By Ryna at 08/25/2010 - 6:13am
Scans from the latest issue of Famitsu have provided us with the first exciting glimpses of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. Scheduled for release in the winter, Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity appears to be a brand new game. Based on the translations that Mike has provided, we know the following details:
- New Story Mode - There will be a brand new Story Mode that is set during the events of Phantasy Star Portable 2
- New Race - A new race called "Dumans" are being introduced. They are mutated humans that have an Infinity Blast special attack.
- Character Redesigns - Existing races will receive visual overhauls.
- Infinity Difficulty - A new difficulty that is higher than S-Rank.
- Character Rebirth - The level cap for Infinity will be 200. Once a character hits cap, a "Rebirth" option will appear. Your character level will be reduced 1, but your character will have improved stats.
- More PSO Monsters - Monsters from Phantasy Star Online such as the Garanz, Chaos Bringer, and Olga Flow will appear in the game.
- Visual Lobbies - The online lobby system originally seen in Phantasy Star Online will return.
- Screenshot Functionality - Players will have the ability to take in-game screenshots. Pressing Select will activate Screenshot mode. After that, a player can take a screenshot by pressing the Start button.
This is very exciting news for fans of the Phantasy Star Portable franchise! You can discuss this new details in this forum thread.