Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Ok so I read that article in PLAY.
    I'd nagged about it earlier and Shidoshi said it was out, and indeed it is so. But Shidoshi only mentioned what didn't get answered. Since it seems no one's on it yet, I'll answer what does.

Ok most exciting news for me...
    EXPERT LEVEL
    There was an "expert level" of some sort mentioned on here where you could master TWO things. Such as HUing and FOing. The asker was like "I'll be devastated if I can't help my team with a bit o' the FO stuff and be a HU at the same time like I was on PSO" So his answer to that was to reveal that you can indeed develop into some kind of HUFO or RAHU or w/e once you're good enough. I know lots of people will find this to be excellent news.

ONLINE EXCLUSIVES
    The asker said that if you play offline, won't that spoil all of online so there's no surprises to see with your friends?
    The answer to this one is there's online exclusive maps, monsters and weps. We all suspected this one but it's nice to confirm it with a fact.

Super Ethan
    It is confirmed that Ethan is some kind of superchar, and playing as him is way diff then your own guy. He basically says Ethan is like a class-switcher type dude who isn't held to the rules of the rest of the game weps/techs/etc wise so...offline WILL be a diff experience for you with him.

Switching Consoles
    They said "can you use PC OR PS2 and then switch between 'em to play" This was a topic on the 2nd page of here, but this article gives you hardcore confirmation of YES if the game is installed on a PC and you started on a PS2 you can surely switch. **Edit** this pretains to the online char aspect of the game. Like if you made your online guy, played a while at your house on a PS2 and then you had to go to college or something that only had a PC there, so you bought the PSU PC disk, and installed it, you could just pick up your guy from there and keep going.

XBOX
    Bah once again. They don't know. Everything regarding Xbox is like "IDK IDK IDK" even on here like 5 seconds from the release. It's like "Is xbox gonna be linked" and then 'oh...we dont know..at this time...' This is frusterating.

Is it related to PS or PSO is it a prequel/sequel/w/e?
    NO. Regis, the final answer is PSU has nothing to do with any other PS game or PSO game. He said the names of stuff are little winks and nods to people who played them but it is in no way the continuity. This keeps coming up with speculators and all, so it's good to have it in print.

Is there an ice board?
    No. Ice is an element, but there's no ice planet or anything like that.

Can you do online vehicles?
    Yes. But we already knew that.

USA and JP are seperate, that is sad why why why?
    Again they're spouting the plot thing.
    JP plot is like 2mo ahead of USA plot so as not to ruin it they have..."No plans to link the servers AT THIS TIME"

*The caps there are really encourageing to me. This means that they *could* do it later on if they want to. And that maybe they will, once everything gets fairly settled plotwise.

*I am also of the opinion that 'plot' is a thin excuse for them hating the rest of the world and not want it "filthing up their JP paradise". If they do join them later, it would prove me gratefully wrong.

*Once again EU gets skrood with this question. Is EU and USA linked? Asker never asked or got ignored because they still don't know.

What about Musk Cats? I wanna be a Musk Cat?
    Utter. Waste. Of. Question.
    Ok ok I'm an android that's an opinion I have...but if Magic Fairy Kitten was a race on here we'd know by now.
    He goes on to say Beast is catish in some ways and that inserting a non-anthro alien cat race is 'interesting'. Which is a way to say 'ain't happenin' this game'. (The game is like 1mo from JP release, they can't do anything else at this point, no matter WHAT it is)
    I hope I'm not harsh but where was the 10 lb. lop-ear rabbit race in Halo? They could totally hold their own against Flood and mesh perfectly with the plot of Halo in online combat mode.

A Better Plot Promise
    What I gather is that by playing offline mode (they reeeely want you to do this first) you can learn about the people, ways, politics etc. of the Gural system, and totally immerse yourself in that culture, truly becoming a character in that world. This is utter awesomeness for Fanfic/fanartists. The plot being as solid as it is shouldn't leave everyone grasping at straws, but we also already knew this...just good to hear it.

Return of the Wep!
    It IS confirmed that some famous weps/items will be making a comeback for PSU. Spacifically "the ones fans have been clamoring for". I have no idea what these are because only JPs can clamor and have anyone hear it. Anything else I say is speculation and that's not my purpose here. But expect to see upgrades of familiar cool items.

I think this was it of the new/newish stuff on the interview. The article has some cool screens and your usual ethan art, but I'd say take a look, if just to see it for yourself. It's good to have something to report on again...

- -
    Edit: missing title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-07-22 16:28 ]</font>

On 2006-07-22 15:37, AzureBlaze wrote:

EXPERT LEVEL
    There was an "expert level" of some sort mentioned on here where you could master TWO things. Such as HUing and FOing. The asker was like "I'll be devastated if I can't help my team with a bit o' the FO stuff and be a HU at the same time like I was on PSO" So his answer to that was to reveal that you can indeed develop into some kind of HUFO or RAHU or w/e once you're good enough. I know lots of people will find this to be excellent news.
    OMG

I really hope they can keep this balanced with so few classes. Seems like everyone will just end up as a HU/FO, RA/FO, or FO/HU

Then again, this will take the pressure off forces to be pure healers, meaning they can nuke more, so I guess its all good. Newman hunters can rejoice too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-07-22 15:43 ]</font>

EEK! Rager + Force would've been utter pwnage, but not as a CAST! Argh! W..wait...
    A RAHUCAST! YES! Ownage!111one!!eleven11!

I'll wait until I see the interview for myself, as the way AzureBlaze puts it is a tad confusing (no offense), and that's an awfully big bombshell.

It's also pretty stupid and throws the balance of their current system into oblivion.

Member of the PSO in PSU club!

....I'd say what you do is...Put some FMA style alchemy in the game >>...Okay seirously on the topic...

I agree....it is kind of a big bombshell...though a HUFO would be like the ultimate....or a HUFORA...hey...htat sounds funny...HUFORA

I think you still can't play two classes at once.

You can indeed develop into some kind of HUFO or RAHU or w/e once you're good enough."

This quote is restating that you can level up Photon Abilities/Techniques in different jobs by switching jobs.

So, being a HU/FO just means you have Photon Abilities/Techniques of each job, but not at the same time.

Member of the PSO in PSU club!

....I think I get it....I THINK....

Screw techniques, I'll be a HU/RA, if it ends up being possible.

On 2006-07-22 16:10, Phaze37 wrote:
    Screw techniques, I'll be a HU/RA, if it ends up being possible.
    You can, but I believe you can use only one of the jobs at a time.