Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

In regards to BQ needing free mode and the stamina system to ensure that Rank 1 and 2 don't die:
    This is Sega's fault entirely. Free mode never needed to exist, because the ranking system for BQ never needed to exist. They should have stuck to difficulties like they have been, and added an "Advanced" difficulty over Extra Hard.

BQ missions literally be re-skins is the most horrible thing about them. I'm not going to get excited for a single mission after this one knowing that they'll all be the same. BQ2 should have had a different terrain. I would have put the castle smack dab in the center of the stage, and have the buster piles / towers on all 4 sides of it. This would have made the mission much harder.

I just did the story up to the untranslated bits (I'd rather not get lost in a language I don't understand). Can't say I like the direction they were going with the whole fantasy thing, as liked the PS games FOR their sci-fi setting. Now suddenly we're the Warrior of Light? I will say it's still leagues better than what episode 4 was with the whole "this is actually a game within a game" BS. It actually triggered me so much I actually almost rage quit the story twice. It really put a bad taste in my mouth.

The Buster Quest were kind of interesting even though it's just another spin on the whole tower defense aspect. It actually feels more involved than those mining EQs with the attack phase. Shame it's mostly dead though. I don't like how you're required to do those either especially since they can't be solo'd. :/ But over all, I think it's decent.

As for Hero, yeah, I really don't like how it's over-tuned at all. Makes most content not as fun when they're face-rolling everything, lmao. I'm actually a ranger main myself and I'm not all that interested in the new class especially with the hefty requirements to unlock it and the fact that I only have one mag per character. Also, making me use a certain weapon in cut-scenes is one thing but I don't like how SEGA just canonically assign me the Hero class when I just wanna be a frickin' ranger! Just a nitpick of mine. Kills what sense of emerging I have left of the story for me.

IMO though, if anything is killing the game, it's Sega's lack of willingness to add more meaningful content as appose to costumes and LAs. Buster Quest and a new class was a start but sooner or later, people will get tired of playing dress-up with their characters. There's barely any challenge content. Just wishing thinking though. Not like Sega will listen to my American ass, lol.

At least in the upcoming chapter, my girl Lisa's getting some more scene time, yay. Even if it's brief. Here's hoping Ep 5 won't be as shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    See, I'm the opposite; I love defensive missions, so I don't particularly dislike mini TDs. But a lot of people are really bad at them. Can't necessarily blame them because of how this game sets itself and its players up, but its really annoying to finally get to rank 3, then immediately get punted back out because of that run. It also doesn't help that I was on Hal and she's a Ranger/Hunter. Its just hard to keep up on most classes that aren't Hero. [That and I just don't have the time or energy to keep up on the gear of six characters anymore.]
    See, part of why I hate defense missions is that, if even one thing gets through, my mind goes into OCD mode wanting to ensure that the one thing that got through is eradicated (lest it go unchecked and just chew away at whatever it was that I'm defending). Worst part is when the objective in question can't take a hit to save their lives, and me dealing with the errant runaway ends up letting everything else through.

Also yeah - I totally recognized Hal by form alone (because I'd seen pics of them not but a couple of days prior, and she stands out due to an awesome design), but I was still wary of approaching because... I dunno, me being worried you'd snap at me or something? Paranoia's a bitch, and I had towers to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaugen View Post
    In regards to BQ needing free mode and the stamina system to ensure that Rank 1 and 2 don't die:
    This is Sega's fault entirely. Free mode never needed to exist, because the ranking system for BQ never needed to exist. They should have stuck to difficulties like they have been, and added an "Advanced" difficulty over Extra Hard.
    Sure,if you want anything other than XH to be a dead mode.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Sure,if you want anything other than XH to be a dead mode.
    Yes please and I would like to see jump potions for insta Lv75, there is no reason for anything besides XH at this point.

The reason for the Grade system instead of the old N/H/VH/SH/XH is because Sega (probably) listened to feedback about people joining the hardest difficulty but still not being up to par to the rest of the group. With this sytem, if someone is good they can join Grade 3 even at lvl20. If someone is not that good they will stay in lower grades even if they have every class at lvl80. And Advanced requires you to be both good and lvl80.

Regarding different battleground to spice things up, I support that, but Sega needs to ensure that the content doesn't have a soft-requirement to be Hero. The current battleground's design is already too focused on Hero's mobility. The reason the other classes are undesired is not their lack of damage output performance, but the fact that they simply can't get to the enemies fast enough.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    The reason for the Grade system instead of the old N/H/VH/SH/XH is because Sega (probably) listened to feedback about people joining the hardest difficulty but still not being up to par to the rest of the group. With this sytem, if someone is good they can join Grade 3 even at lvl20. If someone is not that good they will stay in lower grades even if they have every class at lvl80. And Advanced requires you to be both good and lvl80.

Regarding different battleground to spice things up, I support that, but Sega needs to ensure that the content doesn't have a soft-requirement to be Hero. The current battleground's design is already too focused on Hero's mobility. The reason the other classes are undesired is not their lack of damage output performance, but the fact that they simply can't get to the enemies fast enough.
    The issue with that, though, is that your gear doesn't scale with you. So even if you're the world's best level 20 player, you're still swinging a sword with a damage rating of 472 as opposed to one that's got a damage rating of 1692. You are literally using a weapon with a quarter of the damage as the usual weapon someone of that level uses. Unless I'm missing something, that's a statistical difference level alone can't overcome.

I will say, though, that I think grade should be selectable once unlocked. For example, Free Mode will throw you into a random one. However, when I select a ranked match, let me pick Grade 1, 2, 3, or (if I meet the criteria) 3+. Then I'd be tempted to use my low-level characters in ranked matches to build up CF files without the fear of dragging 7 other people into the pit of uselessness with me.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

I think you meant to say "if you get carried you can join a grade 3 at lv 20".

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyo_Hoshi View Post
    I will say it's still leagues better than what episode 4 was with the whole "this is actually a game within a game" BS. It actually triggered me so much I actually almost rage quit the story twice. It really put a bad taste in my mouth.
    Wow. You really don't understand the story, do you.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Wow. You really don't understand the story, do you.
    Not sure if that was an insult but I find it convoluted as hell. I stand by my opinion though. I could go on a rant but I don't want to risk going off-topic