Do your best to protect the NPC and don't let them die.You have to keep them
alive. If they die the quest will end. Some enemies have the ability to kill the
NPC in one hit. Do not rely on the NPC's to help you.
Dying without a scape will also end the quest. There are many enviromental
traps new and exclusive to this new quest. There are pillars or lights, fiery
of explosions, luminous trails and different forms of lightning (one shocks, and
one freezes). This all adds to the difficulty of the quest.
This quest is broken up into two halves. After you journey through Spaceship,
you will have to defeat Gol Dragon. You will complete the first half of the quest
at this point and be able to save.
This is a difficult quest, it is recommended that you are able to easily defeat
the EP2 CCA level and beat the CCA area boss offline alone. Once you can easily
do that, you are safe to attempt the online quest at the same difficulty level.
Note that enemies are tougher online than they are offline. The NPC's that you
will have to fight are also very difficult, especially on Ult mode.
You can get Elly or Kireek to join you in the fight. If you told Sue your name
in the Dr Osto's Reseach quest offline, completed the Sue
route/subplot and you have beaten Knowing One's Heart, you will have Kireek
joining your team.
Tell Sue your name in Dr Osto's Research
Start - VR Temple - VR Spaceship - Gol Dragon - CCA with
Sue and Kireek Appearance- Control Tower accompanied by Kireek- Mother
Room 1- Seaside1 - Laboratory - End
Don't tell Sue your name in Dr Osto's Research
Start - VR Temple - VR Spaceship - Gol Dragon - CCA -
Control Tower accompanied with Elly- Mother Room 2 - Seaside 2-
Laboratory - End
- If the NPC Elly is killed, the quest will immediately end, and you will be
forced to restart over from the beginning if you haven't reached the halfway mark
- Dying without a Scape Doll will cause the quest to immediately end.
- This quest has many new environmental traps exclusive to Seat of the Heat.
- Traps include: Ice and Electric based lighting attacks that freeze and shock
your character instantly on contact, stone structures that emit damaging shock
waves of light, explosions of fire that arise from the floor under your character,
and large rotating blades.
- There are many exclusive, yet difficult monsters featured within the Control
Tower portion of this quest. So be prepared.
- It is recommended that you do not attempt to play this quest until you can
comfortably complete VR Temple - Seabed offline on the same difficulty mode you
plan on playing Seat of the Heart on.
- This quest is divided into two parts. Part one consists of VR Temple - VR
Spaceship (including battle with Gol Dragon). Part two consists of the Central
Control Area - Central Control Tower.
- After completing the first part of the quest, you are given the opportunity
to save your progress. If Elly or yourself are killed, you will then be able to
start off from the beginning of part two.
- After successfully completing the quest, the save data that was created after
part one will be erased.
- Del Lilly's use Megid on all four difficulty modes.
- Techniques Jellen & Zalure have no effect on Ultimate Gol Dragon.
- You cannot use Telepipes or Ryuker for the duration of both parts of the quest.
You can only go back to Pioneer 2 after completion of part one.
- During the Control Tower portion of the quest, you can have the NPC Kireek
join you instead of Elly. Read the section below to find out how.
- You can only get one Ragol Ring per difficulty (Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Ultimate).
- You must have one free space in your inventory (XX/30) to receive the Ragol
Elly's Episode 1 Costume
After the Ragol Ring has been obtained, you can replay the quest with Elly appearing in her Episode 1 costume. First, you must create a game using the same difficulty setting as the one you used to obtain the Ragol Ring. Once the quest has been loaded, you will be given two choices. If you select the first one, Elly will use her Episode 2 costume. The second choice corresponds to her Episode 1 outfit. Credit goes to S-T-H for spotting this trick.
Acquiring the Ragol Ring
If you follow a preset number of steps while playing the offline Hunters Guild
quests, you can acquire a rare shield called the Ragol Ring during Seat of the
Heart. Follow the below steps to acquire the ring.
1. Successfully complete VR Temple - CCA (including defeating the Gal Gryphon).
2. Complete the following Hunters Guild quests offline on the same difficulty
you plan to play Seat of the Heart on:
Note: The following events for each quest can only be completed the first time
the quest is played. You cannot go back to a quest after previously completing
it and activate the Sue/Bernie Subplot conversations. You must initiate the Sue/Bernie
Subplot conversations the FIRST time you play the quest or you won't be able to
get the Ragol Ring.
The Quests below require no steps aside from simply completing them. They do
not have any required Sue/Bernie conversations to engage in.
Magnitude of Metal
Claiming a Stake
Knowing One's Heart
The Quests below require that you talk with either Sue, Bernie, or both. Make
sure to speak with them several times after they finish their initial conversation
to make sure they have nothing left to say. You must make sure to do this or you
may loose out on acquiring the Ragol Ring.
Dr. Osto's Research
Tell Sue your name when she asks near the end of the quest.
Find Sue in Mine 2 and speak with her. Now look for Bernie also in Mine 2 and
speak with him. Tell him about Sue when he asks.
Waterfall of Tears
Find Sue near the shop on Pioneer 2 and speak with her. When a prompted to choose
a topic of conversation, select to talk to her about Black Paper. After the conversation,
find Bernie in Caves 1 and speak with him.
Find Sue again on Pioneer 2 and initiate in conversation with her. When prompted
to make a discussion choice, ask her about her purpose. Now head down to Cave
1 and find Bernie. Once found, speak with him.
3. Play Seat of the Heart on the same difficulty mode that you completed the
4. Various times during the quest, you will need to answer a series of questions
correctly in order to move on. The answers to the questions are as follows:
The first conversation prompt appears almost immediately after the quest begins.
Respond to Elly's question with the phrase "You can count on me"
The second conversation prompt appears once you've been ambushed by the HUmar
and RAmar in the Spaceship. Reply to the first prompt with "Do not hand over
The third conversation prompt appears almost immediately after #2. Reply with
"Hand IDs over".
The fourth conversation prompt will appear near the beginning of the second half
of the quest. Just before you and Elly enter the Teleporter leading into the CCA,
a prompt to select a phrase will appear. Select "Enter the Teleporter".
As soon as you enter the CCA from step #4, Elly will talk with Cal; followed by
yet another phrase prompt. After the conversation, select "Let's Go".
When you reach the final gate near the Control Tower, a long conversation will
begin with the two Cal characters. After the conversation, a phrase prompt will
appear. Select "Scold her".
Almost immediately after conversation prompt #6, a final prompt will appear. Select
5. Sure and Kireek will appear after you release the lock to the gate leading
to the Control Tower only if you completed the Sue/Bernie Subplot correctly. After
the brief conversation between the four, you and Kireek will be free to enter
the Control Tower.
6. Destroy only the correct computers/switches and complete the Control Tower.
( It's not necessary to defeat Epsilon). Refer to the maps below.
7. The end of the mission takes place in the Seaside area. Once you regain
consciousness, travel down the beach till you find Elly. Once you get close enough
to her location, an automatic conversation will start up between her and you.
If you followed the above steps correctly, she'll reward you with the Ragol Ring.
To do damage to Epsilon, wait for the 4 shields/parts to move away from the
center core. Then inflict damage to the center core. Trying to hurt him while
the shields are not away from the core will not damage him.
- Del Lily will spit out Megid on any difficulty setting.
- You cannot use Jellen and Zalure on the Gol Dragon in Ultimate mode.
- The quest will also save your data and progress after you beat Gol Dragon.
This save point however does not work between different difficulty levels.
- You cannot use Ryuker or Telepipes.