Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

PSOW Home Page News:
    The Japanese PC/PS2 servers for Phantasy Star Universe were brought down for urgent maintenance earlier this morning to address a number of security issues. During this maintenance, extra measures were put in place to help strengthen the game's protection against cheats and cheat tools. Although the exact details aren't yet known, the changes included client-side patching and updates to the GameGuard software.

In additon, it was announced that any irregular (illegal) items would be wiped from the system and that there would be mass bannings of accounts involved with such items.

The update brings hopeful news to the PC/PS2 community, where the effects of online exploits have been visible for some time. Is this the long-overdue boost to security that players have been waiting for? Perhaps, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Feel free to head on over to the Phantasy Star Universe Forum to share you thoughts and speculations. Thanks to Itsuki-chan for the story!
    On 2007-02-12 11:41, Itsuki-chan wrote:
    A few things to note:
    - It only took a couple days for the japanese server to be taken down and updated.
    - The bannings weren't all bannings. Many of them were temporary suspensions, explained by Lyrise:

[13:38] <@Lyrise> basically the game plan is this
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> if you get caught cheating
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> you're suspended
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> during that suspension, they're going to audit your acocunt.
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> if nothing else is wrong, you're off the hook
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> if something is wrong
    [13:40] <@Lyrise> you get handed the ban stick.

- And all 11* and 12* and 10* that don't drop were removed. I think anything with irregularities were removed. But many of the hacked weapons are synth hacked. Like... they hack the synth board, and then make the weapon using that. So the resulting weapon is completely clean.

EDIT: And gg updates are universal. So US server gets them the minute JP does. But this kind of client patch always makes it to the US server within an update or two.
    On 2007-02-12 11:54, Lyrise wrote:
    http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/...de=view&id=236

That is the original source of all this wonderful information. The fun part is that according to the other boards, anything that doesn't drop currently, all have their stats slightly modified, as to pick off those who think they can get away with hacking the synth boards (Someone had mentioned a hacked 2 headed Ragnus was different than the real thing).

In any case, or rather, this occurance, anyone caught with unreleased weapons got temp suspensions. This was the warning shot that ensures fair treatment for all, even those unknowingly caught in the mess. And as Itsuki has explained, that is the process they're going to follow.
    On 2007-02-12 11:57, Lyrise wrote:
    Repeat offenses no matter how minor result in the same penalty as a major offense - permanent banning (Not account deletion, they need your account intact to keep your serial key BLOCKED)
    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-12 12:02 ]</font>

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

-Snapshots.-

Photographer, AND Reporter!

<3

Thank God. I just hope it isn't too little, or too late.

Too little, too late IMO. Many of us have already taken initiative and moved on. But hey at least they're doing something... on the JP servers anyway.

I remember when an announcement, like this, was made for Warcraft 3. It definitely brought some people back. Not that I'm comparing relative sizes between the two; but this news definitely helps.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Lets hope they do the same to the NA server soon.

On 2007-02-12 11:38, Jae wrote:
    Too little, too late IMO. Many of us have already taken initiative and moved on. But hey at least they're doing something... on the JP servers anyway.
    I'm sure we'll get it soon. An update like this, on the JP side, when they supposedly don't have much, yet we are plagued with it? I'm sure it's a test run for when it comes to the North American side.

I'm glad my account renews later today now. ^_^

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Its too late... and its only for JP server... cause sega dont care about NA-EU server

perhaps this will bring peace among the 360 and PC/Ps2 users on here.....

ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

A few things to note:
    - It only took a couple days for the japanese server to be taken down and updated.
    - The bannings weren't all bannings. Many of them were temporary suspensions, explained by Lyrise:

[13:38] <@Lyrise> basically the game plan is this
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> if you get caught cheating
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> you're suspended
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> during that suspension, they're going to audit your acocunt.
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> if nothing else is wrong, you're off the hook
    [13:39] <@Lyrise> if something is wrong
    [13:40] <@Lyrise> you get handed the ban stick.

- And all 11* and 12* and 10* that don't drop were removed. I think anything with irregularities were removed. But many of the hacked weapons are synth hacked. Like... they hack the synth board, and then make the weapon using that. So the resulting weapon is completely clean.

EDIT: And gg updates are universal. So US server gets them the minute JP does. But this kind of client patch always makes it to the US server within an update or two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-02-12 11:43 ]</font>