Page 1 of 29 123411 ... LastLast

Default PSO2 for Playstation Vita Announced! (+blog)

And here's the info we know so far:
    • It uses the same servers as the PC version
    • It uses the same character data as the PC version
    • Less than 10% complete
    • Release planned for 2013
    • Online only
    • Possible partying between Vita and PC clients
    • Graphics are one of the things being worked on

In addition, the offical blog was updated with of the above info plus some more PSO2 design pics.

Last edited by Mike; Mar 9, 2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: More info

The console really really needed a big reason for people to actually get it due to the lack of games but more and more it looks like it's starting to receive a great support from most developers and also the fact you can play PSO2 cross-platform with PC users at the same time is a wonderful idea as well!

My wallet cries as my Vita buy is confirmed.
    Sakai, you are one crazy, crazy man.

This is sooooo great!
    ĄPSO2 on Vita!

(calm down...)
    I will play PSVita instead of PC now xD
    JP PSPo2 :
    Neko : Human LV 49 - HU LV 7
    JP PSU :
    Reki : Cast LV 49

I love this dress sketch so bad it doesn't exists for real orz

Thanks for the quick update Mike, I had JUST checked the blog for stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neirene View Post
    The console really really needed a big reason for people to actually get it due to the lack of games but more and more it looks like it's starting to receive a great support from most developers and also the fact you can play PSO2 cross-platform with PC users at the same time is a wonderful idea as well!
    To be honest the Vita isn't hurting TOO badly for titles, especially when put up against the PSP's launch, and even in direct comparison to the 3DS launch. IIRC there's around 30 games that should be on shelves in the upcoming weeks, with at least 15 out now... I don't think too many systems have had that much attention in a while.

I am looking forward to the cross-platform play as well as the hints towards unique content and story, we'll see what happens as 2013 creeps closer!

Here in Spain the release of games have been much more slower yet If I were to get a PS Vita for this game I will still try to wait for a redesign of the console or at least that they can make it more slimmer than the current model and if it's possible a little bit less expensive and with more color choices! i'm sure they will do that soon!

Because currently I tried the vita myself at a game store and I really didn't liked the current design of the machine the only thing I liked was the very sharp screen it had!

I just hope this doesn't end up like the PS2 version of PSU ended.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

At first I was skeptical trying to think of a way not to hate the full game being on a portable...

I mean I see what they're doing, trying to find that middle ground for Console enthusiasts by giving them an alternative. While taking advantage of a convenient concept of being able to bring PSO2 FAR away from your PC monitor. And it's a good idea, but it still bugged me. Also there was the thought that they'd try to match contents updates and the Vita version holding PC back. e_e

But after coming to this thread seeing it won't be out till 2013, and that it's ONLINE ONLY, those sound like a fair trade-off for having a FULL PC GAME on a handheld.So I'm not too annoyed by it anymore.

@ Those new outfits, that's the outfit everyone tried to label as Ranewm, But yeah it looks awesome in that sketch, if I can make the top part blue or bluish green, then it would be exactly like a more detailed version of my Original Character, Rock Eastwood's clothes. I'm actually more excited about that than the Vita thing.

No more complaints about clothes from me in this game.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I can't say I'm too excited about this announcement. It's going to introduce an slew of new issues to the game, the least of which being gamers that might be trying to play it through AT&T's network as well as potentially limiting the ability to do expansions once again.

This feels like PS2 PSU all over again. Now granted I'll accept the comment that yes, memory cards have gotten bigger and this is a brand new system, but we could easily see if a challenge mode is released parties not accepting vita players.