Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Enemies

Default Update: Enemies

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...t-screenshots/

Posted by Ricardo
    Some new Phantasy Star Online 2 screenshots of attacking enemies. We’re currently reading the email at the moment.

Goodmorning, Today Bonkohara released an email newsletter revealing on July 26th, they will hold a media briefing for Phantasy Star Online 2. This media briefing will talk about the setting, concept, and races for PSO2. As such, Sakai will give a presentation showing off PSO2 and will release information on the official site and related sites when ready.
    With much pleading by Bunkohara, Sakai has allowed us to watch the event on Nico Nico Douga. (You’ll need a Nico Nico Douga account if you want to watch any videos from that site). Please check out Sakai’s blog on the 25th for information about the broadcast.

Here’s Sue (in a blue name) throwing an enemy around. You can use this feature to attack an enemy from a distance.

This guy looks similar to a gorilla type enemy from the Forest. Kind of like the Hildebear, but it’s not his name. Such big hands, why he could throw someone with that. His size is considerably large, it would make more sense to compare his height by checking out the last image.

See he’s quite big, there’s there’s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7…8? Hmm somehow there’s a lot of people fighting this one enemy.
    Nice stuff! The monster looks a little weird though.

From what I posted in the info thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    That one party screen doesn't make sense to me..... There's only 4 players listed on the side.... But there's 8 characters on screen; 5 with white names, 3 with blue names.... However, the white names correspond with the names on the side. However, in the other picture with Sue, all of the names of your party characters are blue.... Ugh, now I'm confused.

I have a feeling this might actually turn out to be an open world rather than instanced missions... o-o They did say they really wanted to create a sense of adventure and an open world certainly would achieve that... Not sure if I'd like it though.

That one new weapon looks.... Interesting. Also, I see hidden meseta in the first screen. :3c

From what I posted in the info thread...
    Is this information posted in another thread? I apologize. I did a quick search and couldn't....

....wait... it's probably that sticky I never check, huh?

EDIT: Damnit!

Also, I spy with my little eye..... A SABER.

EDIT: And also, in the first pic with Sue... That looks like a handgun that the RAcast is holding.... It just looks really stupid, cuz like..... It looks like they used the Rifle holding animation for the handgun because they haven't made one yet. So there are MASSIVE clipping issues going on there.

EDIT 2: We can now see that the bar under the HP and PP bars is the EXP bar.
    Last edited by •Col•; Jul 22, 2011 at 06:47 AM.

That one party screen doesn't make sense to me..... There's only 4 players listed on the side.... But there's 8 characters on screen; 5 with white names, 3 with blue names.... However, the white names correspond with the names on the side. However, in the other picture with Sue, all of the names of your party characters are blue.... Ugh, now I'm confused.
    The player's party (names on the side) is definitely the blue name in both cases. The main character on the lower screenshot is the FOmar. Also is that a rod attack, dodge, and foie I spy on his pallet?

And Sue's whip-like weapon definitely reminds me of doing the same grab and twirling style in werehog combat on Unleashed. I definitely like where this game is going for melee, but it seems like Ranger and Force will be even more boring and tedious in comparison than it was in PSU.

EDIT:

It also looks like they have a lot less HP in this screenshot than the previous ones. The HUnewearl has 240 and the FOmar has 220. I cannot tell if it is level 5 or 9. But this is much less than the HUmar with 800 anyway. And the PP seems to be 100 in both cases.

But, more important than that, what is the RAcast in the right corner of image 3 using? I want to say twin sabers, but a weapon that ambiguous is impossible to tell.
    Last edited by Pillan; Jul 22, 2011 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    The player's party (names on the side) is definitely the blue name in both cases. The main character on the lower screenshot is the FOmar.
    Yeah but in that picture, there are 5 names in white and only 3 in blue. There are 4 party members listed on the left side... And 5 seems like a weird cutoff for NPC characters, so I'm guessing it'd be 6.... Which just seems overboard to me.

That's why I'm confused.

Yeah but in that picture, there are 5 names in white and only 3 in blue. There are 4 party members listed on the left side... And 5 seems like a weird cutoff for NPC characters, so I'm guessing it'd be 6.... Which just seems overboard to me.

That's why I'm confused.
    I assume the fourth one is the HUmar with the name covered by the text box. However, that could very well be one of the other party's team members and the fourth guy could be off screen somewhere. But there are definitely five white names, as you said.

And that could mean a number of things, such as a lot of NPCs, at least some non-instanced areas, the ability to invite at least 2 other parties to join you on a quest, etc. It is really too early to say, but I assume it will be cleared up with the next announcement.

WOW, Hey, who's the guy who called the "whip like attack throwing enemies?"

You were spot on, dude. If i had an E-cookie you'd get one.

1) looks like you'll be playing with more than one team of people.

2) Looks like forces can cast in the air.

3) I was right, those were neither Sabers nor Daggers Sue was carrying.

4) I spy a SABER, with the original Saber "ready stance" animation going on. Oh boy yes.

5) Is...that a Mag on that Racast's back in the last picture? It looks too off of the color scheme to be part of his outfit...

6) That Hildebear is freaking epic. Fighting with 2 teams seems awesome, but i can only imagine the hell with one.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Jul 22, 2011 at 08:14 AM.

Looks awesome so far IMO.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

That Ramar looks epic in that last screen shot, man. I actually dig that outfit alot, at least so far from the back.

On first glance i thought that was a Hucaseal with that hair, but now from the stance (and rifle) im pretty positive thats a Ramarl.

And jesus christ, that Rockbear is literally boss sized. If he's truely a miniboss type enemy like in PSO, then the bosses are about to be taken up to eleven on this game. If he can actually pick you up and THROW you like the caption suggests, then i'll be so happy. It means they're finally going to allow more than 2 states for you to be damaged in. (hit back and Knocked Down)

Pay close attention to these outfits, guys. In the last screenshot, Racast has an object on him that 1) resembles a mag and 2) do not belong on his original outfit. Maybe it's a mag? Or maybe a Frame? (A neat alternative to lineshields, lol)

Finally, if you guys look at the Action Pallete down there, it looks like the tiny "R" has been put there once again. Perhaps this means you're able to Switch now? It was not there in the original screenshots or the video. In fact, alot of HUD things have changed a bit. It's a bit disappointing to know the EXP bar is not the PB gauge (even though the PSO one was shared with your color icon so wutever), but i noticed they put the Enemy Data window back in the bottom right corner, and the icons are different.

Edit: No, pretty much confirmed at this point the Window Switching is back. If you look really closely under her attack buttons on the first screenshot, there's a tiny text that says "Shift".

Edit Again:

And also, if you notice (and i pretty much knew they'd do this), that thing we spectulated to be a "Combo Gauge" or the "Chain Gauge" has been removed for the last screenshot, which appears to belong to the Force.

Hot damn. What a wonderful thing to look at as i drink my morning coffee! Man i love this franchise.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Jul 22, 2011 at 08:36 AM.