Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default Palette and Unit setups.

Hey everyone. I started up this thread because... I'm very curious how others play this game. When we play with eachother online, we're always either attacking or tech spamming, and stuff dies. We don't question why the enemies died, we're just glad they're out of our way (but not so glad when all they drop are Diopsides, Kleingolds and Roche Limits and to a higher extent, Divine/Powers). I wanted to ask how the players defeat their foes, and more importantly, how they do it.
    Template (I'd prefer it if you chose to share through this chart. If anyone has any problems with it, they can make whatever minor changes they wish) EDIT: I've added Mustache's Mag and Armor sections. I suppose the Armor would be used for set bonuses if they apply.

Spoiler!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HUmar (3)

Spoiler!

RAmar (1)

Spoiler!

FOmar (4)

Spoiler!

HUmarl (1)

Spoiler!

RAmarl (1)

Spoiler!

FOmarl (5)

Spoiler!

HUcast (3)

Spoiler!

RAcast (3)

Spoiler!

HUcaseal (2)

Spoiler!

RAcaseal (1)

Spoiler!

HUnewm (1)

Spoiler!

FOnewm (1)

Spoiler!

HUnewearl (3)

Spoiler!

FOnewearl (3)

Spoiler!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all for me. Perhaps later I may offer setups for the other 13 character classes, but it would be nice to recieve setups from more experienced PSZ players on the site. I may repost them in the OP with permission, but I'm not sure if I have the time to manage three threads. I, personally, think this was a neat idea for a thread considering the lack of activity on the PSZ forum.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; Jun 25, 2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Added PSchiZ's FOmar set.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Great thread idea, Shanks. The only suggestion I have would be to add a section for mag builds.

Well, I guess I'll throw in my two cents on how to play a HUcast, since that's where I've spent the vast majority of my time in PSZ.

Class: HUcast
    Area: Universal
    Materials: 80 Power
    Weapon: Double Saber/Mech Gun
    - Roche Limit Celeb-3 0/0/0/65/0 Tornado Dance
    - Roche Limit Celeb-3 0/21/54/0/0 Million Rave
    - Morgenlote Celeb-3 57/0/0/0/0 Tornado Dance
    - Blackhawk Celeb-3 63/0/0/0/0 Acro Step
    - Blackhawk Celeb-3 0/58/0/45 Cool Style
    Mag: 100 Power (Radam) / 99 Hit/1 Guard (Hagal)
    Armor: Mobius Plate
    Units
    - Element Boost
    - Divine/Power or Ice Protect
    - Divine/Power
    - Divine/Hit or Master/Power
    Palette
    1. Normal Attack
    2. Heavy Attack
    3. Roll
    4. Monomate
    5. Dimate
    6. Trimate

HUcast is a pretty simple class, as you can see from my palette. I'll start by going over my slots first, though. Element Boost is probably the single most important slot item you can use as a hunter. The reason for this, as you may have guessed, is Celeb. The max element level you can get on a Double Saber is 3, but you can bump it up to 4 with Element Boost. This essentially means that this one slot item gives you 10% extra damage all by itself. That's much more than a Divine/Power, which by level 100 is probably giving you about 2% bonus ATP, which is definitely less than 2% extra damage. The worst thing about Element Boost is that you can't use more than one. I have a Divine/Hit in there because Double Sabers overall have the lowest accuracy of the melee weapons and I need a bit of a boost especially in later areas like Arca and the Shrine. When using Mech Guns (Rioh/Wetlands/Ruins), I switch out my Divine/Hit for a Master/Power (due to a lack of a third D/P) and switch to my Hagal (the 1 guard is only because I think Hagals look cool). Like Shanks, I run Ice Protect in Rioh but also against Humilias (don't have a slow protect).

I have both normal and heavy attacks on my palette, and I'll explain why. The second part of the Double Saber combo only has one hit, and I feel like it's not worth the time to do a heavy attack for one hit when you could do a normal and then get to your three-hit finisher faster. I haven't crunched any numbers on this; it's just a feeling. If I want more DPS I'll do heavy>normal>heavy, but often I'll do normal>normal>heavy to avoid accuracy loss on the first two hits. For instance, this is important when attacking Izhiraks, since if you miss one of your hits it can break out of hit stun and move out of your range before you finish your combo. Having all three mates on my palette is more or less a holdover from playing single player (notably the Eternal Tower where near the top there could be times when I'd run through all 30 before getting a chance to go back). I rarely use mates when playing online, usually because I'm playing with Shanks and he's a god-tier healer. =P If I were cool or something I'd run heat traps, but it never feels worth it to me. I dunno.

