Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Drum and Bass Junglist

Check it out, leave comments below-

http://pc.ign.com/articles/727/727216p1.html

W00!~ go ign, way to show up that crappy gamespot*vomits* preview

You're a tad late. A link to that preview was already posted here: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...20&start=15&17.

Perchance to dream...

I guess the person who wrote that isn't a PSU fan.

Though I'm a little alarmed at the part where he says the action slowed to a painful crawl due to framerate issues on the X360. I'm getting the PC version so I'm just thinking of those people who are getting it for that system.

Perchance to dream...

On 2006-08-22 20:16, Bleu wrote:
    I guess the person who wrote that isn't a PSU fan.

Though I'm a little alarmed at the part where he says the action slowed to a painful crawl due to framerate issues on the X360. I'm getting the PC version so I'm just thinking of those people who are getting it for that system.
    Edit: Thanks for the link Kyuu. Didn't see that.

Yes it is a tad late but it deserves a different thread as it's a different review, Kyuu

The 360 version was particularly disappointing as it blurred out significant portions of the background, making it seem like the air had somehow attained an aqueous aspect. Framerate issues plagued the X360 version, with action slowing to a painful crawl with surprising regularity. Each character's fingers were poor as well, looking more like steak fries than multijointed digits. Visuals seemed most comfortable on the PS2, as the Xbox 360 seemed more like a high resolution and extremely blurry version of it.
    360's graphics not so hot?
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Awesome preview, way more informative than gamespots.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

I'd imagine the Xbox 360 version isn't as close to completion as the other two, and hence has more graphics glitches and performance problems (seeing as how it's to be released later). It will probably be much more polished by the time it's actually released.

The one thing that's silly, is the writer's nitpick about the characters fingers... PSU was developed for the PS2, and was *not* developed for the 360.

It would take over a year to rework all the character and NPC models to meet uber super fantastical XBox 360 "standards" that graphixephiles expect.

Does the writer understand it was a demo disk and not the 100% total and final finished retail release of the game? It seemed as if he was reviewing the retail release, critiqueing(sp) it instead of simply previewing the game...

My question is; is it so difficult to simply *enjoy* PSU based on it's fun and gameplay?; instead of picking apart and nit-picking the graphics?....
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier