Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm behind on this stuff but happy to other game dev's offering to help.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Well it's cool Senran Kagura Estival Versus is coming to the west on Vita and PS4 (with physical release too) uncensored. And that has more controversial things than all DOA games combined.
    Already preordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    Well it's cool Senran Kagura Estival Versus is coming to the west on Vita and PS4 (with physical release too) uncensored. And that has more controversial things than all DOA games combined.
    Already preordered.

That's good to hear Saner. There isn't really anything controversial about Dead or Alive its just whining over pointless issues in gaming.
    I'm happy to hear some game companies have woken up and realized their jobs are more important.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Jan 9, 2016 at 06:10 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

think it might be coming to PC soon it seems, takaki really wants it to be available to steam since niche games sell well there

Chidori / Ship2, Also feel free to visit us at http://gunvalk.saik0.com

I like how the Blog Poster talks about puritans, when its really about the WASP community (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) community. I also love how a mention is made to Otome Games...

Sorry for being brutally honest, but women get HIT pretty hard in some of these Otome Games. For a while my fiancee played some of them as a preference for actually doing something more than what is offered in visual novels and just to have fun.

She didn't pay to win like most of her friends did....
    ..and so she got locked into a chapter (even with her character maxed out) and was given the bad ending....

The ending?

She goes into the boy's room and finds a shrine of herself there. The boy appears and tells her that her entire family is dead, where he chains her up....commits a rather heinous crime. Proceeds to murder her and leave her for dead.....

...and then the game closes with a graphic representation and sounds of her being buried and seeing herself from the heavens being buried.

Sorry, but that caused my fiancee to dump the entire genre altogether and move to other games. She showed me the ending and I wanted to kill the developer, considering people get attached to their characters in games like these...

The game rating was also for Teenagers too on Mobile Devices....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Well, that sounds like... art? I mean, stuff like that is rather typical for tragic stories that are trying to be shocking, whether it's modern Japanese anime or classic Western tragedy books from 18-19th centuries. Sure, games (especially ones where you create your own character) grant incredible immersion thanks to their interractive capabilities, but people can get emotionally attached to random characters in books and films too, provided their protrayal is convincing or similar to them enough.

The emotional impact that comes from the art (whether those emotions are good or bad) is the whole point of art. I've had plenty of culture shock when I first started getting into anime (gotta say, stuff like NGE and Madoka really melts brains of those unprepared), and it led me into a lot of depressing thoughts. But, ultimately, there's 3 things you need to do:
    - extract author's message;
    - reevaluate your life;
    - move on with your new vision of reality.

That's the cool thing about art - it extends you. Sure, not all people are ready to accept the message, but it has nothing to do with gender or age. It's about your cultural influences and the way you live your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I like how the Blog Poster talks about puritans, when its really about the WASP community (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) community. I also love how a mention is made to Otome Games...

Sorry for being brutally honest, but women get HIT pretty hard in some of these Otome Games. For a while my fiancee played some of them as a preference for actually doing something more than what is offered in visual novels and just to have fun.

She didn't pay to win like most of her friends did....
    ..and so she got locked into a chapter (even with her character maxed out) and was given the bad ending....

The ending?

She goes into the boy's room and finds a shrine of herself there. The boy appears and tells her that her entire family is dead, where he chains her up....commits a rather heinous crime. Proceeds to murder her and leave her for dead.....

...and then the game closes with a graphic representation and sounds of her being buried and seeing herself from the heavens being buried.

Sorry, but that caused my fiancee to dump the entire genre altogether and move to other games. She showed me the ending and I wanted to kill the developer, considering people get attached to their characters in games like these...

The game rating was also for Teenagers too on Mobile Devices....
    At least she didn't go to hell for not using microtransactions. That would have sent quite a message to the players.

In a 2D Relationship

I love endings like these
    Last edited by Strobo_Lemon; Mar 14, 2016 at 05:27 PM.