My materials are all power to maximize Shifta benefits, and my mag is all power because it's easier to switch in hit units than it is to experiment with varying degrees of hit on mags and find out how much I want.

I...don't like having to carry five weapons around, but I guess it's the price I pay for maximizing damage. They should be pretty self-explanatory, but I pretty much just have one of each weapon that has a good percent on each enemy type. Since I don't use mech guns in Paru, Arca, or Shrine, machine and dark percents are useless on them. There isn't anything deep about why there's two Roche Limits and one Morgenlote. I just haven't found any double sabers with better machine or dark than my current Roche Limits yet. Auto-sorting weapons makes it a pain to get to the weapon I want sometimes, but I have a Celeb addiction to feed. ;_;
    Last edited by Eclipse5632; Oct 18, 2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added mag/material/weapon info

Terrific HUcast analysis Eclipse! I'm really happy that you wrote so much and went into great detail. The only other suggestion I would make is giving a slash for Sol Atomizers over Trimates and possbly Star Atomizers for boss battles over Monomates.

"Light and Slow are very tough to deal with as any character, and by using both a Monomate and a Dimate at the same time, you end up healing 90%. Star Atomizers are emergency heals at boss battles when you can't put all of your faith/have lost your faith in the healer and another party member is on the verge of being wiped out (like when your healer hasn't done their job by the time Humilias whips out his weapons). Keep in mind that you've only got 5, so don't blow through them like candy."

Also, is Compress PA not as great on Hunters as they are on Forces?

Edit: I'm not that much of a genius when it comes to mags. I know some hunters like to have a HIT/ATP split, or pure power. But when it comes to natures, I like to believe that Fickle/Eccentric is better for online play. I'll add a template for Mag analyses tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by DoctorShanks; Oct 17, 2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Added analysis on Atomizers.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Hmm... Interesting idea. Wonder if my opinion on playing as a HUcast might be anything interesting... OK, here we go. (BEWARE!! Long-winded speech)

Class: HUcast (This will probably work as well for a HUcaseal)

Materials:

- > 55 Power
    - > 25 Hit

Weapons:

- > Every Hunter Weapon
    - > Handgun

Note: I use Claws and Handguns nowadays, because I realized that a Hadan Bite with Bite Stamp and a LV5 Tachyon Gun is really all a HUcast needs. But that isn't as fun, since I need some variety, so I will still give my overview of the weapons shown below.

Armor and Units:

- > Mobius Plate
    - - > Divine/Power / Ice Protect / Slow Protect / Light Protect
    - - > Element Boost / Divine/Power
    - - > PP Recovery LV5 / Slow Protect
    - - > Compress PA

Mag:

- > Radam, 50 Power, 10 Guard, 40 Hit, 0 Mind, PB: Midgul, Nature: Ruffian
    - > Rappy, 50 Power, 11 Guard, 39 Hit, 0 Mind, PB: Flozir, Nature: Ruffian

Palette: (I will write these out as buttons)

(Y) - Dodge Roll
    (B) - Normal Attack
    (A) - Heavy Attack
    [R]+(Y) - Heat Trap / Star Atomizer / Heal Trap / Sol Atomizer
    [R]+(B) - Dimate / Trimate
    [R]+(A) - Difluid / Trifluid

Note: I have placed all the corresponding information in spoiler boxes, so that you won't have to scroll through such a hideous amount of information to see other players' setups below.

Overview:

Spoiler!

My personal view on the Weapons:

Spoiler!

Combat and Palette Information:

Spoiler!

Slot Units:

Spoiler!

Mag and Photon Blast:

Spoiler!

END

And there you have it. I would recommend a better play style for others, however... Eclipse's strategy seems way more optimal as well.
    Last edited by Ken & Robo; Dec 14, 2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Screw defending my playstyle. >_>

I think I'm going to like this thread. =)

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorShanks View Post
    The only other suggestion I would make is giving a slash for Sol Atomizers over Trimates and possbly Star Atomizers for boss battles over Monomates.
    Yeah, those are pretty reasonable suggestions. I'll try to experiment with those in the near future.

