Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I only played the offline PS2 version of that game. Passed Lv100, did they make newer difficulties in order to compensate for the level boost or was everything a cake walk at that level? I know PSO2 won't stop once NGS comes out, but there's too many signs that tells me that it won't go pass Lv100.
    There was difficulties with C-S4 with enemy levels going up to 190 I think on S4 (don't remember 100%, it's been 8 years lol), so there was plenty to do on high level as well.
    Who knows what they'll do, personally I doubt it will end at 100.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    There was difficulties with C-S4 with enemy levels going up to 190 I think on S4 (don't remember 100%, it's been 8 years lol), so there was plenty to do on high level as well.
    Who knows what they'll do, personally I doubt it will end at 100.
    Well here's the thing, when they were making harder difficulties for PSU to match those higher level caps, they only had PSU to deal with. They can call NGS PSO2 all they want, but it's still a new game. I doubt that they'll bother making higher difficulties for OG PSO2, they'll be too busy with NGS. Hell, we're getting AC Scratch revival nowadays, I think PSO2 development is coming to an end and it will be a legacy MMO, meaning that you will still be able to play it, but they won't bring anything new to it until they pull the plug.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I'm fairly certain that PSO2 was long in development and they were busy with it while PSU still got it's updates to the game. They must have, since between the
    start of PSO2 and the shutdown of PSU only like 3 or 4 months passed. So who can say. We'll have to wait and see what they decide to do.
    At least for as long as NGS is not on the market yet, I think it's safe to assume that we will get some kind of content like new scratches, events and other missions
    in regular updates.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    I'm fairly certain that PSO2 was long in development and they were busy with it while PSU still got it's updates to the game. They must have, since between the
    start of PSO2 and the shutdown of PSU only like 3 or 4 months passed. So who can say. We'll have to wait and see what they decide to do.
    At least for as long as NGS is not on the market yet, I think it's safe to assume that we will get some kind of content like new scratches, events and other missions
    in regular updates.
    No doubt that PSO2 was in development, but my point is that there was no other Phantasy Star game going at the SAME time as PSU. Once we hit Lv100, it will be a matter of months before NGS and once that's released, they won't put efforts in PSO2 OG, let alone creating new difficulties.
    Spoiler!

No doubt that PSO2 was in development, but my point is that there was no other Phantasy Star game going at the SAME time as PSU. Once we hit Lv100, it will be a matter of months before NGS and once that's released, they won't put efforts in PSO2 OG, let alone creating new difficulties.
    its like this guy didn't even know Phantasy Star Portable 2/Infinity had online/events during that time too or something
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    Unless there are Level 100 skills the only redeeming factor is having an aesthetic 100 displayed after all these years.
    Lvl 100 bosses have massive HP and damage, so it's really not just cosmetic.

Anyway PSO2 is far too popular to quit and considering how easy it is for Sega to keep people playing by merely changing a couple of numbers and color schemes, taking at best one day and not to mention how ep 4 and 5 paved the way for the plot of any future episodes to be just about anything with people continuing to play (the majority anyway and a lot of the ep 4 dissatisfaction was because of gameplay) they should be able to easily get to lvl 150 at least, if not lvl 200 with enough people playing PSO2 vanilla to justify adding updates regardless of how NG is doing.

On the other hand of course Sega has a track record of making poor business decisions in PSO2 and I worry they might believe that magically the vast majority of PSO2 players will play and pay NG if Sega just neglects PSO2 enough and then shuts down the servers so they believe people will instantly switch full time to NG and no one doing anything else.

But I pray they learn from SE who added pretty recently (I think 2019) a major content update for FF11 because enough people were still playing to profit from this, making Sega keep PSO2 alive, even if no massive story updates or so, keeping to add some nice stuff here and there as long as people naturally keep playing and only stop caring about PSO2 when the player base declines on its own.

More PP and HP are always welcome even if the values arent all that high, especially when trying to meet quotas v:

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Lvl 100 bosses have massive HP and damage, so it's really not just cosmetic.

Anyway PSO2 is far too popular to quit and considering how easy it is for Sega to keep people playing by merely changing a couple of numbers and color schemes, taking at best one day and not to mention how ep 4 and 5 paved the way for the plot of any future episodes to be just about anything with people continuing to play (the majority anyway and a lot of the ep 4 dissatisfaction was because of gameplay) they should be able to easily get to lvl 150 at least, if not lvl 200 with enough people playing PSO2 vanilla to justify adding updates regardless of how NG is doing.

On the other hand of course Sega has a track record of making poor business decisions in PSO2 and I worry they might believe that magically the vast majority of PSO2 players will play and pay NG if Sega just neglects PSO2 enough and then shuts down the servers so they believe people will instantly switch full time to NG and no one doing anything else.

But I pray they learn from SE who added pretty recently (I think 2019) a major content update for FF11 because enough people were still playing to profit from this, making Sega keep PSO2 alive, even if no massive story updates or so, keeping to add some nice stuff here and there as long as people naturally keep playing and only stop caring about PSO2 when the player base declines on its own.
    My guess is that they'll keep PSO2 active for a long time as a legacy MMO. They'll rotate the previous holiday quests, lobby themes, NPC guest, AC and Fun scratches, basically, anything that doesn't require new programming. Anyway, guess we'll have to wait and see what they announce when we'll be getting close to NGS's release.
    Spoiler!

I believe we'll get an engine overhaul before NGS release.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    I believe we'll get an engine overhaul before NGS release.
    Oh of course. In a way, this will give more replay value to the OG PSO2, just like a remaster version or something.
    Spoiler!