Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Wait, so DEX affects the value of the minimum damage?
    That... doesn't sound too logical. I can see it's the case, but... yeah, whatever.

So in essence, Dex doesn't influence the minimum damage as per a ratio, but as per a raw value increment?

Any way to calculate it or do I have to play with the damage calculator until I find the 90% point?
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    Wait, so DEX affects the value of the minimum damage?
    That... doesn't sound too logical. I can see it's the case, but... yeah, whatever.

So in essence, Dex doesn't influence the minimum damage as per a ratio, but as per a raw value increment?

Any way to calculate it or do I have to play with the damage calculator until I find the 90% point?
    Here.

So basically, there's no way to calculate it...
    Thanks for the results.

I suppose the value needed for Wands would be even higher during Wand Reactor? I swear to god, it's like SEGA doesn't want us to play this...
    www.hinamizawa.fr

There is. Basically

Your Dex needed = (Weapon's Base ATK * 0.45) + Enemy Dex - Silva Bonus

414 Dex is a safe number to assume for the average UQ mob, 482 for Diabo.

Reactor should count as buff ATK so won't be affected by Dex

Wand Reactor actually does not count as a buff, it is an increase to the wand's S-ATK. Wands have increased damage variance if you use Wand Reactor. On the plus side, Wand Reactor is affected by weapon element, so it's a fair trade-off.

"base atk * 0,45"? Wow, that seems like such a random number, but there it is then.
    And so with max Wand Reactor... extra 261 dex... my goodness...
    www.hinamizawa.fr

It's not random. Notice how 0.45 is half of 0.9, or 90%. Basically, after factoring in enemy DEX and any DEX bonuses, your effective DEX needs to reach 45% of your weapon's ATK stat. In other words, for every 1% increase in DEX in relation to the weapon's attack stat, your variance minimum increases by 2%.
    So lets say the weapon has 1000 base ATK, then your effective DEX (listed DEX + hidden bonus - enemy's DEX) needs to reach 450 for the best variance of 90%. For every 5 DEX less, your minimum variance drops by 1% (but it can't drop below 10%).

A lot of your comments criticizing how it works are stemming from ignorance of how it works...
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Perfect Chaos > Yeah, and then I go read the wiki and it says in one line "the weapon ATK is irrelevant" and *in the very next* "the more powerful the weapon, the more Dex you need".

Also, the formulae you've been giving are nowhere in sight, not on the wiki, not on the damage calculator tool. So, so much for "ignorance".

The fact that 0,45 is half of 90% did escape me, but now that I've seen it, I guess it can't be unseen.
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Which wiki did you read?