Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moment of Style

Default Moment of Style

Dress For A Night At A Kuna Concert

Greetings fellow ARKs!

It's been a while since we have done the last Phashion event, but do not worry, we haven't forgotten about our events or you!

So, today, we would like to present a new event to you, called Moment Of Style.
    It is an event, that if possible, we would like to hold on a regular basis. We also want this event to be more about fun, good times and interaction with the community than about the competition. Because of this, our prices won't be as high as they were in our past events, because we don't want them to be the main focus.
    In this event, we give you a special Theme for which you must dress up accordingly - it will be your Moment of Style!

Depending on how popular this event will be and how it works out, and of course, how you all liked it, we will continue to do it with different themes in the future!
    For now, let us Focus on the present and let me present to you

Moment of Style - The First
    Create a style to wear for an evening at a Kuna concert - let us know the reasoning behind your outfit and accessory combo

Event Details & Rules:
    • This event is only for the Japanese servers of PSO2!
    • Males and Female entries will be handled separate, as to give both genders a fairer chance
    • You may only participate in either the Male or Female division
    • Send your entries in the time from 12.11.2014 to 26.11.2014, we will stop taking entries at 12am (GMT+1) on the 27th of November.
    • All screenshots must be taken in the Shopping Lobby! This however excludes the blue and red rooms!
    • You must take your own screenshot! We never judge the graphical qualities of a screenshot, so do not worry in case you can only take screens on low settings, this will in no way affect your points!
    • You may only send in one screenshot, however, you can resend as many screenshots as you want, but they will replace the former screenshot you send us. So make sure, that by the end of the entry sending time frame, you give us the screenshot you like best. Else, we will use the last one you send us
    • After we receive all of your entries, the judges will select top 10 candidates, for whom we will make a new thread for you all to publicly vote on and decide who will make 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!
    • Males, send your entries to Gama
    • Females, send your entries to Sizustar

Questions & Answers

Who are all the judges?
    Judges are redroses, TenebriS, Sizustar, Gama and Shirai

What are you judging in our entries?
    We are judging the overall appearance of your character in relation to the given Theme.
    So you have a better understanding, let me list some things we will pay a lot of attention to.
    Does the outfit fit to the given theme?
    Do accessories and outfit work together?
    Do they also harmonize well in color?
    Do all the colors of character like hair, skin and eye color harmonize with accessory and outfit color?
    Is the character posing in an interesting manner, that also fits the theme?
    Does the background compliment character as well theme?
    Is the character the main focus of the screenshot?
    This are all things that will be taken into consideration when we judge your entries.

How will we know you will judge us fairly?
    Technically, you can't know, because there is no way we can prove that. However, even if some of judges have preferences when it comes to character designs and looks, we want you to trust us and believe us that we in every way possible try to be objective. We also have many different judges that all have different tastes, so this way we balance us out.

What do you mean with "let us know the reasoning behind your outfit and accessory combo"
    We would like you to tell us why exactly you picked the outfit and accessories for this theme. Let us know what went through your head when picking an outfit and/or accessories, so we can understand what you were trying to go for with your look! Something simple like, "I choose the outfit X because I think it suits my character as well as being an outfit I can freely dance in" is totally enough, but the more you let us know, the better we will understand your idea!
    With this, we hope to be able to judge even fairer by taking their own thoughts into account and what they want to portray with their outfits.

Why are males and female separated?
    This is to give both genders a fairer ground for winning. Let's be honest, males have a hard time competing against females when it comes to these events, which is why we decided on separating the genders.

Prize List
    1st Place - 500 AC | Sig by Gama | Profile Picture Drawing by me
    2nd Place - 500 AC | Sig by Gama
    3rd Place - Sig by Gama

Thank you to everyone who will participate in this event, we are trying our best to make this event fun for you, because above all, we want you, the community to have a great time with this event! If anything is unclear, please don't hesitate to ask, I will answer your questions as soon as possible. Now go and have fun, make some awesome screenshots of your characters!
    We are looking forward to your entries!

Last edited by redroses; Nov 12, 2014 at 09:29 AM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

You may only participate in either the Male or Female division
    Meaning if I enter male, i CANNOT enter female?

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

What if my character is a trap?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    Meaning if I enter male, i CANNOT enter female?
    Exactly, or vice versa!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    What if my character is a trap?

Spoiler!
    Then you enter the category for the gender you picked when you created your character!

Is the contest limited to Ship 2?

Well, it may be time to earn some cash and get something nice for Niare. I am very intrigued in this.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

This is nice and all...except there's no scheduled concerts this week and I don't think we'll get any next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    This is nice and all...except there's no scheduled concerts this week and I don't think we'll get any next week.
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to take the picture AT a concert. It's about what you would wear if you were GOING to a concert.

At least, that's how I read it.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    Is the contest limited to Ship 2?
    No, Japanese server only, because the prize is most likely webmoney code, since that will only work for Japanese PSO2, not Sea or Taiwan version, as they use their own version of AC.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to take the picture AT a concert. It's about what you would wear if you were GOING to a concert.

At least, that's how I read it.
    This is correct!
    The screenshot is not meant to be taken while the concert is taking place. The theme is just what you would wear IF you were to attend a Kuna concert. Just keep in mind that the screenshot most be taken in the Shopping Lobby!