Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default October 9th official site update + PSU Chronicle

A few things were updated on the official site today.

Characters
    Ursula and Chelsea now have their own pages. The bios listed are the same that were in the Famitsu magazine.

Ursula: A woman as smart as she is beautiful, Ursula is skilled in many different areas. However, she has had to sacrifice her private life because she is so busy. She has known Crouch and Chelsea since before Little Wing was formed.

Chelsea: Little Wing's receptionist and account. She is a hard worker but her clothes and the strange way she talks often causes misunderstandings. She has known Emelia for a long time and is like a big sister to her and they often talk together.

New Items
    There is a page about new items. I think all of these were also listed in the Famitsu scan. And yes, the Dragon Slayer is now called the Dilan Slayer It wasn't just a misprint on Famitsu's part. Just to reitterate, here's a list of the weapons left to right, top to bottom:
    • Absolute Blade (double saber)
    • Svaltia Tomahawk (axe)
    • Magical Piece (wand)
    • Obsidian (twin handgun)
    • Gurre Las Sagitaus (grenade launcher)
    • Nightmare Dust (twin claw)
    • Shitenji Hiken (slicer)
    • Dilan Slayer (sword)
    • Ultimis (shield)

PSO Fields
    There are a few pictures of the PSO fields but if you've done the rare missions on AotI, you've probably already them. There are also a few pictures of the PSO enemies you might run in to somewhere along the line.

Nanoblast / SUV
    The new nanoblasts and SUVs show up but this is also old news thanks to Famitsu. Just to go over it though, there are pictures of the silver and black nanoblasts along with pictures of the Vivian Punisher, Air Ride Cluster, Bigs Impact, and Flame Panzer. The Vivian Punisher even gets Vivian's back halo thing.

Fun Fan!
    Lastly, and likely most interestingly, we have the third episode of Fun Fan Phantasy Star Portable 2 up. It's the Tokyo Game Show edition and has two parts. This is the first half and this is the second half. The first half includes the the "5 points of SUPER Evolution" video. This video was disected a few weeks back by Shogai and WBMike but now you can see it for yourself. The second half contains some actual play video. Dragon Sakai and Arisa Noto take Toro and Kuro for a romp through the Forest. Notice that when Sakai emotes, Toro and Kuro mimic him! You can see the Calem Fluge on the newman character at the begining. The music is straight out of PSO as well. A little before half way through the second video, a boosted Savage Wolf shows up. At least I think that's what that aura is. A few more rooms in from there, Dragon Sakai lets off the lightning mirage blast.

Official Blog
    The official blog has also been updated. Sakai tells us some things about the Fun Fan! episode and posts a design for the lightning mirage blast.

PSU Chronicle
    I recieved my copy of the PSP1 Best today. The episode summaries were pretty nice. It wasn't a complete retelling but it gave a nice overview if you hadn't played the games. The current population of Gurhal falling in to the ancient civilization's "trap" bit is rather confusing but makes the story more interesting. It was mentioned on the official blog that the PSP2 opening song included on the video disc included was different that the version we've heard online so far. It is different. I'm not a music person but it sounds like the pitch has been lowered slightly. The music is also quiter but the vocals are the same giving the song a slightly quiter impression. You can see for yourself though. I do apologize for the poor quality of the video, this is the best I could muster out of my cables.

EDIT: I think I'm done editing now. I really need to do all this formating before I actually post.
    Last edited by Mike; Oct 9, 2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

I suppose having a 'De Ragan Slayer' and a 'Dragon Slayer' would have been kind of similar... I just hope we don't have to fight the 'Dilan' at the end of the Forest stage.
    Speaking of the Forest stage, was that flying enemy supposed to be a Mothmant?
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    Speaking of the Forest stage, was that flying enemy supposed to be a Mothmant?
    That's a "Stingy." It's supposed to look like a mothmant.

CAN'T WAIT...

That's quite some info. I don't mind the PSO retros, it's always nice to see new content.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

thank a lot Mike

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Youtube'd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xiz9MLFCDE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu5iMFoF3kc

Well that opening theme is slightly different, almost sounds like a rehearsal.
    Last edited by WBMike; Oct 9, 2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: merge

Cult of Cast Supremacy Raven5_1's Avatar

is chelsea a cast?

Yes, she is.

Okay, I need to know this because it's driving me crazy. In the 'Second Promo' video, what the Hell is the announcer saying before each number. What the Hell is 'Cho Schinka' or whatever he's saying?