Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 54552535455565758 LastLast

Thread: OverParse

That's disappointing. Thanks. I don't want to use any of the forks of OverParse, as to me they're much uglier and harder to read, and they all seem to be based off of one that has/had spyware in it, so I don't trust them and don't want to have to audit all of the code myself. Does anyone know why TyroneSama's original OverParse is detected, while the forks are not? If I could just make some small edits to TyroneSama's OverParse to change some detected strings and get it working again, that'd be great.

Mysty just changed the name to the loader program. Although they recognize that it is only a temporary solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    That's disappointing. Thanks. I don't want to use any of the forks of OverParse, as to me they're much uglier and harder to read, and they all seem to be based off of one that has/had spyware in it, so I don't trust them and don't want to have to audit all of the code myself. Does anyone know why TyroneSama's original OverParse is detected, while the forks are not? If I could just make some small edits to TyroneSama's OverParse to change some detected strings and get it working again, that'd be great.
    The spyware was being bundled on the releases and not on the code on the repo itself. It's how the dude got away with it for a while until he slipped up and outted himself. As for your question, you have to change the assembly info, info description and whatever name it uses to display itself in the windows task manager to something NOT OverParse.

Once that is done, you don't need overmounter anymore. Basically, you need to make a significant change to the exe's name so that the MD5 hash changes and not use the same name as what OverParse had.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you are going to use this in the Western Release, you best keep it to yourself.

I doubt Sega will be a super strict about it as SE does with FFXIV, but in FFXIV it also is against the ToS to use parsers. But theirs no detecting it. However, if you mouth off to someone or talk about where you get the damage numbers from in XIV, it just takes one person to report, and you get a perma red flag on your account along with a 3 to 14 day ban depending on how many flags, 3 red flags and your permabanned, does not matter how many years apart they are either.

Will see how its enforced for the western version though. Probably alot more lax if im gonna be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrious12 View Post
    If you are going to use this in the Western Release, you best keep it to yourself.

I doubt Sega will be a super strict about it as SE does with FFXIV, but in FFXIV it also is against the ToS to use parsers. But theirs no detecting it. However, if you mouth off to someone or talk about where you get the damage numbers from in XIV, it just takes one person to report, and you get a perma red flag on your account along with a 3 to 14 day ban depending on how many flags, 3 red flags and your permabanned, does not matter how many years apart they are either.

Will see how its enforced for the western version though. Probably alot more lax if im gonna be honest.
    This won't work on the western release due to the client and hooks will most likely be different.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    This won't work on the western release due to the client and hooks will most likely be different.
    Someone will definitely just write a new foundation for a similar plugin in the western version...I mean that's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrious12 View Post

people are going to do it no matter how hard they come down on it, just the nature of people unfortunately. While some people (like me) see it as a good thing, its naturally going to be used for mischievous purposes as well. I mean if Sega would put in testing rooms etc like WoW does then i wouldnt care for parser but its sadly the next best thing until then
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    The spyware was being bundled on the releases and not on the code on the repo itself. It's how the dude got away with it for a while until he slipped up and outted himself. As for your question, you have to change the assembly info, info description and whatever name it uses to display itself in the windows task manager to something NOT OverParse.

Once that is done, you don't need overmounter anymore. Basically, you need to make a significant change to the exe's name so that the MD5 hash changes and not use the same name as what OverParse had.
    Thanks a lot for the details! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    people are going to do it no matter how hard they come down on it, just the nature of people unfortunately. While some people (like me) see it as a good thing, its naturally going to be used for mischievous purposes as well. I mean if Sega would put in testing rooms etc like WoW does then i wouldnt care for parser but its sadly the next best thing until then
    Yea its fine if they do it, they can do what they want. Just as long as they are prepared to possibly lose their account by mouthing off in any which way about it.

Im all for doing the absolute best damage as possible myself, but I dont want someone harping on me about low dmg numbers as I try to figure out things, since my two main classes will be BO/HU and Hero. I been trying to find good guides explaining how to play these classes, found one for Hero, but many guides I seen for Bouncer contradicts other guides and its been confusing me.

Some guides say stick to one BO weapon and play accordingly, some guides say using both weapons is mandatory. Its a mess. And once game comes west, while im figuring stuff out, I dont need no super elitist giving me a hard time about my damage numbers as I try to collect the gear and such I need to use these two classes properly.
    Last edited by Alexandrious12; Jun 23, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

So this one is safe to use it again? o still has the spyware?
    https://github.com/mysterious64/OverParse