Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I played GU for a bit to spend some Keys, and it felt way stiffer to control than I remember. I've more or less been on a Hero binge ever since it came out, so I haven't really devoted any time to my other characters.

Jet Boots BO does feel as fluid as I remember, but has like, 10% of HR's DPS.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Struggling...
    I'll never get rid of my Sword Hunter Main, but she's been benched to TA / XQ Duty, since Episode 5 happened. Ranger has been on bench duty, since I'm not fond of gun classes. Even my Fighter feels clunky (as far as movement) compared to Hero.
    My Force is doing " OK " though, since it can still chill in the back & mob fairly well with the current rotation of EQs.

Spoiler!

I still like playing Fi, Gu, and Fo, i just play them less often. Certain other classes feel atrocious to me now though. I could never go back to Hu, or Katana Br, and I pretty much dropped Bo completely. I was starting to hate Bo even before ep5, but then Hr came along and it was basically a better Bo that can even use offensive techs well (kudos to Sega for finally getting a hybrid class right after 4 years). I don't really think Hero needs a nerf but I do agree with you that other classes need more speed/options. Sega should give us a new difficulty while they're at it, too. XH is hella easy if you have a competent group, even before Hr came on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post

I hate myself to have skiped Zeinesis sword CF for so long. I wasn't enjoying enough Hu for getting sword early so it was very low into my 'must get' list. Now I find myself trying to catch up wasted time and obviously Deus isn't as much scheduled as before. Fml
    You're not the only one, I'm much worse than you cause I didn't even know that Qliphad pot is OP, I thought it was the same as Zeinesis :v
    at least SEGA's gonna release Deus Trigger soon

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

It seems like the general consensus is it's uncomfortable and clunky to go back to other classes after becoming used to Hero's fluidity, simplicity, and mobility (not to mention easy high damage). It sort of feels like Sega is trying to mimic what they did when they brought about the Master classes in PSU. Though they didn't exactly render the rest of the classes obsolete, they did usually have a higher advantage over the previous classes.

Somehow, it feels like Sega amped up Hero a bit too much. They should have at least included the other advanced classes at the same time, but in a sense I can see why they didn't. It would have probably been a little too overwhelming for what they're trying to do. With Sega's track record of hardly testing things out beforehand, I think they're currently using Hero as an extended experiment of sorts.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I planned to change my TE/HU to Hero because I wasn't really doing much against bosses plus Zanverse nerf & cooldown on compounds were a sign that Sega hates TE. I also didn't want to sub BR and learn to use bows and stuff. Going from 1-80 as a Hero is a blast, I ended up doing the same on my sword HU. For a few months, I liked being a sword HU and got used to it but now I can't go back since Hero is too good! My Ra/HU is still there but I feel the slowness and Hero is the only cure. The old classes may as well be dead because they are all lacking; Hero came out and at the same time, Sega went ahead and "balanced" the old classes, cool, now none of them feel appealing to use.

Basically, I played Hero and I can't go back. Any new class from now on needs to be as fast/useful as Hero, not slow & clunky, not underpowered, not boring, not "balanced". I'd love it if the old classes were half as crazy as Hero is; I'll take stronge classes over weaker, "balanced" ones any day.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    so no matter how shit hero will be ill be maining it
    and yeah since it's not even shit that seals the deal
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Being clunky would be fine if other classes offered any real advantage over Hero. Ranger definitely needs a skill like First Blood though. No idea how people have been defending launcher for this long.

My issue with Hero is really that it kills stuff too fast for how fast the class moves. I remembered how people used to bitch about Guren and we just got a sword PA that goes faster and deals a crazy amount of damage for how fast it is delivered (Guren has to wait for second slash to get its damage. If even Braver doesn't have the time to arrive to the mob and kill it before He does, then the other classes are left in the dust. I'd reduce the speed on Flash Trick just to make it more on par with other gap-closing PAs.

What I'm fearing above all else is that SEGA starts doing content adapted to Hero's top-notch...pretty much everything and make it annoying or borderline unplayable for others (BQ is already suffering a bit from that, although you can still deal with it with clever positioning). Gotta remember it's mainly for balance purposes that other classes are slower (and it was a necessary evil when you see what happens to EP1-4 content + BQ when you have a mpa of decent Heros). So yeah, at some point they'll have to do something about other classes or tone down Hero a little, otherwise we're going straight into the "Hero or nothing" wall
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 22, 2017 at 04:44 AM.

Hero is too much of an upgrade, it made the other classes feel obsolete. Atm I have 9 chara, and 5 of them are already lv80 Hero. One chara is lv79, another three are level 58, 60 and 70 respectively.

Having to just level up 1 class to reach max potential is also one of the main factor, the other being the availability of LQs before, so i managed to bring all 9 chara at least to lv55.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur