Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 rep

i am not ranting about something i learned earlier today. my rep somehow went down 5% simply from sitting in my shop more than likely. i really wish they wouldn't have this rep crap. people are just...... grrr. i don't know why i'm getitng it. i don't talk crap to people, unless i'm being talked crap to. i don't know what it is. but it just makes me so mad that people over use this if they have the slighteset problem or are just wanting to be assholes

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

It goes up just by playing with other people though which I read on the Xbox tech help forums and it rarely means anything anyway, yeah?

yeah but still i like having my stars in all their glory. and i keep to myself on the xbox live. i just don't understand it

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Perhaps it also goes down by not playing with other people?

I dunno. Look it up if you must but is it that big a deal? There's more heinous things out there to be mad at, especially in the online arenas.

it just bothers me. and i needed to vent for a minute lol

I used to have a 100% good rep.

I played a few games of GoW with my friend from school. I partook in a small bit of trash talking, mostly just laughing from what he said. Apparently the whole reason he HAS Xbox Live is to be dicks to people, which is pretty funny to hear.

I checked my rep afterward. 60% bad, 40% good. Hahaha.

Someone didn't like your prices apparently.

People love to fuck up other people for no reason. I regularly get flamed, harassed, warned or accused of crimes I didn't commit on P2P and online games.

Consider this: if any attribute related to you can be influenced by other people, law dictates that this attribute will be as low as humanly possible and anyone who cares solely about that attribute isn't smart enough to play with you with a level head.

Therefore, you want to have your rep as low as possible! The reasoning is the following:

If you rep is low, the mass of idiots will avoid you simply because your rep is low.
    Had your rep been high, the idiots would play with you, but because they are idiots, they will lower your rep at the first given slight opportunity.
    Your rep will thus decrease, and henceforth drive idiots away from you, leaving only the smart people who choose teammates not by rep but rather by past experience with them and remembering those who played well with them.

We can thus conclude that the rep (or any player-opinion-based attribute) is the gamer's natural defense system against idiots.

Thank you for watching, news at 11.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

At first I was bothered that after just a night of my brother playing CoD2 my rep was down to nothing, because I had no idea what he might have been saying to people to have it set that low.

Now? Pffft, hell if I care. If they complained, they prolly just could'nt take the trash talk they got in return; or they were upset that he talked trash and could actually back it up with kicking their ass(Gotta admit my brother is pretty badass at CoD2, I rarely see him lose or come in second place.)
    Look, he did it again.

On 2007-03-09 07:05, KodiaX987 wrote:
    People love to fuck up other people for no reason. I regularly get flamed, harassed, warned or accused of crimes I didn't commit on P2P and online games.

Consider this: if any attribute related to you can be influenced by other people, law dictates that this attribute will be as low as humanly possible and anyone who cares solely about that attribute isn't smart enough to play with you with a level head.

Therefore, you want to have your rep as low as possible! The reasoning is the following:

If you rep is low, the mass of idiots will avoid you simply because your rep is low.
    Had your rep been high, the idiots would play with you, but because they are idiots, they will lower your rep at the first given slight opportunity.
    Your rep will thus decrease, and henceforth drive idiots away from you, leaving only the smart people who choose teammates not by rep but rather by past experience with them and remembering those who played well with them.

We can thus conclude that the rep (or any player-opinion-based attribute) is the gamer's natural defense system against idiots.

Thank you for watching, news at 11.
    i get your point =) i guess it just bothers me more cus in the real world i get that stuff too. i have visible tattoos therefore making it that much harder for me to get a good job. people assume i do drugs and steal and stuff. i'm a very shy person. it just amazes me how things are sometimes.