Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Portable JP -> US Save Data Conversion Tutorial

So, want to play the characters you made on the JP version of Phantasy Star Portable on the US version you just bought? I have a nice, shiny tutorial for you.

You'll have to do this if you want to play those characters with other people who only have the US version, since the geniuses at Sonic Team made multiplayer region-incompatible.

DISCLAIMER: You need custom firmware. I repeat, you need custom firmware. If you do not have it, you will need to find someone who does, (or you can send your JP savefile to me in an attachment) or install it yourself. I am NOT responsible for the warranty you void by installing custom firmware. (Though it's so easy nowadays if you have the right tools...ESPECIALLY if you have a phat PSP (1000 series)).

WARNING: This WILL overwrite your US data. Be sure to back up your savefile before trying it.

YOU WILL NEED:
    A copy of Phantasy Star Portable US.
    A copy of Phantasy Star Portable JP.
    A PSP with Firmware v. 5.02 M33-4 or later installed.
    The CFW plugin Save Game Deemer found at http://w17.easy-share.com/1700613458.html

1. Download.
    2. Extract the file and copy the seplugins folder to the root of your memory stick. If you already have one, say yes to all.
    3. rename game.txt.new file to game.txt. If you are asked to replace an existing game.txt, cancel and copy the line of text in game.txt.new to game.txt.
    - Checklist:
    [](letter):/seplugins/deemerh.prx
    [](letter):/seplugins/game.txt - containing the line "ms0:/seplugins/deemerh.prx"
    4. Restart your PSP and hold R to enter recovery mode.
    5. Enter your plugins menu and enable deemerh.prx.
    6. Exit the recovery menu and start up your US Phantasy Star Portable. You will know the plugin is working if it takes especially long to load the save data.
    7. Enter the game (with any character) and save again. This will write data to a new save directory in an unencrypted file. Again, it should take a long time. Exit the game.
    8. Repeats steps 6 and 7 for your JP Phantasy Star Portable.
    9. Now hook your PSP back up to your PC. Navigate to (letter):/PSP. You should see a new folder named SAVEPLAIN. Open it. Inside there are two folders: ULJM0530900 and ULUS1041000. These contain the JP and US save data, respectively.
    10. Copy SDDATA.BIN and SDINFO.BIN from the ULJM folder to the ULUS folder, overwriting the original data in the ULUS folder.
    11. Start up your US Phantasy Star Portable. You should now be able to see your JP version character.
    12. Enter the game with that character.
    13. Save and exit. Then restart your PSP and put it into recovery mode once more. Disable the deemer plugin, so the game won't load and save games so goddamned slow.
    14. PLAYAN
    Last edited by Iriscal; Mar 5, 2009 at 02:00 PM.

can you help me out? i dont have the jp version anymore so i cant convert my savedata
    can you do it for me?
    my jp save is this one
    http://www.easy-share.com/1903902490/ULJM05309.zip
    Last edited by Dhylec; Mar 5, 2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: use JP or japanese

question.. will this overwrite any current characters you have saved on your US version?

IE picked slot 1 for my us demo import..

slot 1 on my J save is the character i want to bring over

if i do the above as yousaid would my new us save file have slot 1 as the J character therby erasing my US dude??

if so.. booo where were you 3 days ago lol

if not i may give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Stixxx View Post
    question.. will this overwrite any current characters you have saved on your US version?

IE picked slot 1 for my us demo import..

slot 1 on my J save is the character i want to bring over

if i do the above as yousaid would my new us save file have slot 1 as the J character therby erasing my US dude??

if so.. booo where were you 3 days ago lol

if not i may give it a try
    Sadly, it does overwrite your US data, but you can always back your savefile up on your computer.

Hi can you please convert my JP saved game to US can't wait to play this in US even though its level 90++ when you get to that level on story mode its not challenging anymore just looking for nice drops from bosses.

http://www.easy-share.com/1903904900/ULJM05309.zip

thank you in advance

I will be covering all requests in this thread over the weekend.

Might as well NOT convert my character, since I'd be bored going through the story with a level 100...

To confirm, it's impossible to "splice" my JP save together with the characters saved on my US save?
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    To confirm, it's impossible to "splice" my JP save together with the characters saved on my US save?
    Probably is, but it would require game save hacking.

Hmmmm, I converted my save file...and something weird happened when I started playing my old character from my JP file, now in my english file.

Basically, while in my JP file, I had around 8k exp to level 93. So I did one mission...and after nearly completing it, I realized I had yet to level up, from SEED awakened on S. WTF?

I check the exp to next level... something like...11136000.

WHAT. THE. HELL?
    私の愛、私の夢、私の心。

It happens to all characters who you do that with. Consider it punishment for being a baka gaijin.

After you level once with the super rates, it'll return to normal.