PSO-World.com Phantasy Star NewsPSOW ForumsPSU Items DatabaseGuides Database
Register Site Links FAQ/Rules Forums Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PSO-World.com Forums > Phantasy Star Online 2 > PSO2: Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs
Reload this Page Guide PSO2 Registration Guide

PSO2 Registration Guide
Old
  (#1)
Director of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to AIDA 
Default PSO2 Registration Guide - 07-08-2013, 08:00 PM

Note: If all you're looking for is the PSO2JP English Setup file, it's here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208170 It's HIGHLY recommended that you follow this tutorial, however.

Welcome! This is an up-to-date guide on how to register for PSO2, along with getting you off on the right foot.

If you encounter any errors during this process, FIRST read this thread, and the instructions on how to solve it:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204836

Part 0: Things to do before you begin

Here are some things you should start the download on right away, so they download while you're registering and setting up your ID.

1) PSO2JP English Setup file, including the latest patches

2) Google Chrome PSO2 Extension

Part 1: Registering a SEGA ID

PLEASE NOTE: In the past, Google Chrome has been unable to access the site - This is due to a misconfiguration on the ISAO server. This seems to have been resolved, but if you get weird issues with Chrome, feel free to use Firefox to register instead of Chrome. A Firefox PSO2 Extension is near completion, you can read about the progress here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210474

Please go to the SEGA ID registration page, and enter your e-mail in the blank as seen below:

Make sure you do NOT use a hotmail e-mail, as these are not accepted and will give you an error. It's HIGHLY recommended to use GMail, as certain providers (such as AOL) have issues with recovery e-mails from SEGA, which can prevent you from logging into your account. GMail is your best bet. If you don't have a GMail account, you can grab one real quick here: http://www.gmail.com

This is the e-mail you'll receive:

Simply click (or copy/paste) the link to move onto the next part.

Part 2: Filling in information for your SEGA ID

If you're using the Chrome EQ extension, this part should be in English. Either way, here's a guide on how to fill it out:

Part 3: Japanese Captcha Boss

If you're a regular user of the internet, you should be familiar with captchas - They're used to make sure you're human. Usually, not a problem... UNLESS THEY'RE JAPANESE.

For this part, you'll use the Lexilogos Hirigana Typewriter. Compare the letters on the keyboard to the letters in the captcha. Click on each letter in the typewriter, then copy and paste the completed captcha into the box on the SEGA ID page. Once all the letters are in (and you've completed the rest of the form), hit Submit.

If you get the captcha wrong (which you will a few times), you'll receive the following error:

Quote:
エラー(025)
入力内容に誤りがあります。もう一度入力してください。

(025) error
There is an error in the input content. Please try again
Hit the back button and try again!

After flipping a few tables (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻) , you'll get the captcha right. You'll know you did it right because you'll be taken to a page where it'll review all your information:

At the bottom are two buttons - Hit the top of the two, Register, to complete registration!

Part 4: Registering your new SEGA ID for PSO2

This part is really easy. After you hit "register" in the previous part, you'll be taken to a new screen:

Click the only button there. You'll be taken to another screen (this one will probably change a lot, just look for a button underneath something that says "Phantasy Star Online 2"

You'll be taken to this screen:

Just click the checkmark, then hit the leftmost box.

The next screen will say:

Quote:
『ファンタシースターオンライン2』を開始する準備が整いました。
ゲームを起動してログイン画面に進んで下さい。

PC版クライアントをダウンロードする場合はこちらへお進み下さい。

Ready to start the "Phantasy Star Online 2" is now ready.
Proceed to the login screen to launch the game.

Please proceed to this place if you want to download the PC version client.
This means you're fully registered and ready to play! Now, move onto the next post for Installation instructions and how to update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
I play PSO2 using an old xbox kinect with a wiimote taped to it+^_^+ i dance to Beatles songs and my game practically plays itself+^_^+

Last edited by AIDA; 01-26-2014 at 05:42 AM..

Old
  (#2)
Director of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to AIDA 
Default 07-08-2013, 08:01 PM

Part 5: Installing and Updating PSO2

Once you've registered your SEGA ID, run the PSO2JP_SETUPEN.EXE file. This will walk you through installing Phantasy Star Online 2. This install WILL take a while, this is normal.

