Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Default Five free Photon Boosters!

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/sup...tice_20091222/

This update doesn't have an actual release date yet but Sega have put out a long list of bugs and fixes, apparently using the Mimic Doll in your room is a possible cause of the vanishing room decorations glitch, so don't put it in your room until they make a fix!

Also someone correct me if this is wrong but it seems all Passwords and Title Rewards that give room decorations will be reset so you can claim them again, I'm not sure if this applies to everyone or just the people who lost things (though I'm not sure how they could properly determine who lost things) but at least you can get the things back now!

Theres a few other minor fixes and lastly, to compensate everyone for all this unpleasantness there will be a Password for 5 Photon Boosters! (Why thats a GUARDIANs Uniform and an Eggblaster! Thank you Sega!)
    Makes me glad this game doesn't have Photon Fortune, otherwise we'd be getting that as "compensation"... xD

Though that is really interesting because it means that, unless they planned ahead to use the password function as compensation for errors and inserted a bunch of passwords for '(x) Item', that they can add passwords at any time with updates.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Wooo sounds like good compensation to me. I didn't have a mimic doll and my room decos still bit the dust though :/ had nothing that's one time only in there atleast. Was gonna force myself to do the fanta missions for the guardians uniform but with this news I see no reason too~

hackers found the password yet?
    saw bunch of hacks for psp2 on gamefaqs

Good to hear, I need to claim my stuffs back ;_;

they can give 2nd chance password for everybody, because it really doesn't matter on anything when people can always choose % they want by reset method. one more doesn't make different. (all are weak stuffs anyway)

But what about titiles reward? D:

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Title rewards will be reset so you can claim them again using the second option on your vision phone menu it seems. Also the reset only applies to Titles and Passwords that give room decorations, so you can't get weapons, costumes or anything else again. :P
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amherst_Wind View Post
    Title rewards will be reset so you can claim them again using the second option on your vision phone menu it seems. Also the reset only applies to Titles and Passwords that give room decorations, so you can't get weapons, costumes or anything else again. :P
    very good and fair!

... why use ":P" ?

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

In case anyone thought they would be getting their whole title collection rewards again, and would be rich with weapons and trade items. :P

Just wrote up a translation of this over at PSUPf. I'll copy-paste to give details on the other fixes coming with this update.

--

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/sup...tice_20091222/

In regards to the recent online bugs, final checks on the fixes have been completed, and the update data is being created. A date of distribution for this fix is being decided, and an announcement will be made once a date is set in stone.

This update will cover the following six items.

Sporadic room decoration changes
    * There is a small chance of room decorations changing when playing online.

Disappearing room decorations
    * It was discovered that the Mimic Doll was behind the bug which caused room decorations to disappear while playing online.
    * Until this bug is fixed, please do not place a Mimic Doll in your room.

Title/password item compensation
    * Room decorations that were received through one-time-only passwords and title rewards will be available again. After this update has gone into effect, simply access the vision phone in your room. You will be able to select "Receive title items" to recollect those decorations and "Input password" to use the item passwords again.

Concerning trial version import data
    * Players who imported their trial version save data to the retail version have experienced a bug due to the save data importing incorrectly.

Concerning damage indication
    * This update will correct issues related to lag in internet multi-mode which causes damage inflicted to enemies to not display correctly.
    * This update will not apply to ad-hoc multi-mode, as the effect is minimal at best.

Concerning excessive trap damage
    * When a combo finisher is executed, the power of the photon art which caused it is added to the power of any traps set off at that time, giving traps an incredibly large boost in damage. This will be corrected in this update as it has a negative effect on game balance.

As an apology for these issues, all players will be given five Photon Boosters for free (to be issued via the password system). The password for this compensation will be issued at the same time as this update.

--

Writing up a front page story for PSOW right now.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post

Concerning trial version import data
    * Players who imported their trial version save data to the retail version have experienced a bug due to the save data importing incorrectly.
    Sooooo, what was this bug?

Sweet so it is for everyone.
    Now I can have a table with two Ogi Heads on it... awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Sooooo, what was this bug?
    Wasn't it something to do with, if you didn't complete all the missions on the trial version before you imported then something went wrong? Its on the bugs page of the wiki somewhere...