Page 101 of 131 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1301

Feel as though they shouldn't make M10 drop so much bulk of items. Some stuff in there would be more important if it was dropped in an earlier mission. Wired Lance wouldn't be so bad if Kaiser dropped earlier, for example. Assault Buster and Acro Effect too: Stuff people ignore in M10. Just seems wasteful.

i never knew pressing the wrong button on tagami part would give nice PAs

sadly it locked tagami inside

PAs not worth it. There's like 17 different items, and I don't think any of them are really useful at all. If there is anything useful in there, there's too much junk to sort through, and besides, Tagami is better for Blitz and levels, which help the party much more than the PAs from that box, since everyone benefits and not just one person.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

The only good item that can drop from it is an 11* rod, being the only 11* you can get before M10. The rod also comes with innate Anti, but it's still not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I'm probably being biased because I've seen this kind of design fail elsewhere before.
    There's a line where if RNG is super bad, nothing anyone can do will make a difference.
    I'm just not sure if PSO2's Challenge is balanced enough to ensure that line is never crossed.
    Perhaps there's always a viable path to success because there are so many skill, PA and weapon options?
    Perhaps. See, the difference between this Challenge Mode and PSO1's was that PSO1 had fixed item drops for everyone (even though the drops obviously weren't doled out on a party member basis---they were for the whole party).

In PSO2, it may not be needed. One of the things about Challenge Mode people need to take note of is that it is designed for you to work with everyone in your MPA and not try to be stingy and hoard all the goodies to yourself because, I dunno, sucks to be everyone else. That's an attitude I don't see very often in CQ, though, luckily.

One of the things I like about Challenge is you have to know most of the classes, weapons, skills, enemies, PAs, etc to do well.
    I've played pretty much everything, so that appeals to me.
    I like being able to utilize all of what I've learned and apply it to these challenging situations.
    The only class I would say is iffy on a need-to-know basis is Bouncer. I still have yet to see anyone say what use Jet Boots have, but Dual Blades are a good weapon choice. That said, I came back into the game rather rusty after a year of being gone, but after a week of normal play, I hit CQ and it was like I was never gone from the game for all that length of time (I was in the zone, if you will).

It's strange. It has more than just skill it has to do with: a lot of it is multi-tasking and whether or not you can handle the adrenaline.

I'm used to games like Bayonetta, so it's not hard at all for me to focus on the action (that game is WAAAY more intense).

Anyway, this all reminds me... I got 0 drops from one of the Wolgardas in M4.
    I thought it was just the Rockbear that did that.
    In that run, it felt like most bosses only gave me 1-2 items.
    It didn't feel like people were dying much, but we were still so short on Grinders that we couldn't afford a single Chain Trigger.
    There were people short on units, as well. Sometimes the Tagamikaduchis only drop Rear units, so everyone has to make do with weak Arm units, or vice versa.
    But I guess you can completely forego units if you're amazing and never ever get hit?
    Oh my, I can't recall how many times I've been in an actual Emergency Quest and someone in the party doesn't even have semi-decent units. That's unbearable, really.

I'd ask them why, and he would say more likely than not "because you shouldn't be getting hit in the first place". That mentality is what will screw over a lot of people in your MPA when you die from a whack to the face. I think it's ridiculous that some bosses and special enemies aren't specifically programmed to drop a certain amount of items. ESPECIALLY mini-bosses like Rockbears, Caterdra'ns, etc., should all drop AT LEAST two items. It's absurd the way they have the RNG in Challenge Quest at times because you can have an absolutely flawless run where everything is hand-fed to you, and the next run you can be scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything you can get your hands on.

That's not proper game design at all. Creating an artificial challenge doesn't equate to having a 'REAL' challenge. Still...I like this Challenge Quest because it doesn't mess up THAT frequently with the RNG that it gets to that point all the time.

But the rest of the time, I feel the RNG is what type of group you end up in. You can be in a really great group that pulls together and works as a unit in one run, and for the next ten, you're stuck with groups that don't know anything about Challenge Quest yet are questing on the Hardcore blocks. It makes no sense, and I hate to say it, but I see it mostly happen with fellow-foreign players more so than I have JP players due to their lack of understanding (or wanting to understand) Kanji.

But...oh well. You win some, you lose some, I guess as they say. Just gotta cross your fingers you get in on a good MPA usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    I still have yet to see anyone say what use Jet Boots have, but Dual Blades are a good weapon choice.
    There's a JP guy in our runs who has cleared over 40 times.
    If I read correctly, they use Chain Trigger with the Jet Boots kick PA (Vint Jeeka?) on M10 to quickly take out Shitbird, and maybe Draal.
    I'm not too familiar with how to use that PA, or how to Chain Trigger with Jet Boots.
    If I recall correctly, that PA has increased damage based on Jet Boots Gear, so you need to make sure you've purchased that before M10.

It's strange. It has more than just skill it has to do with: a lot of it is multi-tasking and whether or not you can handle the adrenaline.

