PSO-World.com Phantasy Star NewsPSOW ForumsPSU Items DatabaseGuides Database
Register Site Links FAQ/Rules Forums Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PSO-World.com Forums > Phantasy Star Online 2 > PSO2 General
Reload this Page Character Names

Character Names
Old
  (#1)
Have fun! :D

Default Character Names - 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM

What is your inspiration for your character`s names?

In PSO2, I will probably use at least two names I`ve used before: Googlebonker and Rhonda. Maybe Uvueanthoranmarinia, too, but I`ll want to see how much character space there`ll be.

The word "googlebonker" is a "made-up word" from 1st or 2nd grade. I started using it online. Anywhere you`ve seen a Googlebonker, it was probably me. I think I`ve seen a "GoogleBonker" once.

Old
  (#2)
Hunters Guild Hunter

PSŲ FC: 2708-1700-8950
  Send a message via AIM to AlexCraig Send a message via MSN to AlexCraig Send a message via Yahoo to AlexCraig Send a message via Skype™ to AlexCraig 
Default 12-15-2010, 06:39 PM

My main character is me. So... simple enough. Though I want him to look like his PSO self.

A few of my other characters I just pulled names from a book, like Satsuki.

AR-7, being a RAcast, is Animatronic Ranger 7

And Bob... he has a long story behind him. Short story, TimeSplitters Future Perfect. Wanted to name him John Q Public, but didn't have enough digits. So I went short and named him Bob. He was a security then. He was a RAmar in PSO. A stormtrooper in SW Battlefront 2. And a random spartan in Halo series.

Hunters Guild Social Group | Legend of Zelda: The Book of Mudora | Ace Trainers United
Alex - HUmar - WHITILL - LV131
Satsuki - RAcaseal - VIRIDIA - LV53
Keiko - FOnewearl - SKYLY - LV23
Bob - RAmar - BLUEFULL - LV12

Old
  (#3)
たたり過去

Send a message via Skype™ to HUkyasuto Mk.2 
Default 12-15-2010, 07:02 PM

HUcast. (You know.)

RAcast ( That ^ )

Diablo ( HUmar i inhered when i started psogc For the first time. He was Lv.17.)

HUbeastarl ( Was my friends idea but... It was my PSU Atoti. Not his. I Came up with the name. He made her.)

FOnewm( Check Above Again! )

Sakura ( A homage to the good ol anime called "Cardcaptors"... Good times. Good times.)

Suzy ( Little bro's PSP2 Char. Honestly i have no idea how.)

Old
  (#4)
Needs More Coffee

Send a message via Skype™ to LK1721 
Default 12-15-2010, 07:31 PM

LK1721, LK or LK17 for short.
LK is taken from the L&K 14 Combat mech guns from PSO, they were among my favorite weapons.
17 and 21 are my lucky numbers.

Black Knight
Named my first HUcast that in around 3rd grade on the GC. Shortly after watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Aria
Always liked the name and it is also a homage to my favorite manga series, ARIA.

Abelard
When my brother played Diablo 2 with me he suggested that as a name for my Paladin.

Old
  (#5)
The EGA Warrior

PSŲ FC: 2966-8632-0667
  Send a message via MSN to Sinue_v2  
Default 12-15-2010, 07:31 PM

Don't know, and I probably won't know until I'm at the character creation screen. A lot will depend on the customization options and what flows from it... then let the character speak to me. Though I have been kicking around a few possibilities for a female wartecher/HUnewearl type Numan female.

If she has a softer look; Nicaea or Nicene.
The name comes from a unification council in early Christian history under Emperor Constantine.

If she has a harder look; Perestroika (Maybe corrupted, like Perez Troika, or Paristroika, or some-such. Could also be a good RAcaseal name to carry the torch of my PSO caseal) Perestroika means "Reconstruction" in Russian, and it was a political movement during Gorbachev's rule.

For a male character... maybe Alyosha for a human male, or Orestes for a Cast male.
Alyosha is the name of a character from The Bros. Karamazov, and Orestes is the name of the 5th century prefect of Alexandria who clashed with the Bishop (St.) Cyril over whether the city should be Christian or remain secular - ending in the burning of the library of Alexandria by hordes of angry Christians and the brutal murder of the philosopher Hypatia.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Last edited by Sinue_v2; 12-15-2010 at 08:03 PM..

Old
  (#6)
go cry about it on tumblr

Default 12-15-2010, 07:43 PM

I just give my characters random names (sometimes real names sometimes not) that I think sound cool.

Spoiler!

Old
  (#7)
[゚д゚] < ナカソネティーチャー

PSŲ FC: 1977-4295-4135

Default 12-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Depending on how classes work in PSO2, my gun using robot will be named Lachesis and my human melee guy will be Foln. Both of these are the names of PSO characters and they've stuck around for the other PS games.

Old
  (#8)
Cast Mechanic

PSŲ FC: 0217 7007 4819

Default 12-15-2010, 08:51 PM

Helga
Basalt
Olivine
Andesite
Chocomochiko

HELGA Lv100 HUmarl
My PSO-World Art Thread || MY VIDEO GAME WEBCOMIC
My deviantART FC: 0217 7007 4819

Old
  (#9)
Have fun! :D

Default 12-15-2010, 08:55 PM

Uvueanthoranmarinia was a name I came up with when trying to fill or nearly fill the space for a character name in PSU. Her name was partially based off "Uvueanna," a name I once used for Yuffie in Final Fantasy 7.

Noelem Ahc came from the word "chameleon" (look at it backwards). He was a PSU character, so I could change his skin color.

Old
  (#10)
Snipers, CHARGE!

Default 12-15-2010, 09:54 PM

I have always used the name Max for almost anything i do online. it started with my first PSOgc character, and iv always liked the name, so i stuck with it.

I request a dance of intellect, put on your thinking shoes!