Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To open up PSU, I have to right click the link on my desktop and use "Run as." From there I choose Adminstrator and put in the Administrator password and it works perfectly. But if I do a regular double click to open up PSU, gameguard just sits there and eventually I get the error about not connecting to the update server.

Have you tried changing your account to a "Power User"?

By "Power User" do you mean giving my account Administrator rights? I did a google search of that, and when running through the steps I came to find my account already has Administrator rights.

I'm not really sure what else to recommend then. Most Gameguard games I've come across require you to run as administrator. You may want to double-check to see if your login username is really an Administrator.

I double checked it, my account (the only account) is in the Administrator group. I just signed off and logged in as the Administrator to install the game. I really don't understand what is so unique about the Administrator that lets it instantly update and connect that I can't do now like I've always done.