I'm used to games like Bayonetta, so it's not hard at all for me to focus on the action (that game is WAAAY more intense).
    Yeah, various JP friends have commented that Challenge is tiring and rushy.
    Personally, I like multi-tasking. Keeps me busy.
    I get drowsy and fall asleep otherwise.
    But it gets frustrating to expend so much effort and have it ruined by someone else failing.

Oh my, I can't recall how many times I've been in an actual Emergency Quest and someone in the party doesn't even have semi-decent units. That's unbearable, really.

I'd ask them why, and he would say more likely than not "because you shouldn't be getting hit in the first place". That mentality is what will screw over a lot of people in your MPA when you die from a whack to the face.
    They really shouldn't be saying that if they're getting hit and dying~
    At the very least, melee players tagging everything should get the good units.
    Or weapons that don't have good defensive capability (eg. Dual Blade).
    I'm always trying to be up in enemy's faces to prevent them attacking others, so I kinda need the units.

It's absurd the way they have the RNG in Challenge Quest at times because you can have an absolutely flawless run where everything is hand-fed to you, and the next run you can be scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything you can get your hands on.

That's not proper game design at all. Creating an artificial challenge doesn't equate to having a 'REAL' challenge. Still...I like this Challenge Quest because it doesn't mess up THAT frequently with the RNG that it gets to that point all the time.
    I think the range of varying randomness is too large.
    Perhaps what they should have done was had separate difficulties that determine number of drops per boss.
    But I wouldn't want to segregate groups of players even further. I already hate the regular difficulty brackets, as they don't really serve any decent purpose.

Maybe they should let individual players pick how many items they want dropped for them, for the sake of personal challenge?
    And then reward those players based on the total number of drops they exchanged and used?

But the rest of the time, I feel the RNG is what type of group you end up in. You can be in a really great group that pulls together and works as a unit in one run, and for the next ten, you're stuck with groups that don't know anything about Challenge Quest yet are questing on the Hardcore blocks. It makes no sense, and I hate to say it, but I see it mostly happen with fellow-foreign players more so than I have JP players due to their lack of understanding (or wanting to understand) Kanji.

But...oh well. You win some, you lose some, I guess as they say. Just gotta cross your fingers you get in on a good MPA usually.
    I guess the problem is a lot of people just want easy points and don't care if they can actually perform at hardcore level. They just want others to perform hardcore for their sake.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 17, 2015 at 01:28 AM.

Challenge isn't tiring and rushy. Makes me feel awake (except M1, and 2 of course).

Normal runs of ult with a 12 person MPA is the epitome of tiring (dealing with a hyper-agressive clusterfuck of enemies, being attack from the fking nether, and spamming PAs blindly into a zondeeled ball of light = visual overload).

I don't find drop RNG bad because of the slimmed drop pool being intentionally set up to typically drop X at Y since you have at least a half dozen other drop rolls. Of course this sucks for ~4-person runs though, but that's the tradeoff (not sure if intentional, but it's a good balance tradeoff for how easy VR is to manage with 4 people).

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I guess the problem is a lot of people just want easy points and don't care if they can actually perform at hardcore level. They just want others to perform hardcore for their sake.
    I don't get this mentality in CM. Of course I don't go super tryhard mode for TAs because I don't do it competitively, and the reward is... getting a 10 second headstart on the next TA maybe...?

All it takes is one run to see that miles are rewarded exponentially better for your time as a result of efficiency, and spawns are scripted. Why wouldn't you employ the cheesiest, safest, spawn-nuking, and boss trolling methods as seen in TA videos at that point?

I never played RA beyond 30, but you better believe I learned to cluster bullet fast for CM.

I never really touched offensive techs. Then CM came, and I learned the beauty of TPS foie first hand.

CM rewards you for being hardcore in arguably the most direct manner than anything else, so why hold back everyone including yourself, and make the mile grind longer?

I guess that's why I like CM right there...
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Apr 17, 2015 at 02:20 AM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Vinto Jikar to kill Vomos with CT? That sounds incredibly stupid as the only window you'd get to hit him with -that- PA is on a wing or face stun, and then you have to hope it drops anyway. It also doesn't do that much damage, either, at least not for the setup it requires, since you have to tech (useless in M10) and then charge the PA for a couple of seconds to even use it. Furthermore Vomos stun is not very long at all, you'd have to start your PA before the stun actually happens most likely, and the best possible place is the horn which is hard to keep up with.

The fastest way we've found to kill Vomos is to have 2-3 people attacking the face the entire time (preferably with Elder TMG mechguns), and everyone else going for the wings. If done properly, you'll stun him out of flying up to do his flame pillars, and you should be able to kill him shortly after that if everyone moves for the face/horn with Chain Trigger.

I've cleared at least 70 times now, and we've tested out the JB PA a few times, and while the numbers it can hit can be high (we're talking 20,000+ on weakspots), it's beaten easily by things like BHS, Sakura, Satellite Aim and Heavenly Kite.

why is everything going after me and not other ppl

Quote Originally Posted by Stickboy View Post
    why is everything going after me and not other ppl
    You dealt the most damage/first target in range when enemies aggro.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!