Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

As of today the 6th of March, Sega changed the servers to check the time on your VMU. By doing this they can tell if you have logged on with a file older than your previous save. What happens at this point is you will get a dialoge box stating that you are using a corrupt save and an item initilization will occur. It drops you offline and resaves your game. When you log on again you have newbie gear and nothing else like you just restarted.

I tested this myself and due to this I will be unable to play online at all until this is changed or I will lose my own gear.

I have called Sega of America and they have no knowledge about this. The lady who identified herself as Anna told me all I could do is write a letter to the following address.

Sega of America
    dreamcast inc
    650 townsend st
    ste 650
    Sanfransico CA. 94103-4908

Please visit the following thread which will be a petition in which I will send to Sega for them to change the servers back to their origional state.

Please post here to show your support to change the servers back to their previous status.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ambrai on 2001-03-06 18:49 ]</font>

Sorry Ambrai but i'd rather prevent duping and backup saves because if your character got erased then God must have wanted it that way.

NO! DOWN WITH DUPING! I'D RATHER LOSE MY CHARACTER THEN SEE EVERY RARE ITEM TURN WORTHLESS!

DOWN WITH DUPERS!

DOWN WITH DUPERS!

DOWN WITH DUPERS!

DOWN WITH DUPERS!

DOWN WITH DUPERS!

AMBRAI YOU ARE A DUPER LOVER! DOWN WITH YOU TOO!

DOWN WITH AMBRAI!

DOWN WITH AMBRAI!

DOWN WITH AMBRAI!

On 2001-03-06 18:43, Xria wrote:
    NO! DOWN WITH DUPING! I'D RATHER LOSE MY CHARACTER THEN SEE EVERY RARE ITEM TURN WORTHLESS!
    I fail to see the logic in this. If you lose your character and have to start over, why should you care whether or not rare items are still rare? You can't do anything with a rare weapon when you have no character to use it. Isn't something that you spent hours & hours on and have memories of worth more than just another weapon?

If Sega is going to institute anti-cheat measures, they shouldn't be doing so in a manner that punishes innocent players.

On 2001-03-06 18:42, katastrophy wrote:
    Sorry Ambrai but i'd rather prevent duping and backup saves...
    What you are missing here is that this doesn't prevent ALL dup'ing, just the most common method. People are still able to dupe.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Dirus on 2001-03-06 19:20 ]</font>

OMG

Why did you bother to test it Ambri?

It sounds like bad code all together. I wouldn't have tested it with my main. Rather maded a noob to test it on.

SEGA has to do something about their anti-cheat methods all together.

Loden

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Loden on 2001-03-06 18:57 ]</font>

Bows to pso world and says thank you very much!

got my support!

DOWN WITH DUPING<---jack ass lol

Here is the problem I see with this... this wont stop duping that much. If the game deletes your items if you log on w/ a lower time, all a duper has to do is just play offline for like 5 to 10 min and it is a workaround, right? So they will continue duping. It may have caught some of them off the initial start, but people will figger out how to get around it. What does this really hurt? The people that backup their characters. Why? Cuz these are the people that have like HOURS of time difference. The people that lose their characters in a crash. I lost my character 1 time... I had a backup and was saved. I have yet to have a problem again...

I dont think losing your items is a huge difference... I dont have many SUPER rares or anything, but still, the thought of losing my high level mag and my soul eater (which unfortunately is a must for my char, a force... no other good weapons to use for large groups) really sucks. I dont like the fact that sega did this, but whats done is done. I guess what happens now, is that when I eventually lose my char to a power outage (and yes I live in CA, so I guess I am screwed, neh?) I guess it will be time to say goodbye to an otherwise fine game. Too bad... I hope sega really puts in some effort to fix this problem for the 2nd one...

Oh, and I think that attacking Ambrai like that was stupid, immature and childish Xria... just my opinion.

UPDATE:

Tested it further to find some way around it and I did .

Any file OLDER (meaning more time played) than the last file you went online with will work with no problems. So if you lose all your gear just play offline with your char til the time is over the previous char's time.

Consider it a good time to finish those quests you have been meaning to do.

And to Xria,

I do not support duping in any way shape and form. I am actually investigating an accusation that a certian person is trading duped items through our trading forum. If I find proof of this his ass will be banned quicker than you can ask your mom for lunch money.

Ambrai X`Vie
    PSO World Staff
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.