Once it's finished, download the PSO2 Tweaker. Open it, and you'll be asked to find you where you installed PSO2, and the data/win32 folder inside of there. If you used the installer I've linked, it should be C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32.

Once selected, the main window will open. Using the menu on the top left (the circle), select "Check for PSO2 updates" and hit "No" on the pop-up window. The Tweaker will now check for any missing or outdated files, and update them as necessary. Depending on how many patches and your download speed, this may take quite a while. (At the time of this writing, there are over 16,000 files in the game's win32 directory.)

Once the Tweaker reports that you have the most current version of the game, you may install the English patch (translates core text, gui stuff, etc), the story patch (translates the story and extra NPC chatter), large files (extra translation stuff), item translation patches, and more!

Once you have everything you want installed, simply hit "Launch Phantasy Star Online 2"!

Part 6: Logging in for the first time

Once you get to the title screen of PSO2, hit enter. Click "Agree to terms" or the leftmost button.

Click "Login SEGA ID" and select your ship (Ships are servers - Ship 02 is currently the "main" English ship). Enter the SEGA ID and Password you created above, and you'll login! Congratulations!

You'll be asked to select a Player ID (The ID everyone will see and use to look you up). You're almost done now!

Upon attempting to make your first character, a screen will pop up like this:

This is asking if you're been invited to the game by another player - There are bonuses for BOTH players (the person who invited you, and you) if you put an ID number here - I'd appreciate it if you could use mine (assuming you're joining Ship02), although it is completely optional

My ID is 10066062. Just copy that number, and paste it in the box. Then, click the left box to begin. That's it!

You'll now be prompted to create your first character!

I hope you found this guide helpful, and I wish you the best of luck (and fun!) on Phantasy Star Online 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
I play PSO2 using an old xbox kinect with a wiimote taped to it+^_^+ i dance to Beatles songs and my game practically plays itself+^_^+

Last edited by AIDA; 09-01-2013 at 05:07 PM..

Old
  (#3)
N-Sythe

Default 07-10-2013, 08:19 PM

This should be sigged and stickied.

(Lol yes overwolf doesn't detect pso2 playtime well...)
Are you a ship 8 player? have a look at this then

CURRENTLY Busy with university

Old
  (#4)
Sword of Zarkeylion

Send a message via AIM to Maronji Send a message via MSN to Maronji Send a message via Yahoo to Maronji Send a message via Skype™ to Maronji 
Default 07-10-2013, 08:34 PM

Wasn't there also a thing about the birth date field requiring leading zeroes on months before October (like 09 for September and not just 9, and so on)?

Might want to throw that in there if I'm remembering correctly, because that's gonna screw up a few people (not like it hasn't already (again, if I remember correctly)).

Old
  (#5)
N-Sythe

Default 07-10-2013, 09:00 PM

Yeah, that's still a thing, although I already inferred that when I registered.

Also, this thread's been linked on my captcha-dedicated sticky (which, oddly enough, is on the general section) :3

(Lol yes overwolf doesn't detect pso2 playtime well...)
Are you a ship 8 player? have a look at this then

CURRENTLY Busy with university

Last edited by Syklo; 07-10-2013 at 09:04 PM..

Old
  (#6)
Rappy Hunter

Default 07-10-2013, 10:29 PM

I'm having a problem trying with the email register part... Doesn't seem to accept either Yahoo or Gmail

Old
  (#7)
Skilled Fighter

Default 07-11-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeftNow View Post
I'm having a problem trying with the email register part... Doesn't seem to accept either Yahoo or Gmail
Gmail work fine. If you meant you're getting a white page with a single line of text, from memory, it roughly translate to "not advaible to customer's environnement" or something like that. Happened to me earlier this month when I made an alt account, I only had to refresh like crazy or open a new page. It's worse when it happen right after the capcha.

Old
  (#8)
Rappy Hunter

Default 07-11-2013, 02:18 PM

Not entirely sure what you meant but just in case, here's the error message.

Old
  (#9)
Skilled Fighter

Default 07-13-2013, 05:52 AM

Ah sorry, I was getting a different error. In my case, I was passing directly by the pso2 page to register on both account, and the process was a little different, but the same for the registration page itself. Did you try to see if you could copy the text in the box and translate it with google?

Old
  (#10)
Rappy Hunter

Default 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM

can't even go to the sega ID registration page