If you haven't seen this chart, you can click on it to goto the original topic. Exact percents for grinding A ranks for each degree of luck.
the speed might be a way to tell if it's going to break or not. before you grind here's a message that says "connecting to server", so if it's going to break or not is already decided, wathcing it is part ceremony.
And real life luck > game luck. The probablities that the NPC's give are deceptive as they maybe "high", but you have to remember that the odds are not calculated for succeed for each successive grind, but each grind invividually. So making it to +5 may have somewhere around 60% odds of making it with 3* luck, and only 40% with 1* luck, but proabilities are not absolute so it's just a matter of observed trends.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-09-23 14:44 ]</font>