just very lackluster support in like everything, and a metric ton of lying.

If this iteration doesn't befall the same fate as the past others, it's all good.
    Last edited by Mystil; Apr 20, 2020 at 08:53 AM.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    Actually what killed PSO ep2 and 3 was 2 things: Cheating(well mainly the BSODers) and time. What killed PSU was the thing where the NA version would always be like 3-4 updates behind the JP version, and just very lackluster support in like everything, and a metric ton of lying.

If this iteration doesn't befall the same fate as the past others, it's all good.
    When it comes to PSU the PC/PS2 servers were plagued with cheaters early on, and if I remember right, SEGA took too long to deal with them, which resulted in alot of players quitting. I started playing PSU in the PC/PS2 servers around 9 or so months after release, the population was already pretty low by then.

Content wise, both western and JP servers started with less content/areas than what the game had in its offline story mode, which also helped in players losing interest.

The gap between western and JP versions, the western version was able to stay around 2 or 3 months behind the JP version for quite some time, but a major event during the expansion marked the start of an increasing gap between them. That 2~3 months gap ended becoming an 1 year and half gap.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Apr 20, 2020 at 09:16 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    You're cynical and sarcastic towards me for absolutely no reason, unless you're looking for a fight, which I'm not going to give you. I'm not buying or playing PSO2 NA, and I've already played PSO2 JP. There's no "see you on PSO3".
    1. absolutely no indication to anyone here that you're even playing PSO2 JP which sounds like you aren't and you're also not bothering with NA at all too. given that you say theres nothing to be hyped about the series anymore, it sounds exactly like you're not even playing either of the current versions of the game

2. taking "see you on PSO3" as a notion to fight with you is pretty pathetic in itself, grow some skin
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Edit: I figured this guy out.
    Last edited by Mystil; Apr 21, 2020 at 01:28 PM.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Well. I've been playing for about a week now and I'm up to L40 on my Braver and I've been having a blast

Aside from the limited inventory space and the constant juggling, I'm really enjoying it. I just wish I could remember where the people are when it comes to the Client Orders!!
    Poppy and Oscar

Just out of curiosity, while I'm one of the few out there WITHOUT Windows 10 (partially because I didn't jump the boat to windows 8 and then didn't get caught in the ''ha, guess what people *forced upgrade to windows 10*'', so I'm thinking maybe more people wouldn't be using it either if it wasn't of that but I digress) I'm not sure about this ''available through windows 10 store'' thing. Never used that store even. It just got me worried.

It'd be hilarious if the North-American version of a game that is close to 10 years old and used to have (still has by 2019 check) ''Windows XP'' as its minimum system requirement would now have Windows 10 for it as minimum requirement for... absolutely no valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BWS-1 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, while I'm one of the few out there WITHOUT Windows 10 (partially because I didn't jump the boat to windows 8 and then didn't get caught in the ''ha, guess what people *forced upgrade to windows 10*'', so I'm thinking maybe more people wouldn't be using it either if it wasn't of that but I digress) I'm not sure about this ''available through windows 10 store'' thing. Never used that store even. It just got me worried.

It'd be hilarious if the North-American version of a game that is close to 10 years old and used to have (still has by 2019 check) ''Windows XP'' as its minimum system requirement would now have Windows 10 for it as minimum requirement for... absolutely no valid reason.
    The Windows Store now distributes regular programs (though they still need to be "bridged"), not just UWP apps, so in theory it should be identical to the JPN version, just with the Windows Store system acting like an intermediary for updates and launching like with Steam; having it the Windows Store is likely a type of short-term "platform exclusivity" thing, as, if I recall correctly, there was some documentation that a Steam version was eventually going to be made available.
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 26, 2020 at 11:18 AM.

Even if they are good with the updates and sync up with JP, they will be behind on scratches I'd assume. Entire catalogs of cosmetics are going to be missing due to licensing probably and that's a big bummer in it of itself..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    The Windows Store now distributes regular programs (though they still need to be "bridged"), not just UWP apps, so in theory it should be identical to the JPN version, just with the Windows Store system acting like an intermediary for updates and launching like with Steam; having it the Windows Store is likely a type of short-term "platform exclusivity" thing, as, if I recall correctly, there was some documentation that a Steam version was eventually going to be made available.
    I don't buy games on the Windows store. Have you bought a AAA title that installs like any other game?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!