Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Have you even SEEN this thing?

Apparently now Sega is trying to get PSU users on the 360 and PSU to get this "PSU Texter". It's some kind of...controller decal plus strange box cord jumper thing.

It is supposed to be used if you can't get a keyboard.
    Wait. Why?
    A Playstation 2 or 3 has a USB port (or more) on the front where you can plug in any USB keyboard, (or the powerboard which is only $11.00 right? Does the 360? It has an adapter that lets you plug ANY usb keyboard into a controller hole. People had to be typing on this thing somehow, didn't they? Doesn't pretty much EVERYbody have a keyboard at this point because USB Keyboards are like $9.99?

If you watch the video at http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_blueorb.php

You can see it in action. Apparently choosing among colored bands with one hand and then somehow scrolling through the corrasponding letters and numbers of that color bracket with the other lets you magically spell things fast?

But why?
    I don't know. Maybe I'm trapped in the stone-age because I don't text 328257 times each day on a phone. What is your opinion on this device?

Also note:
    They're throwing in all kinds of bonuses to try and lure you into buying it. The bonuses seem to be recycled art as 'stickers' and a coupon (?) for a free shirt. Fortunatly, the bonuses do not attract me enough to cause me to be sad that I don't want this strange technology.

However, I'm quite curious as to what everyone else thinks of this thing.

I just have to say lol @ the HEL YEAH guy in the video.

haha from now on I'm saying HEL YEAH! It looks like utter crap to me, but I got a good laugh out of that.

Oh my gosh, that was the funniest video I have seen in a while. I actually thought it was a spoof for awhile. "CANT TYPEFA-" and next frame they fixed it.

TALKING ABOUT THE SCENERY:
    "wow"

And HEL YEH! Not only that, I mean, give yourself a week with the On screen keyboard and you'll be better than that.

Yeah, I saw the thing the other day, but that's way inconvenient for when you're fighting a boss and you can't move. But then again, I guess that's what shortcuts are for...

I'll still probably get it just for kicks anyway.

EDIT: $40!?!?! Are you KIDDING ME?!
    EDIT2: And it ships June 26th.
    EDIT3: Also, yeah. I couldn't find a USB Keyboard for less than $20 personally, but thinking back, I did get a USB Keyboard for PS2 for less than $10. I think most would rather stick with USB Keyboards, but that's me. I bet some people will get this and like it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-05-29 23:08 ]</font>

At first I wondered... "Wait a sec. That music background did not fit in with the first area that they've shown."
    Then I realize that it was just going to loop throughout the video.

"Hello"

"WUD UP"

"Life"

"HEL YEH"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-05-29 23:08 ]</font>

It's suddenly reminding me of an episode of The Boondocks.

Lawl, texting...

I saw that, too.

My thoughts:

http://sc.tri-bit.com/Cat_Wtfits
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Wouldn't on-screen keyboards be as much of a hassle during bosses? Heck, even stopping to type as a PC user can be life threatening. I can't count how many times I got pegged by the S-rank Vanda's superdigaspellthatican'trememberthepropernamefor while I was attempting to type something out.

I don't know--Texters for game console controllers might actually be useful ... but for $40? And if current consoles have USB ports, why not just package the game with a dvorak-style keyboard?

Still, I gotta say, this had me cracking up:

"this planet makes me hungry" ... On G Colony.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-05-29 23:09 ]</font>

On 2007-05-29 23:06, Allison_W wrote:
    I saw that, too.

My thoughts:

http://sc.tri-bit.com/Cat_Wtfits

I LOLed at the vidoe