PSO-World.com Phantasy Star NewsPSOW ForumsPSU Items DatabaseGuides Database
Register Site Links FAQ/Rules Forums Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PSO-World.com Forums > Phantasy Star Online 2 > PSO2: Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs
Reload this Page How to reliably get PSE Burst?

How to reliably get PSE Burst?
Old
  (#1)
Rappy Hunter

Default How to reliably get PSE Burst? - 07-16-2012, 02:48 AM

Are the mechanics for PSE burst documented anywhere? Do people generally have a good idea of how it works?

I've noticed that when there's a PSE Burst (and Cross Burst) that I get tons and tons of exp. So much that it makes normal gameplay for exp seem kind of pointless -- if there's a way to trigger PSE Burst semi-reliably, then I would probably prefer to be spending all of my time trying to do that.

Are there any PSE Burst experts who want to chime in?

Old
  (#2)
Skilled Fighter

Default 07-16-2012, 04:34 AM

When in multi party areas just kill things. To help increase your chances, try to get a large amount of people in the multi party area and stick together. More monstrs will spawn, increasing your PSEs, and thus will lead to more regular PSE bursts.

Old
  (#3)
Rappy Hunter

Default 07-16-2012, 05:45 AM

Emergency Code: Protection

Old
  (#4)
Rappy Hunter

Default 07-16-2012, 12:39 PM

Main ideas are usually form a multi-party of 12, run around together and kill everything as fast as possible.

Crystals usually guarantee a PSE burst too so make sure to get on top of that.

Old
  (#5)
Sancho Pansa

Default 07-16-2012, 01:38 PM

What crystals are you talking about?

Old
  (#6)
Rappy Hunter

Default 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM

I have a topic to discuss this, with many things I've tested in it. I have triggered quite a few bursts solo in passworded games, but as far as I know, no one knows the exact thing behind it. I know 100% that you have to kill monsters fast enough to get a PSE to level 8, then you get 1 minute to obtain another PSE in that same alignment and that will trigger a regular PSE burst. I would put a video up on some test runs, but I haven't figured out how it works in game yet, and I am NOT using fraps. I do know that HOW you attack the enemies, what element they are, and what elements you use to fight them with have an effect, but I am not sure of the EXACTness of it all.

Old
  (#7)
Rappy Hunter

Default 07-16-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
What crystals are you talking about?
The emergency protect quest where you protect crystals.