Also, is Compress PA not as great on Hunters as they are on Forces?
    In my experience, PA spamming just isn't very effective with Double Sabers. I agree with Ken that Million Rave is the best one, but I often have a hard time spacing it right to get all four hits in and it feels less efficient than just attacking normally unless the enemies are all really close together. This is the reason why I don't normally go into rooms charging my PA. If the enemies are spread out, then I'm better off not using it (yeah, I could just cancel the charge, but I'm lazy :<). The problem I had with using it on bosses is that I think against single targets just attacking normally gets you better DPS than spamming Million Rave. I have been spamming it against Chaos and Mobius and Humilias, but now that I think about it it might be worth doing on Dark Falz too. Usually I have a 2+ Flozir going into these fights, so the charge time is low enough from that and I don't need a Compress PA. Rayburn and Octo Diablo aren't good targets for it since you can pretty much only hit one of their hitboxes at a time. The exception is when Octo Diablo does his ink spit and exposes his head, but I get plenty of time to charge my PA when I'm running around to get to him. Tornado Dance and Cyclone Run are kind of underwhelming imo (they're also named backwards, which has annoyed me for the longest time). But, this is only my experience with Double Sabers. Ken uses a much greater variety of weapons than I do, and it's very possible that PA spamming is more legit with other weapon types. In fact, that's probably the key to using Sabers, which I've been disappointed with my entire time playing PSZ.

Oh, I guess I should mention mech guns. My experience with them is extremely limited since I only started using them recently. My main one has Acro Step, which, while it can do tons of damage, requires enemies to be bunched up very close to you or else it does practically nothing. Therefore I only use it when I think I can use it to its full effect. It does have a long charge time, though, so I might try running Compress PA with it sometime to see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-chan View Post
    wall of text
    holy sh-
    And I thought I wrote a lot.

(I can't stand Tornado Dance. Don't ask why.)
    Is it because it's dumb? :V

After, I use regular attacks, and sometimes hold the attack button after the third attack to quickly charge a PA (The Compress PA is important for this), as it will save time to charge as my HUcast recovers from the third attack.
    Hm, I never thought of that. Sounds useful.

Sometimes I do not like hotkey-ing the heal traps, as I'm not good at expecting when I might die.
    Yeah, I determined pretty early on that heal traps just aren't worth a slot, even as an anti-death countermeasure.

And there you have it. I would recommend a better play style for others, however... Eclipse's strategy seems way more optimal as well.
    Haha, really? I thought you made yourself out to be the superior player. =)
    You actually inspired me to experiment with different weapon types and see if PAs can make other weapon types more fun for me.

Class: HUnewearl
    Weapon: Saber/Sword/Dagger/Claw/Handgun
    Mag: Femini-80 Power, 20 Hit
    Armor: Rika's Suit
    Units
    -PP Recovery Level 5
    -Divine/Swift
    -Divine/Swift
    -Compress PA
    Palette
    1. Normal Attack
    2. Dodge Roll
    3. Heavy Attack
    4. Resta
    5. Anti
    6. Shifta

With this set up my evasion is lucky 777 with the set bump Rika's Stuff gives it bumps to 802. It's high enough to dodge 90% of attacks that don't auto hit, I keep the Dodge Roll on for those machine attack lasers that hit regardless of your evasion. I always Normal/Normal/Hard-> Charge PA while Hard attack is going. Rinse and repeat, this is especially easy with Sabers and Daggers. I use a Lvl 4 Luzparias with Celeb, If I get a Lvl 5 Luzparias it will have Jell over Celeb. I use two Lvl 4 Celeb Foie Hazes, one with reverse kill for range and the other with Air Ride for excellent DPS being able to stay right infront of the big monster I'm fighting and not have to worry about getting slapped or slammed. With a Sword I only Over End, PP Recovery Lvl 5 allows me to run through a full stage with a minimum amount of fluids. When I use a Sword I never do a normal attack, and I do this when I need to clear out everything fast, it'll get me through a stage super quick, I also use this on some boss fights, I switch off to Haden Bite if I need a radius hit rather than a linier hit, against Humilias for example. I use a Rika's Claw with Haden Bite to boost my evasion when I'm in a group of 4 since the monsters have higher ATA, against bosses I switch to a Celeb Hadan Bite for that extra damage since I don't need the extra evasion. And lastly I use my Handgun which is currently a N-Tathlam the damage and heat lvl 5 are both good and while quick draw isn't great I still use it often. I'm currently farming for a lvl 5 Rouge Pulse with Flame Hit to take it's place, it might be too good to be true. I make sure I'm always Shifta'd.
    Last edited by Mustache; Oct 17, 2011 at 11:38 PM.

