Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So download option completely remove? then I can think of it as only pessimistic version then >_<

This mean, only people who know JP can play the better version. people who can't read JP has no choice but to pay the same price for less content version.

Good point is that you can get weapons faster than JP ver.
    Bad point (which is more important to me) so many mission are missing! (at least 10+)

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Mayor McCheese

It could be patched in theory, but it'd probably be more tedious for Sega. Killzone Liberation and one of the Socom games (Bravo 2 is the one I own) were patched for glitches (the latter) and to add in infrastructure mode multiplayer (the former).

But these titles had some access to Sony's servers from within the game prior to these updates. The patches are stored on the memory stick under the games category.

Since the US version of PSP has no way to access a server from the game, Sega would have to do one of two things: Release the missions directly via the PSN store (Which, if Sega was going to do, is probably the most plausible solution) or release a patch via the PSN store which would allow the US version access to the DLC servers.

How does the DLC work for the JP version? Are the missions individual files stored the memory stick? Or is it just one DLC file that gets updated with every new download?

If it's the first way, I'd be interested to see if the US version of the game would even acknowledge those files.

Arabia... Yeah, i took a wrong turn at Albequerque.

Here's what i've found in the Demo that's worthy of note:

(Kubara)
    Spearc
    Halva Rafagga
    Twin harisen Fans
    Twin Bouqets
    Vahra Claw
    Harisen Battle Fan
    Mark III
    Papillon Dance
    Papillon Ciel(sp?)
    Koltova Madog

(GRM)
    Bullet Master
    Hanzo
    Death Dancer
    Twin Crea Saber
    Beam Gun

(Tenora Works)
    Shag Azza

Just wondering if anybody else has gotten any of these(aside from the bouqet and battle fans).

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    So are you sure about no DLC already?

if so, that would be very suck, because you could look around those thread on how fun are those DLC missions.

but consider how early the game is just released, I think we can't assume just yet?
    There's no "DOWNLOAD" option in the start menu. How are we suppost to actually get the missions? Now please keep this thread on topic.

Actually, I got a laugh from this:

I transferred my JP characters to the US version, and get this.

Weapon badges are translated and full compatible. When I say compatible, though, there are no missions that use it, but it is in the game. Sad, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Norris View Post
    There's no "DOWNLOAD" option in the start menu. How are we suppost to actually get the missions? Now please keep this thread on topic.
    Playstation Network.

To norris: that message was answered by Neith already.

TO zarode: When you transfer the JP files game, where did you put the DLC files? is there a way to make DLC compatible?

because "no DLC" really make me feel like not getting this game anymore.
    (ask JP import ppl around, and everybody say the DLC missions are things that actually make the game more different to online game, because of the new contents that never try. Most of existed missions are just the same to online game, except weapons drop)
    Last edited by Arika; Mar 5, 2009 at 09:32 PM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

KeyBoard Puncher~

I'm pissed about this too, but just an fyi for people not involved in the PSP custom firmware scene. A few guys are already figuring out which files are the translated items lists and popping them on the PSP JP version. So you should be seeing a translated JP --> EN PSP game which means you can play the game and the DLC items if you so wish, but the DLC will still be in JP. Some of the DLC missions are fun and quite a few of them have tutorials already posted here.

But, you will need a custom firmware to even enjoy the file (and of course own both the JP and US version accordingly).

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    To norris: that message was answered by Neith already.

TO zarode: When you transfer the JP files game, where did you put the DLC files? is there a way to make DLC compatible?

because "no DLC" really make me feel like not getting this game anymore.
    (ask JP import ppl around, and everybody say the DLC missions are things that actually make the game more different to online game, because of the new contents that never try. Most of existed missions are just the same to online game, except weapons drop)
    DLC weapons carry over, but not the missions. If someone could hack the file and make it compatible, I'm sure it would work. I bet the most you would have to change is game ID checker and some check sums.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

Just to note, the Sacred Duster also dropped in story mode in the JP version.

Theoretically, we could still get DLC, via downloading on PS3/PC, but its extremely stupid to remove the 'download' option from the main menu if they were planning on giving it to us.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

As mvffin said. So far there is no hard evidence yet, and the only reported drop changes so far appear to be a lack of Weapon Badges (although these are not needed for DLC as they were easily farmed from the first download mission too) and this single Bouquet report.

Edit: Oh wait... what about those Twin Bouquet/Harisen drops? Are those normal drops now too? >_>
    Last edited by Tycho; Mar 6, 2009 at 09:03 AM.