Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thumbs up PSU music enhancement patch (Update: Protector event July 2009)

Project : Make PSU a better place~ (Custom music and JP voice for PC users)

I think that many of the psu music consider as..... suck <<;
    It is unbearable to keep hunting/spaming the same music with those boring music, While it is not a good syncronize when you open the music from winamp. I alway feel that there are something that is lacking and Winamp doesn't provide me any helpful on that. After I read the music customize topic, I have making my own patch, and I have been handed them over for my friends, and they like it. so I guess I would like to share this to all of you guys who share the same interest or having the same problem about unsynchonize feeling between the game and winamp.
    To me myself, with these new song, I can spam all those same mission over and over without bored. I tried my best to choose the song in which are harder to get bored, and keep players entertain during battle as much as I can. Many of them are from PSO music, when the area is suitable.

Here are my patch :
    (I provide back up for your easiness to change Onward/ reverse backward)

patch 1
    Spoiler!

Patch 2

Spoiler!

Patch 3
    Spoiler!

Bonus patch!

Spoiler!

** add FFXIII battle theme for Shred of Darkness : Roar of Flame.

where to download

(direct download both patch and back up here : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cc681514d64c4db591b20cc0d07ba4d2f8dfe3d9 cc6b2c7d )
    or
    (search in official site : with the keyword "music" and author = "Arika-chan")

How to use it?
    -put the patch file in the DATA folder of PSU directory.

How to return the music back, if you dislike?

-put the back up files that i prepared in the DATA folder of PSU directory.

credit goes to Johnathan F for tutorial, and TrekkiesUnite118 for provide some PSO music)

JP voice link :(search in official site : http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193 with the keyword "music" and author = "Arika-chan")

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Project 1: if you have any suggestion idea, or more suitable song, you can help the community by uploading your own patch file to let other players try them out!!
    this will make PSU a better place for everybody, music is one of important factor for every game, especially the action game.
    It would be nice if you can upload your patch as 1 song per 1 song for people to choose.

Project 2 : need more research on this field, but as far as it goes, the JP voice patch really help you fix all the voice bug in Eng game that ST never fix. You will hear your character voice when you attack or casting technic, however, you can only choose few certain voice for now. (more detail in the link) If any of you can use her method to find out where the remain voice hind out among those files, we will have more JP voice option to choose.

-update 27/3/2009 : add alternative music for egg thieves to Patch 3
    -update 29/3/2009 : add new alternative music for HIVE to bonus patch.
    -
    update 22/4/2009 : add FFXIII battle theme for Shred of Darkness : Roar of Flame.-update 24/4/2009 : add FFXIII battle theme plus boss ~remix for Shred of Darkness : Roar of Flame.
    -update 4/7/2009 : add The last remnant tri-battles ~remix~
    -Last update 18/7/2009 : add Ice event music "Absolute Zero"
    ~remix from anything to make you feel cold~
    Last edited by Arika; Apr 29, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

oh i see, you edited the music the same way i did on ragdoll masters

well, seem that I can't hand stuff in publish here, so contract me personally by soo many other ways then.
    give me some feedback after you tried it

hey does this work offline too?

i deactivated my psu online account, and i just reformatted my computer so the only one i'll even be able to test out for now would be the log in (i think)
    cause i'd have to level up my character offline to try them all out

or i suppose i could always reactivate my psu account...

should be work there too.

Some of the music is interesting and nice, with it.
    What I'd like to do with my spare time, sometime, is just do all the music from PSO Ep. III and IV and replace all of PSU's music with that. XD I can think of a few places where it is needed.
    Pretty nice though! Thanks again!
    Tired of wanting nice awesome looking weapons, and having trouble getting those high %'s? Aren't quite strong enough to reach that goal?
    Not a problem, Contact Lyzael and Sensei for assistance! Because every GUARDIAN Deserves to have fun! Don't be afraid to send a PM!

Lol XD *Laughs.* Prepare yourself!

hmm so far the only one i've tried is character make over, and it didnt work

by the way, to switch the music in the game, dont you need to convert each song to a certain file type?
    and what file type is that?

as far as i know it

1. convert each song you want to that file type
    2. rename that song to the same name as the song in the area you want
    3. replace the old song with the new song of your choice with the same name in the data folder

atleast thats how i changed the names of the songs on ragdoll masters, is it different for psu?

oh and btw, when i unpacked the file it said 2 of the files were corrupted :/
    so maybe its just 2 of the songs that wont work for me, idk
    Last edited by Squeezit; Sep 29, 2008 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezit View Post
    hmm so far the only one i've tried is character make over, and it didnt work

by the way, to switch the music in the game, dont you need to convert each song to a certain file type?
    and what file type is that?

as far as i know it

1. convert each song you want to that file type
    2. rename that song to the same name as the song in the area you want
    3. replace the old song with the new song of your choice with the same name in the data folder

atleast thats how i changed the names of the songs on ragdoll masters, is it different for psu?

oh and btw, when i unpacked the file it said 2 of the files were corrupted :/
    so maybe its just 2 of the songs that wont work for me, idk
    So I guess the change is only affect online then? well I never test offline, you might want to try other mission?

basically, that is correct, but you also need to make the music loop too,
    Last edited by Arika; Sep 29, 2008 at 01:15 PM.

well then how do i make the music loop?
    what type of file do i need to convert them to? (and what program do you use to convert the files to whatever file type? all my PSO music is .mp3 format)
    sorry for all the questions, but i'd be happy to add my own versions if i can get it working =3

ok i got it working offline btw (i thought i extracted them properly, but i extracted them into another folder in the data folder....oops!)
    but i still have those questions, and how do you know which data file is the song you want to change?
    (so if i want to change that boring lobby music for example, how do i find which file is the lobby music?)
    Last edited by Squeezit; Sep 29, 2008 at 01:22 PM.

Well, the detail should be on the link? Johnathan thread,
    basically, you need the first program to change it to wav file type.
    and then, you just use another program to see the position where you want the loop to start and end (just only to make note of position only)
    after you know the position, you use another program to make loop. and it will be adx loop music.

(the program name are all there, you can just google them )
    Last edited by Arika; Sep 29, 2008 at 02:04 PM.