Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ERROR 434 Fix

Default ERROR 434 Fix

Those of u who are just like me who spent countless hours trying to figure out what the Damn Error 434 is... i've finally fixed mine. Now this is Here to provie help to those of you who have the Same problem since it took me nearly 8 hours to fix this issue... OK ima get to the point now...

The Problem lies within ur Antivirus (namely Avast) and your firewall...i know its a risky choice but please trust me on this.... You should disable both of those things for a few seconds as u can reopen em up within a heartbeat anyways thats how you fix it...

I hope this helps the people in the future and may the force be with u ... good luck

You can also just add pso2 as an exception in avast if you don't want to disable it.

i already did that and it's still not working.. T_T
    any other way to fix it?

I believe the other solutions is to delete the downloads folder in /documents/sega/phantasystaronline2

Good luck.
    • Discord: Moosie#9284
    • Twitter: jenbelowzero

PSO2 characters: Lucidia Raya, Big Mama, Bill Cipher

I had this problem on two different computers: one was because of the web protection of gdata and one was because of windows defender service.

If you want to play and get this error I would suggest you to disable any firewall (from windows and antivirus), windows defender services and any kind of web protection (from windows/software) once the game is updated you can try to re-enable all of it one by one to see if its still working and to know what was causing this.

I have this same issue that I have been trying to solve for a few days now. I have disabled any firewalls, windows and otherwise, and added PSO2 exceptions just in case. I have disabled windows defender, I have no antivirus installed, I have my router firewall turned off, and I have deleted the download folder several times. I have also ran as administrator and tried reinstalling. I want to play this game so damn badly though, so this really sucks. I also found that I can't download the client from the official site, as the download server always times out before anything pops up. I assume this is related, but I am clueless on how to fix it. I really hope someone can come up with a fix.

I've already mentioned the answer to why some people can't bypass the error 434. The problem lies in whatever host they are utilizing for their servers. They are blocking certain IP regions, so some people no matter what they do short of finding a way to proxy their IP to the program will not be able to connect.

As this seems to be my issue I've looked into quite a few programs to try and proxy myself; however, there does not seem to be any proxy software(That is easy to find anyway) that will proxy you to programs on your computer. Almost all of them proxy you by interfacing with your web browser which of course is only useful for web browsing.

Of course this DOES mean you can check to see if your IP is the issue by downloading proxy software and testing to see if once doing so you are able to download the downloader off their site. Of course besides discovering if this is your issue is as far as this can take you.

Thanks Taitu. I tried a web proxy and was able to download from the site, which means my ISP is screwing me over somewhere. Guess I need to arrange to go to a friend's house or something.

Taitu, you are 100% right. After days of trying to even patch the game correctly and constantly hitting 434 errors, I got it working. I'm using the CyberGhost VPN program as my proxy, but it's not exactly ideal. There's a limit as long as you want it to stay free, and it's not exactly a fast connection either.

It's better than nothing though. I have to wonder why Sega is blocking some specific IPs in the first place though.

I honestly doubt it's SEGA blocking people. I believe it's just whatever server they're hosting on already had these locks built in to their system.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion on the proxy, I'll give it a shot.