PSO-World.com Phantasy Star NewsPSOW ForumsPSU Items DatabaseGuides Database
Register Site Links FAQ/Rules Forums Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PSO-World.com Forums > Player Support Area > Tech Support
Reload this Page PSP won't connect to router

Old
  (#11)

Default 01-25-2012, 02:25 AM

Usually I'd set my IPs manually too, but to addresses like 192.168.1.20 or whichever works fine for you.

You're very correct, if there is an IP address conflict, it will have a very hard time connecting to the router because it's trying to take the spot of another into the network.

〔PSO2 JP - 10066138 - Ship 2〕

Old
  (#12)
Battle Fiend

PSŲ FC: 4341 2457 8048
  Send a message via AIM to Anon_Fire Send a message via MSN to Anon_Fire Send a message via Yahoo to Anon_Fire Send a message via Skype™ to Anon_Fire 
Default 01-30-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymee View Post
Usually I'd set my IPs manually too, but to addresses like 192.168.1.20 or whichever works fine for you.

You're very correct, if there is an IP address conflict, it will have a very hard time connecting to the router because it's trying to take the spot of another into the network.
I don't think it's an IP address conflict.

I keep getting this message every time I try to connect:

"A connection error occurred. The connection to the access point timed out."

Phantasy Star Zero New FC: 4341 2457 8048
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2621 2631 7986
Nintendo Network ID: alaz21

Old
  (#13)
Rappy seeker.

Default 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM

I realize this is an older thread, but I am posting being this still might be an issue for some players who are picking up a PSP and want to play online. I went though the same problem, my PSP would not communicate with the router, but all my other devices would.

It turns out my router needed a firmware update to support the PSP. Maybe this issue is not a problem now being my router was an older Verizon model and did not get support when Frontier took over in our area. It took a few phone calls and other reading online to finally come to this conclusion.

The newer model router I picked up had no problems.

Control-F.
Never leave a FAQ without it.

Tags
conncetion, internet, problems, psp, router