Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free partners

Default Free partners

What happened to it? Whenever I check to see if I can use them no registered people appear. Either my game is bugged, an update changed something that I am unaware about or no one is registered... which one is it?
    PSP2 >
    K.O. Kazjivo

From what I heard from various people, SEGA removed them in attempt to fix lag/server overload. Could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrylic View Post
    From what I heard from various people, SEGA removed them in attempt to fix lag/server overload. Could be wrong, though.
    I just searched the forums a few times, people said the same thing. I don't know why they didn't remove the register partner checkbox, new players are bound to be confused like I was.
    PSP2 >
    K.O. Kazjivo

Because that would make to much sense for SEGA to do something like that.
    "Newman ruiner of things"

Quote Originally Posted by K.O. Kazjivo View Post
    I just searched the forums a few times, people said the same thing. I don't know why they didn't remove the register partner checkbox, new players are bound to be confused like I was.
    Because the feature can be reenabled if they would just make it not search through the whole database, or even easier, upgrade the server machine to something more recent, instead of hardware they used during the PSU day.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Also the registration is required for your friends to use you as well. It would have made to much sense to fix that.

I think its a good change actually.

Between the NPCs, Free Partners, and Support Partners; One gets three lists of NPC-Controlled characters which encourage you more to not play with anyone or go out and make friends in a game that is begging for people to meet each other and CoOp the maps.

Also, considering that half the maps are not Party Friendly do to bosses adjusting to a party-environment rather than Solo environment, the change only hurts people who want to play an online RPG with the feeling of being an offline singleplayer game.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Because the feature can be reenabled if they would just make it not search through the whole database, or even easier, upgrade the server machine to something more recent, instead of hardware they used during the PSU day.
    wat

[citation needed]

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I think its a good change actually.

Between the NPCs, Free Partners, and Support Partners; One gets three lists of NPC-Controlled characters which encourage you more to not play with anyone or go out and make friends in a game that is begging for people to meet each other and CoOp the maps.

Also, considering that half the maps are not Party Friendly do to bosses adjusting to a party-environment rather than Solo environment, the change only hurts people who want to play an online RPG with the feeling of being an offline singleplayer game.
    I understand your reasoning for this, but I miss it due to the variety of interesting characters. It was great for the daily order runs and FUN too. Now I have to resort to friends' FPs, most of which have lv60~65 FPs with very few on the 75/75 range. And seeing the same chars over and over gets tiring real quick. I want the random FPs back.

It may or may not be PSU-era hardware, but by grand SEGA tradition the server components are mostly cardboard and bits of string that last Magatsu run was lag-tastic.

I miss it due to character variety/lack of 75/75s on my list too. I'm thankful we had it as long as we did though, I filled up my friends list and watched what outfits and hair got my character the most use, for optimum FUN scraping