PSO-World.com Phantasy Star NewsPSOW ForumsPSU Items DatabaseGuides Database
Register Site Links FAQ/Rules Forums Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PSO-World.com Forums > Phantasy Star Online 2 > PSO2 General
Reload this Page Dewman ranger/gunners

Dewman ranger/gunners
Old
  (#1)
Crimson S.S.

Default Dewman ranger/gunners - 08-01-2013, 06:47 PM

Is this a viable class option for the Dewman? Don't they have very high offensive capabilities but low health and defense? I want to switch from Braver to Ranger and go Gunner eventually. Should I use "gun" classes on a different race?

Old
  (#2)
That Walrus

Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Derpington 
Default 08-01-2013, 07:08 PM

It'll work fine.

Ship 10
Nephthys
Daiquiri

Old
  (#3)
The Empress' Knight

Default 08-01-2013, 07:10 PM

It's a fine combo.

Old
  (#4)
PSO Assassin

Default 08-01-2013, 07:10 PM

Actually I do try this once my dewman unlock gunner class, since my main character is newman GU/RA

Old
  (#5)
Are you the sickest dude?

Default 08-02-2013, 01:11 PM

I'd say make a caseal since they actually look like a new race instead of a human unicorn

Old
  (#6)
GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Default 08-02-2013, 01:19 PM

Caseal is a better RA if you wanna talk about MIN-MAXing, Caseal has matched R-atk with FEMALE dewmen (more than male dewmen) more hp, and more r-def, and more dex/ability. Any other stat doesn't matter for GU.

But dewmen is the next best, and still very viable, esp if you wanna go melee or force as well.

Old
  (#7)
Living unwritten poetry.

Default 08-02-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
I'd say make a caseal since they actually look like a new race instead of a human unicorn
Haha nice.

"You get depressed because you know you're not what you should be." -Marilyn Manson

Cloud: Ship 2: Ur, Class: Working on Te/Fo. Team: Phantom Knights.

Old
  (#8)
Zzzzzz

Default 08-02-2013, 05:09 PM

I dunno......even as a melee I'd choose a cast over doodooman. The difference in s-atk is so small, that I'd take the other stats (HP, def, dex, etc) over doodooman. That extra HP does help after all. 10+ point difference in s-atk does not however for me at least. Others, its life or death.

Eh and the guy who said the unicorn thing is right. As a cast, you can go fleshie or go back to being a terminator (cyborg, some like to just call casts robots, but i call them cyborgs). You can also mix and match parts. You ain't just some human with a horn lolz (same thing can be said about newmans). However, you do know they could of done something more to make that race more unique in appearance (i.e Take a look at FFXIV ARR if you play that).

Even though its personal preference, there are only two fleshie onry outfits I like. The rest are junk. All the good fleshie outfits are costumes for both cast and fleshie. So casts get double the benefits along with head parts.

However, my second character slot is doodooman that I will lvl in the distant future. No offense, but I ain't gonna have two of the same race on my account (aka 2 cast, even if male) and if its male, go buy more costumes for outrageous prices :P.