9/1/2013 Update 2:
- Added more info to the "Old file was not overwritten!" error
- Added an easter egg
- Added some debug info everywhere
- Cleaned up how Logs are saved
- Added some fixes to the patching process
- Made further improvements to the "Fix Gameguard issues" module
- Made PSO2 Tweaker wait once it starts updating (just to be safe)
- Added a failsafe to make sure the Item Translation files download correctly
- Fixed the "The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform." bug, it'll redownload 7za.exe or UnRar.exe if it detects they're not download correctly
- Added a few more lines of cleanup code
- Moved files to copy.com servers, much faster/stable now!
- Rewrote some code that should fix that "ReadMemoryProcess" error.
- Added a new troubleshooting option to terminate PSO2's process as requested (useful if it stops responding)
- Added a new troubleshooting option to reset PSO2's settings to default
- Rearranged some of the menus in the ORB alphabetically
- Added more diagnostic info to launching the game. If you were getting an unhandled args error, please try launching the game again, and post your logfile on the forums.
- Fixed "Access Denied" errors when updating and EXEs are open. Program will now automatically close PSO2, the PSO2 Launcher, and PSO2 updater before attempting to update them.
- Made major improvements to the updating process (progress bar, windows, etc)
- Fixed some bugs
- Fixed the issue with the Story Patch update and RAR files
- Added some more diagnostic info to the PSO2 launch to diagnose bugs. (This will only appear on the logfile)
- Added some new stuff to the Fix Gameguard errors routine. Give it another shot if you're still having trouble with GG
- Moved the files to a new server, it should prevent downloading 0KB files
- Modified the options menu a bit to fit suggestions
- Made it so that the item translations are now updated if launched through the command line with -item
- Redid some of the routines to make them faster/more efficient
- Added a new story patch download server (You can only test the speeds, it's still being set up)
- Added three new functions: The ability to switch patch servers depending on which one is faster, the ability to test them to see which is faster, and the ability to force a check for story mode updates. I also fixed story mode patching, so the files will actually stick.
- Fixed that stupid win32 directory error (for realz)
- Added the ability to install the EN patches/Large Files from external RAR files
- Fixed the "win32 directory is blank" errors (that happened when trying to launch PSO2)
- The "PSO2 Tweaker Updater.exe is denied" error *should* be fixed. Let me know if it happens again.
- Updated/fixed story patch updating, and added the current version of the RAR to the update dialog
- Added more information to certain parts of the program
- Fixed various bugs
- Fixed an issue with updating the item translation files
- Fixed an issue with minimizing
- Make the credits form resizeable, will be updated next version with more credits
- Will now check to see if the Item Translation patch works with the current version of PSO2.
- Added some more cleanup code
- Fixed an issue with updating (clicking "Yes" on new version available dialogs would do nothing since last update)
- Now supports command line arguments (-item, -pso2) to launch PSO2 without the interface ever showing
- Program will now automatically restore any backups found BEFORE patching
- Program will only download the patchfiles when it needs them, as opposed to every time it starts up
- Program fully supports the item translation patch, updating it, and enabling/disabling it
- Program will automatically close when PSO2 starts
- Background images, unfortunately, had to be removed. Sorry!
Made it so the program can run whether my dropbox is up or down.
- Added a new (slightly faster and more efficient) way of updating the story patch
- Added a link in the Web Links to Dr Jim's Arks Cash tutorial
- Updated the story patch to include all reported bug fixes and spelling/grammar issues
- Added a lot of MB12 stuff to the story patch
- (Hopefully) Next version will have Desktop EQ Notifications, using a new 100% accurate method we developed!
- Added a button in Options to reset the Story Mode Location, for new RAR files.
- Added the ability to change textbox background color, as requested.
- Added a new troubleshooting button - "Analyze install issues"
- Added "Cancel current process" to the menu when you right click the download bar - This will stop any sort of filechecking or downloading. (Experimental)
- Next version will have Desktop EQ Notifications! (partially using the EQ bot, but also using a new method we've developed!)
- PSO2 can now be launched from the Tweaker again (Thanks to Raven0123, Variant, and Agrajag!)
- Added the ability to override which version of patches you have installed in the Options menu, in case you update them outside the Tweaker.
- Tweaker will now look for PSO2 updates, THEN updates to the various other patches.
- Rewrote the update process for the Story patch
- Replaced "Check for missing files" with "Check for missing/old files", since that's what everyone tried to use it for anyway
- Added "Hidden Settings" to the PSO2 Options menu
- Added "Make the Interface Invisible" to the Hidden Settings (Thanks to Cyron Tanryoku for telling me about this!)
- Fixed another error where the PSO2 settings wouldn't save correctly!
- Added "Diagnose Connection Errors"
- Added "Web links"
- Fixed an error with the PSO2 Settings where it wouldn't save because of the resolution being all fubar.
Spent the day writing code to give another heavily requested feature:
- You can now use PSO2 Tweaker to configure the PSO2 Options (Graphics, shaders, etc), just as you would in the Vanilla JP launcher.
- I'm aware the PSO2 Options form doesn't theme 100% correctly, I'll fix it later today. (FIXED)
-I'll add the "sound" portion later today as well.
- "Font color" and "which patches to install after update" now save like they should
- Program now remembers where you had the story rar and will automatically look there before asking you to find it (This setting will save the next time you install the story patch)
- Added a label to the top ("Click the orb to access the menu")
- Added a routine - Don't download pso2.exe when updating if they already have the latest version
- Added a check for certain files - If they don't download correctly, download them again.
- Added a new option: Select whether you want to always backup before patching, never backup, or ask every time!
7/10/2013 (The second time!) :
- Fixed a bug where it would display the "Current EN patch version is" instead of "Current Large Files version is"
- Added the ability to change the font color (Hooray!)
- Added the option to auto-install patches after PSO2 updates (Check the options menu)
- Fixed the "Index out of bounds" error
- Added a "Fix Gameguard Issues" button under troubleshooting
- Fixed the "Download was canceled by user!" when launching PSO2
- Fixed the updating process deleting pso2.exe and not replacing it with the newer version
- Fixed some bugs with updating/patching PSO2. Everything works 100% now!
- Fixed the "colors not saving when updating" bug
- Changed the way the program looks for updates to PSO2, much more reliable now.
- Fixed the "Restart to change language" bug.
- Fixed "Download canceled by user" when launching PSO2
- Fixed the "Launch PSO2" button being overtop of the selected directory
- Temporary fix for the "Restart to apply language" bug
- Language box will now show your current language, just like the other boxes.
- Fixed the "file not found" error! (This one was really tricky!)
- Added support for the JP Enemy name patches and the JP Emergency Code patches
- Added support for Russian language
- Added a button to change the color of the theme you're currently using.
- Ability to turn off pastebin uploads (NOT RECOMMENDED)
Click to see the rest of the changelog:
- Disabled the "Made the text box transparent" feature - Caused crashes on certain systems.
- Made the text box transparent (Looks MUCH better!)
- Got rid of the Confirmation box, added 2 new themes - 2010 Silver and Windows 7 Blue
- Made the options screen load the settings you currently have
- Made "Close program when PSO2 starts" remember it's settings
- Updated the "Fix PSO2 Permissions" routine.
- Added the "Credits" window
- Added support for Portugese - Thanks to Gama!
- Fixed some more bugs!
- Program will now check for story updates directly after installation