Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Captain Rockbear: Defender of the Forest!

I was gonna post this on the screenshots and videos thread but I felt it would be better on it's own.

It seems that in order to make up for the clusterfuck that was my last run, free forest hard decided to reward me by introducing me to the single most badass creature in the entire game. I have a bunch of screen shots and recorded a few low quality soundless videos (I wasn't prepared to record at the time). Which I'll upload later.

So... here's how it started. I was doing free forest hard, as usual. A rock bear with a level one infection jumps out. Nothing unusual. The fight barely started before I'm suddenly in the middle of this.
    Spoiler!

Yes, once again a code avoid decided to inturrupt my rock bear fight. I wasn't going to make the same mistakes as before though, I wasn't half asleep... But what's that?
    Spoiler!

Another code attack? With a Breeada? Ok fine, I'll just run in circles until this code avoid ends, fair enough. The darkers look distracted anyway.
    Spoiler!

So I ran around a bit but when I came back what did I see? The native animals and darkers having an all out brawl with the breeada and Rockbear going at eachother while the Galfs, Aginis, and Oodan took on the Dagan swarm (Taking pot shots at me when there weren't enough Dagan ;; ).

Spoiler!

I saw the Rockbear grab a few dagans but didn't manage to get a good screen shot. That was impressive but nothing special... Then this happened.
    Spoiler!

I was flabbergasted. He just grabbed the Breeada out of the air and threw it on the ground harder than Andy Samberg. It was then that I knew this rockbear meant business. This was HIS forest and he took shit from NO ONE.

Unfortunately the breeada seemed to have figured this out too and started cheating.
    Spoiler!

I had to give rockbear a hand. I intended to simply lure the breeada away but this rockbear had beat the thing up so much it died in about 3 or 4 shots. Had I lured the rockbear away and then let him switch back to the breeada when it came out he could have killed the thing him self.

At this point there was just me and the rock bear. I took him on for a bit but I couldn't bring my self to fight such a noble and heroic creature. I headed to the boss room, hoping that if someone decided to attack that particular rockbear that he'd still put up a good fight.

But... what now?
    Spoiler!

It's our old friend Ragu-neechan! I really didn't feel like fighting her and then it dawned on me. I lured ragne back to a larger area, before getting the rockbear, He wasn't too happy to see me since I whacked his face a few times, but as soon as he saw ragne he knew what he had to do.

He rallied his Oodan troops and went on the offensive.
    Spoiler!

It didn't take long for the Oodan to fall but this rockbear continued to fight. He was no ordinary Rockbear... he was CAPTAIN Rockbear: Defender of the Forest!
    Spoiler!

Alas... Captain Rockbear was defeated, but he went down fighting... and I took it upon my self to avenge him.

He will continue to live in my heart as the true defender of the forest giving me the strength to fight the Darkers no matter how dire the situation.

Never Forget...

EDIT: Now with the first two (crappy) videos. It's probably not as awesome as I played it out to be. I'll upload the others later~

Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 25, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

I have to admit, that is the most amazing thing I have ever seen o-o

They couldn't smell what the Rockbear was cookin'.

Good story lol.
    should write a novel

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Sounds like Jayce, the defender of tomorrow from league of legends.

I dunno about a novel. XD

It's a shame I wasn't prepared to record, because the videos loose a lot of their impact without the sound. >:

I smiled really hard while reading this. I can only wish something this cool will happen to me during my Emergency Codes. Bravo.

Character ID: 中原小麦

After that story, if somehow you managed to defeat the Dark Ragne, it should have dropped a Ragne Answerer with a Rockbear soul on it ;w;

Ragu-neechan.

Things like that make me smile xD

This is the most amazing story I ever heard about PSO2. Not even a fanfic, a TRUE story which makes it even better.
    You sir, brightened up my day. Captain Rockbear FTW. Wish I could see a Vol Dragon vs Ragna hahaha