Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Question Why do people only use 1 Weak Bullet during Arms and then nothing for ages?

Here's something that's been bugging me for a long time:
    I've noticed that Weak Bullet users on Arms tend to just use one bullet and then nothing for around 3-5 minutes.

Weak Bullet's cooldown isn't that long.
    Is it common for people to only have 1 point in Weak Bullet or something?

Personally, I always have 10 points in WB.
    I preload WB immediately, then I fire it on as many nearby Arms' butts as possible.
    By the time it wears off, I can reapply it. I prioritize the Arms that people are focusing on.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 11, 2014 at 01:35 PM.

Maybe all Rangers aren't like you. :3

But I Do that too (pre-load WB then fire on Arms's butts)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Here's something that's been bugging me for a long time:
    I've noticed that Weak Bullet users on Arms tend to just use one bullet and then nothing for around 3-5 minutes.

Weak Bullet's cooldown isn't that long.
    Is it common for people to only have 1 point in Weak Bullet or something?

Personally, I always have 10 points in WB.
    I preload WB immediately, then I fire it on as many nearby Arms' butts as possible.
    By the time it wears off, I can reapply it. I prioritize the Arms that people are focusing on.
    One of my teammates critiqued someone applying WB to all arms as a bad ranger move. To which I responded, actually sounds like a great ranger move. Said team member did not know that all the arms share HP, and therefore thought each should be attacked and killed before moving to the next. Perhaps this thinking is common.
    Ship 2 - Something Legit
    Pugas...BR..70..HU..66
    Maria....TE..70..BR..52
    Aiden....RA..52..HU..28

I guess I just can't imagine why anyone would only put around 1 point into Weak Bullet.

Or are people waiting for the 1 bullet to wear off before using another one?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugas87 View Post
    One of my teammates critiqued someone applying WB to all arms as a bad ranger move. To which I responded, actually sounds like a great ranger move. Said team member did not know that all the arms share HP, and therefore thought each should be attacked and killed before moving to the next. Perhaps this thinking is common.
    Oh. That's a good point. Thanks.

Your arm runs take 3-5 minutes? Do people on your ship leave to bake cupcakes at the start of the fight or something?

Seems kind of pointless to bring just 1 bullet to the fight though, especially since capping WB doesn't hurt your tree in any way. I think you're just experiencing a really bad case of user error here.

Yeah, I've been in some really bad Arms runs in the past.
    I recall one of them taking at least 7 minutes. It was very painful.

It's basically like this:
    Battle starts. I wonder if we have a WB user. Nothing for a while. Eventually I see WB appear. Yay, a WBer!
    Then... after that, nothing again. For ages and ages.
    I run all over the place constantly checking for WBs. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Sometimes until the end of the entire battle.
    And I wonder... why??

I like my Arms runs to take around 10 seconds.
    Having WB on a bunch of Arms butts and then doing AOE stuff when they overlap deals ridiculously high damage.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Sep 11, 2014 at 11:55 AM.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Another possibility is they missed. Noticed on party leader earlier on Arms ..... He sometimes shot the first bullet on fingers (dunno if it's accidental or not), and then start running on back. It sometimes missed too, hitting the wrist ...... Sometimes, no WB at all .....

After their ammo depleted, might be forgetting they can reload it again. Though I admit, I did forget sometimes. Hopefully not too forgetful I'm not used to use rifle yet .... my days as rangers ..... I almost never touched rifle, I mostly use Gunslash and then Charge Shot.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I guess I just can't imagine why anyone would only put around 1 point into Weak Bullet.

Or are people waiting for the 1 bullet to wear off before using another one?

Oh. That's a good point. Thanks.
    People generally do this because most of the mpa will focus on a single arm (the one being stunned to death, hopefully).

If you have bravers or people with wide attacks though, putting WB on several arms is actually beneficial, as things like a fully powered Katana Finish will hit several arms for 300-600k each in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    People generally do this because most of the mpa will focus on a single arm (the one being stunned to death, hopefully).

If you have bravers or people with wide attacks though, putting WB on several arms is actually beneficial, as things like a fully powered Katana Finish will hit several arms for 300-600k each in one go.
    This would be great if the mpa had a hive mind (or at least followed other people's example) and could focus on one arm everytime. Most experiences I've had is a flipping free for all hit what you can. Some people don't even notice when an arm has WB (or believes it to be too far away) and continue to attack the arm they were previously attacking because reasons. That's where the multiple WBs on multiple butts comes in handy.
    Ship 2 - Something Legit
    Pugas...BR..70..HU..66
    Maria....TE..70..BR..52
    Aiden....RA..52..HU..28

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    After their ammo depleted, might be forgetting they can reload it again.
    Oh. I didn't think of that either. Thanks.
    I always load it as soon as the icon lights up.
    WB is just way too effective to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    I haven't seen people use Zondeel on Arms lately.
    I remember someone on these forums complaining about how people will stick to a single Arms even if WB is up on others.
    I always try to keep WB up on Arms that are near players, so people don't have to waste all their time chasing Arms around the whole map.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugas87 View Post
    This would be great if the mpa had a hive mind (or at least followed other people's example) and could focus on one arm everytime. Most experiences I've had is a flipping free for all hit what you can. Some people don't even notice when an arm has WB (or believes it to be too far away) and continue to attack the arm they were previously attacking because reasons. That's where the multiple WBs on multiple butts comes in handy.
    I find it comes in handy because Arms sometimes move constantly and nobody can get a hit in.
    If it's a decent group, focusing on a single Arms usually finishes the battle really quick, as long as it doesn't move.

Oh yeah... something else I keep seeing.
    Large groups of people keep fighting Arms up near Falz, and getting frozen/killed by his lasers.
    I wish they'd stop doing that.