Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Changes to PSO2 economy

Detailed in Sakai's blog post: Oct. 3 2012
    http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11370519420.html

For the sake of how long this took to translate i hope it hasn't been posted before.

Several changes are being made to the play style of PSO2 in the coming update. Three major problems have been brought to our attention.

1. Random fields
    Players have found that sticking to random field gets the most gain from farming endlessly. The ruins the chances of meeting new players.

2. Getting rare items
    Rare items can be attained from player shops much easier than actually farming for the item. This ruins the experience of actually attaining the item. As such most players end up farming for meseta in order to buy items from player shops in order to get the items they want.

3. Selling items to NPC's
    Higher ranking items can be sold to NPC's for more than they should be valued. This leads to an environment where the value of money decreases and people have to farm more and more for items from player shops.

A such the current economic state of the game is as follows:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    a. Any item can be gotten from the player shops
    b. Rather than hunting for the item, buying it is much easier
    c. In order to buy a good weapon, lots of money is needed
    d. Random areas are farmed and items are sold to NPC's
    e. The item can then be obtained
    f. -and then further sold for additional money
    And the result is continued inflation

We recognize that this does not have a good influence on those who play the game and have decided to make the following changes.

1. Quest rooms will now have a time limit
    X: Each quest will have a time limit to complete that quest. Going over the limit will end in a ''quest failure'.
    Response: As this just allow the players to re-select the same mission this has not been adopted.

X:After a certain number of enemies have been defeated no more will appear.
    Response: This will affect any players entering after the limit has been reached and has not been adopted.

O:If a room has been active for a long time enemies will stop appearing.
    Response: As this has little effect on other parties, this idea will be put into effect.

2.My Shop Issues
    X: Reduce the drop rate
    Response: Reducing the drop rate simply punishes players

O: Reduce the NPC buying price.
    Response: This will be put into effect.

3. Game Economic
    X: Make all items and disks non-tradable
    Response: Just no.

X: Set a limit on how much items can be sold for.
    Response: the market decides that

O: Make all 10☆ Weapons, units and disks above level 11 non-tradable.
    Response: As this has the least impact on the current economy this will be put into effect.

●For rares 10☆ and above and Level 11 disks:
    For the new items that will be come available in the next update be be player bound and be un-able to trade or sell in player shops.

This is only for the new items described. This will not affect 9☆ items and level 10 disks.

For players worried about surplus weapons, Sega will think of ways to utilize them besides selling them to NPC's.

●Changed to NPC shops.
    For new players, the price of 1☆ gear will be increased.
    Cost modifiers for elements on 7☆ items and above will be changes from 10~35% to 20~45%.
    Special weapons will get elements from 25%~50%.
    Bosses and rare enemies will now drop more meseta.

●Changes to Quest Fields
    A field will now have a maximum of 4 hours. After 3.5 hours no new parties will be able to join the field.

●Players Breaking the Rules
    Reiterating, Players who manipulate the client and cheat will have their accounts banned.
    Last edited by Kion; Oct 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

I expected something like this to happen sooner or later. Goodbye to random MPA's for hunting items for Client Orders.

What are the 'X' and 'O' sections? I'm assuming those were fan suggestions that were rejected(X) and accepted or changed(O).
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I think PSU blog already beat you too it (they posted it yesterday), but still kudos to you for the translation!

I think people knew about this already since I saw some discussion about it already. I read the whole article off bumped though.

I'm a little tick about sega regarding rare though. Well, I had to buy my rare because I hunt the Gilnach for 3 weeks, and Garland wouldn't drop for me. And around that 3 weeks, I accrued enough meseta to buy myself a Garland. So why should I waste more time hunting for it when I have enough meseta from the period of hunting it to buy it?

They could have make the rare that you want drop a little easier /sulk.
    Last edited by Nerineri; Oct 5, 2012 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meji View Post
    I think PSU blog already beat you too it (they posted it yesterday), but still kudos to you for the translation!

I didn't see anything on the main page so i decided to go for it. For me this seems incredibly stupid on Sega's part and it's mostly because of extremely poor drop rates. Nothing ever drops and then only way to get items is to save up from farming. As it's pretty much faster and guaranteed way to actually get what you want. And Sega's solution is to prevent players from selling items, effectively destroying the entire point of playing the game in an online community!!?? Fuck this.
    Last edited by Kion; Oct 5, 2012 at 04:20 AM.

"For players worried about surplus weapons, will will still be able to sell them to NPC's."

Oh, thank goodness.

the only thing i dont agree with is lvl 11 techs and 10 star weapons, the rest will help improving the game experience.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    the only thing i dont agree with is lvl 11 techs and 10 star weapons, the rest will help improving the game experience.
    Forcing sellers to price their items lower by forcing buyers to gain less meseta from selling junk to NPC's?

I used to think the drop rates in PSO were unforgiving and somewhat better in PSP2/i, but this really does take it a whole step lower. I can see this not being much of a deterrent, and still see skyhigh pricing made even more impossible.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

So it wasn't just my impresson.
    One/Two weeks ago when I began playing, basic Ragna souls shitty Units were around 4k.
    I think their price is now around 9k? Prices doubled?

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Or (and this is just a thought here) stop being so GREEDY.

Edit: On 2nd thought the only reason people buy stuff from player shops is that they cant find it in the field.
    Last edited by Alucard V; Oct 5, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.