PSO-World.com Phantasy Star NewsPSOW ForumsPSU Items DatabaseGuides Database
Register Site Links FAQ/Rules Forums Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PSO-World.com Forums > Community > Off-topic
Reload this Page Game What are you currently playing?

Old
  (#1451)
Healing Wind

Default 03-22-2012, 11:12 AM

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
It's basically a Fable / Elder Scrolls style RPG with God of War combat. <3 Super addictive.

I look forward to breaking into some Tales of Graces f soon, hopefully. Always a Tales sucker, love the co-op, love yelling at my friends, haha. "Heal me! Heal m- oh, great, I'm dead" "Well, next time, try freaking RUNNING AWAY rather than standing there taking the hits when you're down in the red..."

Old
  (#1452)
Modus rappys

PSŲ FC: 3309-4698-9369

Default 03-22-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
It's basically a Fable / Elder Scrolls style RPG with God of War combat. <3 Super addictive.

I look forward to breaking into some Tales of Graces f soon, hopefully. Always a Tales sucker, love the co-op, love yelling at my friends, haha. "Heal me! Heal m- oh, great, I'm dead" "Well, next time, try freaking RUNNING AWAY rather than standing there taking the hits when you're down in the red..."
Graces really encourages dodging and blocking in it's combat system - enemies can clock you pretty hard, even if your level is good. But then, you can just dodge and be rewarded CC with which to hammer them, or block and then counter with unblockable attacks.

Currently about to the end of Graces. Lost a bit of sidequesting progress last night when I explored with the airship. Found a hidden area, went in, got thrown into a battle... and the enemy had a scripted self destruct game over. Of course, there was no retry for that fight, unlike bosses, so... yeah. Hadn't saved, because turning in items is fairly low risk! (And the game is good about putting save points where you're about to fight something nasty)

I am enjoying the combat system. It feels fairly constricting early on, when you can't do much, but it really gets going later...

Also playing ME3's multiplayer, LoL, and the like at the moment.

Coming Soon!

Old
  (#1453)
Graphic Designer-ish.

Send a message via MSN to Rashiid  
Default 03-22-2012, 11:29 PM

LOL you got trolled by that self-destruct enemy as well? The second I saw it I knew who/what it was, I just didn't expect...that. And I was playing on Moderate so...I took about 10k~15k damage each time before I put it on Easy just for that fight. It's not even like it's a fight....just "don't die from this - LOL TOO LATE."

I like the CC system but I still prefer TP. I feel more...in control of what I'm doing in TP than CC. I do like the swag-dashing we can do though. Good news is:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/22...lia-trademark/

ID: Haseyo FO
Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

Old
  (#1454)
寝刃

Default 03-23-2012, 12:12 AM

I actually did that same dungeon last night too. And yes, I notice they're gonna blow up and I try to back away. No, they always like to do while I'm mid-air combo. D: Oh, I never looked into it, but there's an item at the end of it. "Hero's staff". Who is that? I must know the inside joke. D:

Last edited by Resanoca; 03-23-2012 at 04:02 AM..

Old
  (#1455)
Homemade Noodles

Send a message via Skype™ to Weeaboolits 
Default 03-23-2012, 06:59 AM

I managed to survive on that fight, but I didn't save because I wasted my last all divide and there wasn't a reward for the fight, so I decided I would come back later.

Old
  (#1456)
Modus rappys

PSŲ FC: 3309-4698-9369

Default 03-23-2012, 10:18 PM

I went in with Asbel using a Damage > X halved title. Guarded. Survived... with like 20% HP.

Coming Soon!

Old
  (#1457)
Graphic Designer-ish.

Default 03-23-2012, 10:22 PM

Just finished Graces F.
That last boss....don't underestimated that mofo. You can PM me for any tips, but I'll keep it 100% spoil free as well.
Time to finish Innocence now.

Old
  (#1458)
blace is Online
Banana=Death

Send a message via Skype™ to blace 
Default 03-24-2012, 12:22 AM

I got curious as to how well made Graces f was and played it. Don't really like the overused childhood trauma and the typical hero that wants to get stronger to protect everyone approach.

Aside from that, I found the battle system to be well made. Just wish their idea of a hero wasn't so overused or how his clothes resemble something from the 70's.

Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Old
  (#1459)
Graphic Designer-ish.

Default 03-24-2012, 12:29 AM

The second I got Yuri Lowell's costume, I put that on the rest of the game except the end since I liked the battle theme of the final area better (if a costume is from another Tales game, then it'll play a battle theme from it. Yuri = Alexei's theme.)

Old
  (#1460)
Outlander

Send a message via AIM to Reksanden Send a message via Skype™ to Reksanden 
Default 03-24-2012, 01:01 AM

Tactics Ogre, PSP version.

Tags
current, games, playing