**This Pure Striking PM guide is incomplete but it can help quite a few people wondering about the subject. Post your requests and I'll try to answer it or others might too. I'll update it**

BALANCE IS THE KEY

My PM is a pure lvl 80 striking (yeah still 20 lvls left to reach the 100).

I can tell you that it's pretty expensive to get a pure PM. The easiest way to lvl it is to start by giving the PM healing items. When the PM gets close to 100 in Tech, you give weapons to lower it down. Here's a list of the best items (in my mind) that you should give to your PM.

Melee Weapon 1*:____Strk+4_____Tech-1
    Melee Weapon 2*:____Strk+8_____Tech-1
    Melee Weapon 3*:____Strk+12____Tech-2

&

1*Monomate:________Strk+4_____Tech+1
    3*Trimate:__________Strk+8_____Tech+2
    5*Moon Atomizer:____Strk+12____Tech+3
    7*Moon Atomizer X___Strk+16____Tech+4

Those are the simplest combinations you can make. The best ratio for ''healing items'' (such as monomates and food) is 4/1 (Strk/Tech) and are identified above.I should also tell you that the recovery items above are just a short list. You can use all recovery items with odd numbers of stars (1*, 3*, 5* & 7*). For melee weapons, you can use the one you want but I strongly suggest the 2* ones.

Little FAQ:

Q1- Are Dimates good to lvl a pure Strking PM?
    Answer- No, not really. Dimates have a lower ratio than other possible items you can give your PM. Dimates gives Strk+6 & Tech+2 (3/1 ratio) so you will have to give your PM more melee weapons which are most expensive than the monomates, trimates and moon atomizer X that you can find or synth.

Q2 - Why should I focus on 2* melee weapons?
    Answer- Well, 1* weapons are cheap in shops. They only boosts your PM by 4 in Striking but they are a great way to lower your Tech. Also, the 3* weapons are selling for too much in NPC shops or in players shops. On the other hand, the 2* weapons are dropped by mobs in C-rank quests and since they drop a lot, players are selling them for almost nothing in their shop. We are talking about 300 mesetas for each 2*weapons. A good advice I can give you, do some shopping. A lot of players are selling them and you can probably get a great deal in some player's shop. Although, if you have a board to synth 3* weapons (or higher), I strongly advise you to give your finished product to your PM because it will lower its Tech by 2 and will boost Strk by 12.

Q3 - How much time will it take 'til it reaches 100?
    Answer- It depends on a lot of things but you can make your own plan. If you have all the items you need, it will take a minimum of 13 feedings.

Q4 - If I start my PM at 0 and I buy all the items, how much will that PM cost me?
    Answer - Let's say that each weapons are 2* and that you buy them all for 300mesetas, it will cost you 180,000 mesetas for the weapons only if you balance the Tech. You will need 601 melee weapons 2*. Check below to understand...

IF YOU PAY FOR ALL ITEMS
    Type________#_______$_______Tot$$$_______Strk.LV__ ___Tech.LV
    2*weaps:___601_____300______180,300______+48.08___ ____-12.01
    4/1 food: __1298______50_______64,900______+51,92_______+12. 98
    Total:____________________245,200____+100,00______ +0.97

Note: This technique can ONLY be done in an OPTIMAL CONDITIONS. One mistake and you failed your pure PM. Just observe that you need at least 601 weapons 2* or equivalent (at least 1201 weapons 1* or at least 301 weapons 3*) and no more than 1,300 healing items. You can always give more weapons since they lower Tech. You could feed your PM weapons until you reach 100 but it will cost you about 400,000 mesetas. And don't forget that you might find a lot of Monomates, Trimates, Moon Atomizers (X) on your runs which will considerably lower the cost of your PM.

Note2: 1,299 is the highest number of healing items with a ratio of 4/1 that you can give (if you don't give anything else). Just DON'T FORGET that you cannot give those 1,299 at any time. Example: You give 99 monomates (+4/+1) and you give your PM at least 1 weapon* before giving your PM another monomate. If you don't, your pure PM will be lost because you would have reached 100% Tech and would have leveled it.

Remember, BALANCE IS THE KEY.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-11-12 21:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-11-13 14:34 ]</font>

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

Acually I can break this down for you very quickly.

You say the best ratio is 4:1. Yes it is, but in the form of 5 star items, not monomates. You'll finish up the PM so much more quickly if you just feed it 5*, and money wise they are a lot cheaper and way more common than Moon Atomiser Xs. I just fed it all my Moon atomisers and those of my friends. Fruit juice is another option, tho it's good to buy a few 5 star PM boards and synth whatever junk you have picked up. Berries and the like.

2 star weapons are the best to feed, to do this look for "Twin knife" in player shops. This is the most common 2* drop. Looking for things like "2*" in shop ads generally got me nowhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-11-12 22:50 ]</font>

I agree about the 2 stars, I can find lots of them in drops in the relics or i can buy them for cheap, I remember buying a twin brand for 125 meseta, if that isn't a bargain, I don't know what is. but yeah, I agree about blades helping alot. I synthed some of the many sabra and knife boards I had to feed him and lower the technic. what I have to say is that it'll take a while to make a pure striking pm since weapons don't drop in the same rate as they once did in pso, but I'm doing it anyway. Thanks for making up this guide.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

So far so good. Sticky-listed.
    Keep updating it. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

1 item. Groovy juice.

How much should I be paying for a twin knife? I've seem them as low as 100 and as high as 1000.

You can synth fruit juice from scratch for 200 meseta each... 100 for the board and 50 + 50 for berries. Excellent price on 5* food. It's pretty much the mainstay of my PM diet.

On the downside it costs 335 meseta to synthesize a 1* weapon, buying board and all materials except the photon. I've been buying 'em straight out of the NPC shop and putting the time saved (vs searching player shops) into grinding missions for meseta.

24 FJ and 75 saud's a day.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

I'd like to add:

for your first character, you will not have the disposable income to spend on buying 2* weapons from the shop, and you are not likely to reach the 99 items per 12 hour period either (the closest I've gotten is perhaps 50 items, and I' level 4.

I make the following recommendation

1* weapons, and 5* foods (including moons, fruit juice, dogma drop, etc) in a 3:1 ratio. You can craft 1* items if you want, but it's not worth it. the possibility of even 1 synth failure makes it cost ineffective. You'd be better off crafting 3* weapons, and selling them in a shop, and keeping/using any 3* with good %s.

Feel free to feed your PM any 2* and 3* weapons that drop as you do runs, but they don't really drop in any realiable quantity.

Also, do not feed your mag 4* or higher weapons. You can sell these to the NPCs and replace them with even more 1* weapons