^ Don't you mean HUnewearl? The FOmarl is the human female caster in a dress that walks like a marionette.

@Eclipse5632 - I have had a lot of experience with each hunter weapon, tested a lot of things, and picked my favorites. Being very analytical with enemy attack patterns (except the frickin' Arkzeins) helps too, as it is easy to plan things ahead. Therefore, it is developed with a crapload of knowledge, since I played this game for like 2 years. Again, the play style has its flaws, but of course there are ways of being able to cope with them. It may be more suitable to cast hunters, since the flaws would be less punishing, thanks to higher HP.

Most of the time, these are my priorities in this game:
    1. Kill things fast and efficiently
    2. Use PAs or attack chains in the proper situations or against whichever enemies. Either kill multiple enemies, or hit them consecutively to prevent them from attacking you most of the time while preventing yourself from being vulnerable.
    3. Keep your HP above half
    4. Never forget to not leave yourself vulnerable or near death and actually care to avoid stuff
    5. Don't screw around like a complete idiot, just because you are a HUcast or there's forces around

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse5632
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken-chan
    (I can't stand Tornado Dance. Don't ask why.)
    Is it because it's dumb? :V
    Oh, and yes, I think Tornado Dance is dumb (which is why I hate Morgenlotes). There's something awkward about it that it just sucks. Spear Rider to me is somehow...better. I can't really explain to be honest.

After, I use regular attacks, and sometimes hold the attack button after the third attack to quickly charge a PA (The Compress PA is important for this), as it will save time to charge as my HUcast recovers from the third attack.
    Hm, I never thought of that. Sounds useful.
    The trick with charging fast after ending an attack combo is simply not lifting your thumb off the attack button. For some weapons, especially sabers, you can let go right after recovery. This is also why I love Force Ride and the Compress PA.

Sometimes I do not like hotkey-ing the heal traps, as I'm not good at expecting when I might die.
    Yeah, I determined pretty early on that heal traps just aren't worth a slot, even as an anti-death countermeasure.
    Ever placed a heal trap when an Arkzein is about to kill you, then it runs you over and pushes you away from the heal trap after killing you? >_<

Haha, really? I thought you made yourself out to be the superior player. =)
    You actually inspired me to experiment with different weapon types and see if PAs can make other weapon types more fun for me.
    Anyway, I thought your strategy was quite simple, and I quite like it. You have some interesting points in your play style as well. I kind of thought my strategy was kind of silly, since I mostly spam PAs to try and do as much damage as possible. With that, I'm glad that you seem to like some of the parts of my play style there. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ken & Robo; Dec 8, 2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustache View Post
    Class: FOmarl
    Armor: Rika's Suit
    I thought only newmans could use Rika's Suit. And judging by the description of your playstyle, are you sure you don't mean HUnewearl?

Rika's Claw with Haden Bite
    You mean Bite Stamp? lol, sorry for nitpicking >_>

So, why Jell on the Luzparias over Celeb if you're barely getting hit anyway?

I copied and pasted the first post and went over it, I forgot to change the character type, yes, I mean HUnewearl. Also Yes, Bite Stamp is the PA I use.^.^ I get lost in my on posts and start merging thoughts together.

Jell Lvl 5 gives a higher Debuff then lvl 15 Jellen. When you proc with your Saber then quick switch to something with celeb you can amplify your DPS, this is super helpful with the boss rooms that have groups of monsters instead of an actual boss. I find it to be most helpful against Rohcrystas and Rohjades. Plus Jelling your lvl 5 weapon helps a group much better than just one more celeb element.