Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

oh looks like im gonna keep subscribing until i get my code
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Premium Users only huh? LOL Crud. I'm still up in the air about resubbing to JP PSU after my incident months ago. IF I do make it, rest assured, I'll be abusing the hell out of Youtube's upload feature for a good while. And maybe some screenies.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Got an email from the PSOBB address today about the alpha codes. The PSOBB related codes will also be distributed on the 24th of Feburary. That means the PSP2i codes, PSOBB codes, and first set of PSU codes will all come out on the same day.

The biggest issue for me right now is this being JAPAN ONRY.
    I don't mind if it's only for the Japanese versions getting the codes. But I'm worried if they will revoke you alpha status if they find out you're not Japanese.

The PSP2i blog has some information on the alpha codes and a bit on how the participants in the alpha test are picked. When you register a code, there is a questionaire to fill out. Your answers on this questionaire determine your chance to win a place in the alpha test. Things like having a PC that meets the minimum specs, having played previous Phantasy Star games, and having played a lot will make it more likely that you are chosen.

Will one of the questions be about current region you are residing? (i.e. outside of Japan)
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The PSP2i blog has some information on the alpha codes and a bit on how the participants in the alpha test are picked. When you register a code, there is a questionaire to fill out. Your answers on this questionaire determine your chance to win a place in the alpha test. Things like having a PC that meets the minimum specs, having played previous Phantasy Star games, and having played a lot will make it more likely that you are chosen.
    That seems kind of naive, people can just lie

I'm surprised an Alpha will be ready that fast, they said they started development together with infinity, what would that be... 15 months? is that enough to show something good enough? and what worries me the most, if development is that "advanced", where is the western announcement? where is the global support? what this game needs the least is another case like PSU and PSP2, where players from the japanese server get all the content, while the rest of the world gets the left overs.

If they cared about the "global support" they would not limit that Alpha to the japanese players, there are plenty of players on the 360 server paying month after month their subscription, if PSP2i gets a code, there is no sense the other paying customers get nothing.

hopefully it's been in development longer than that.

Unless it's just the core PSP2 engine modified, in which case they dont really have much to change outside animations and environments. Im praying its the former.

PSU might have discouraged them from even doing shit with us anymore. Not like they tried very hard, anyway.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I don't think we can worry about being screwed over...If we got psp1...

PSP that handheld nobody cared about untill square-enix started throwing stuff on it. and PSU that uber unpopular game in america...Then I'm sure we'll get PSO2...

As for the Alpha test...It doesn't surprise me if it's JP public knowledge only...I've only heard of alpha tests for games that interest me a few times in my whole life...

Now If we're not in the closed/open beta tests...that's another story... But even if we get the game later like we did psu, hopefully it'd still be "global support" other wise this game's gonna have to be REALLY. GOOD. If we wanna avoid psu drama all over again

As far as development...I just hope they don't screw up like PSU/FF14 and release to early...But at least FF14 pulled back to do some re-tweaking...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.