So, you’ve managed to save some meseta, you’ve got a decently leveled character, and few level 100 PMs, but – now that everything is in place, what do you spend you hard earned money on?
This is a temp guide that will help encourage players who may be confused about what to do with their meseta right now, up until November when AoI hits.
First a few facts:
The 1 UP cup event will have vastly increased drop rates.
1 of the prizes for the event will be increased synth percentage
AoI will do away with breaking of weapons during grinding
AoI increases average element % on weapons and armor
AoI synth percentages are higher
AoI has a host of new weapons/armor
Basically all this boils down to is that there are a lot of items in player shops that will see drastic price changes. That 10% Caliburn won’t be worth 250k. That phantom rifle +4 is certainly not worth 500k! Here are some tips
1. Strong buy/synth: Grinders. These are still worth the meseta all day (even if you are not making them yourself). A+8/+9/+10 will still help take a weapon to +10 if that is your eventual goal. Also, folks will be ‘regrinding’ – feeling that they will be satisfied with a +6/+7/+8 weapon
2. Strong buy: Boards, even if the synth % change, boards are still worth buying. Maybe even more so. You don’t have to put if in your PM right now. Think of all the ‘cheap’ armor and weapons boards that are in player shops right now because the synth % is low. When that number spikes…
3. Strong buy: Materials. When you are finally ready to synth, having all the vulcaline/ebon/resin/etc is going to be a pain unless you are diligent about collecting a lot of materials. Use this time to collect cheap mats in player shops. Especially mats like nanopolymer/mot walna/junaline and such. These mats are cheaper than they should be, because of the rarity of S rank boards. Remove the rarity and voila!
4. Feel free to synth low rank guns or wands - synth rates probably will cap at 90% or so, and who cares if you break 50 C rank wands getting a few to +10. The resale market on C rank stuff is negligible.
5. Medium buy: +10 weapons. Yes, that majimra +10 is really worth 5 million. Why? Because even though you don’t LOSE the weapon when you fail the grind, that particular weapon is never going to be able to hit +10, and it’s resale value will be…lower.
6. Medium buy: 50% elemental weapons. These coveted weapons will still be rare in AoI, so if someone already has made one, then it’s probably worth the $$.
7. Medium buy: Unit stats appear not to have changed for AoI. So a Me / Quick will still be worthy. The only exception to this is that folks need to realize that with increased ATP stats for all classes, AND elemental %s only affecting weapon ATP, there is a decrease in usefulness of ATP units. But a burn resist is a burn resist.
8. Medium buy: ‘cheap’ low percentage, higher rank elemental armor. The reason? If you are happy with low % armor, and plenty of gunners are, then you are in luck: AoI is changing armor so that higher rank will factor more prominently in the damage equation. So if someone is selling a Phantom Line, 14% dark for 100k? - grab it.
9. Low Buy: Kubara Weapons. I’ve got a feeling these will skyrocket in price once the grinding system changes. Many Kubara weapons have better ATP/PP stat once you hit +5/+6 then their counterparts, so if you are savvy, pick up cometaracs, unground alterics, decent % (24-2
melee weapons. At worst, you can resell them for more when the expansion hits, but in a best case scenario, you could have a superior weapon on your hands.